Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheBigAristotle posted:

I don't actually know about big soccer

It’s still around but if you thought these forums were dead, hoo boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Troy Queef posted:

dunno what I want to see more, Yanks raging about Pulisic or the British media's Fat Frank apologetics

both sound extremely friggin good, and you know what? we're getting both

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I'm a Derby fan and I can indeed confirm that Frankie Lampz is not that good.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Moktaro posted:

competent looking United side

not so sure about that tbh (unfortunately). first half was dreadful + going into the second half with a lead made all the difference

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

looking forward for frank lampard's punditry team go into overdrive at how man united should be docked points for just not letting him win

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
United laying down a marker today. They look like the team to beat this season and they didn't play garbage like west ham or norwich. Going to be a tight race for 2nd place.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

It’s still around but if you thought these forums were dead, hoo boy.

it's all on Twitter these days, search #MUNCHE or the official NBC affiliated hashtags

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Woodenlung posted:

United laying down a marker today. They look like the team to beat this season and they didn't play garbage like west ham or norwich. Going to be a tight race for 2nd place.

Source your quotes (as long as they're not from the efuckt forums)

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

sticksy posted:

Source your quotes (as long as they're not from the efuckt forums)

it's efukt, you uneducated oval office

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Woodenlung posted:

lol

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Woodenlung posted:

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Woodenlung posted:

United laying down a marker today.

just absolutely pinching one off

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
classic munich sandwich energy

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Glad to see Chelsea determined to defend their woodwork-hitting title at least

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EbzHr7Zq-U

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
didnt see the game, how was the service to pulisic?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
He set up United's third goal

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
That result makes me a bit more assured we won't need Alisson on Wednesday

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/G_byers/status/1160602620144340993?s=20

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Tbf absent weird circumstances (time in England, English grandparents or some poo poo) why should an American root strongly for loving United or Chelsea lmao

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Tbf absent weird circumstances (time in England, English grandparents or some poo poo) why should an American root strongly for loving United or Chelsea lmao

Because you can support teams outside the country you live in. And get invested in a team too shockingly.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CyberPingu posted:

Because you can support teams outside the country you live in. And get invested in a team too shockingly.

Yeah trust me I know

but imho it’s not that bad to not do so or to have a light interest in a team overshadowed by the one halfway decent player from your country being on another

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

TheBigAristotle posted:

He set up United's third goal

Lol

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

TheBigAristotle posted:

Wan Bissaka good

not much, wan bissaka with you?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah trust me I know

but imho it’s not that bad to not do so or to have a light interest in a team overshadowed by the one halfway decent player from your country being on another

Football is a team sport supporting players is weird

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

EC10 posted:

Wan Bissaka? I ‘ardly knew er!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

julian assflange posted:

Wan Bissaka? I ‘ardly knew er!

You'd be giroud not to.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Not got to see any football until MOTD2 tonight so was like when I was a kid football was back with the MOTD theme.

From reading this thread the highlights reel flattered us a bit but I'm really pleased from what I saw of Maguire and for the goal scorers.

Our midfield looks shallow as gently caress.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
What we learned today is marcus rashford is really good at football. United will draw against some dross in early september, pogboom will start a mutiny again and itll all come tumbling down.

Weirdly happy for that welsh kid tho

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

I mean when you're a healthy football-loving person from a poo poo footballing nation who does the decent thing and support your poo poo local team, but every game pasted onto your TV/PC/mobile/whatever screen is PL/La Liga/Serie A/CL/whatever your options are few. Basically 'watch teams at random' 'watch teams that have players from your national team which you are unhealthily invested in because it has a slightly higher chance than your trash club at ever being relevant' and 'be a plastic'. And nobody wants to do that last one.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Eau de MacGowan posted:

What we learned today is marcus rashford is really good at football. United will draw against some dross in early september, pogboom will start a mutiny again and itll all come tumbling down.

Weirdly happy for that welsh kid tho

Rashford is the 2nd coming of Welbeck.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Butterfly Valley posted:

Not if there’s one good one from a country of 300m people. It would be weird not to follow him.

Id bet lots of English people are gonna follow the ex rugby guy if he makes the bills’ real squad (just had a 65 yd run!)

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Plastisic

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Not if there’s one good one from a country of 300m people. It would be weird not to follow him.

Id bet lots of English people are gonna follow the ex rugby guy if he makes the bills’ real squad (just had a 65 yd run!)

Good thing Pulisic isn't good then.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Good thing Pulisic isn't good then.

We shall see

he seems like he could actually be deec and he’s only 20 ffs, shame he got mogged by Sancho and went to Chelsea of all places

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Pulisic isn’t good good, and I kind of doubt Chelsea is the right place for him to be at this stage in his career.

But by American standards, yeah he is good and you only have to look at how poo poo the national team is without him to see that. US hasn’t had a competent forward since Donovan and Dempsey got old. He’s definitely the most exciting attacking player to come through for the US in this decade, way more actually hype worthy than the previous hype men like Wood or Johanson. That’s why he’s got a following.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

EC10 posted:

Wan bissaka two bissaka three bissaka GO!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

skasion posted:

Pulisic isn’t good good, and I kind of doubt Chelsea is the right place for him to be at this stage in his career.

I think it’s perfect because they can’t sell him for a year so he’ll have to play if he’s not absolute poo poo.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Can sell him. Just not get a new replacement in... Well other than one of the countless loan army boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Butterfly Valley posted:

It seems to be a very common thing in countries that don’t have big leagues tbh.