Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

blue footed boobie posted:

It seems to be a very common thing in countries that don’t have big leagues tbh.

*supports team* “lol fukken plastic yank wanker”

*supports player* “lol what the hell? You yanks are wild”

That’s why I just support advanced stats and just watch the matches with the most predicted xGoals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

*supports team* “lol fukken plastic yank wanker”

*supports player* “lol what the hell? You yanks are wild”

That’s why I just support advanced stats and just watch the matches with the most predicted xGoals

*in seattle english accent* i root for football

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
why not just root for chelsea to explode?

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
i think that's what he meant

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

skasion posted:

Pulisic isn’t good good, and I kind of doubt Chelsea is the right place for him to be at this stage in his career.

But by American standards, yeah he is good and you only have to look at how poo poo the national team is without him to see that. US hasn’t had a competent forward since Donovan and Dempsey got old. He’s definitely the most exciting attacking player to come through for the US in this decade, way more actually hype worthy than the previous hype men like Wood or Johanson. That’s why he’s got a following.

Pulisic was a regular starter for Dortmund in both the Bundesliga and the Champions League. He’s a rare young player with pace, technical, ability, and steel. Forget that he’s an American: he was keeping established Dortmund players out of the side on merit.

He’s not a finished article but theres justifiable promise in his play and Chelsea in its current form isnt a stretch for him. I dont think hes earned the right to walk into the Chelsea starting eleven, but eventually Pedro’s legs will fail or he’ll hit a dry spell and we may see Pulisic step up and succeed.

This is a side starting Barkley lol.

Reprisal fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Aug 12, 2019

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The Pulisic following thing isn't that weird, there are plenty of people who support Cristiano Ronaldo/Messi/Neymar and even Özil rather than the teams they actually play for, some of the probably due to shared nationality.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Bacon Terrorist posted:

The Pulisic following thing isn't that weird, there are plenty of people who support Cristiano Ronaldo/Messi/Neymar and even Özil rather than the teams they actually play for, some of the probably due to shared nationality.

Yes, and they're also all weird.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Footballers are all huge cunts. Not having a local club team good/famous enough or your national side being poo poo doesn't make supporting an individual player over the teams any less weird.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Ever since signing Mahrez we have a rabid contingent of Mahrez fans who spam any Man City social media channel with angry feedback if Mahrez didn't play that week, or if he played and wasn't set up to score a hat trick. They leave angry reactions to innocuous training photos if Mahrez isn't visible in them. Don't be like them.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Algerian?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Norwich's Finnish fans on the other hand seem delightful

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
A bunch of Danish plastics appeared when Laudrup managed us. Some are even still around.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Rashford is the 2nd coming of Welbeck.

Welbeck worked hard but couldn't finish his dinner. Rashford's the opposite.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Pulisic is basically the same as Ronaldo and Messi

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

advanced statsman posted:

Actually he’s better if you go to the advanced stats

there are way more Americans to be interested in him and American soccer players are normally such trash, so his Interest Score is 69

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The wolves fan group I’m in has Belgians and Italians following the team because of Dendoncker and Cutrone.

Pulisic supporters will never be able to shake the stigma of american plastics. Just how it is.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Following teams because some player or manager you like went there is fine. Many/most reasons for choosing to support a team in this day and age are tenuous, whatever, just enjoy supporting the team. This is different to supporting a player above all else and being a mong on social media about it.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Butterfly Valley posted:

being a mong on social media about it.

Caught some redundancy here.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Butterfly Valley posted:

Following teams because some player or manager you like went there is fine. Many/most reasons for choosing to support a team in this day and age are tenuous, whatever, just enjoy supporting the team. This is different to supporting a player above all else and being a mong on social media about it.

Good post

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

advanced statsman posted:

a Pulisic or a Januzaj

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
pulisic is 20 and has been playing at dortmund for years, he's not a "januzaj". what english players around his age are even as good as him? rashford and?

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

EC10 posted:

pulisic is 20 and has been playing at dortmund for years, he's not a "januzaj". what english players around his age are even as good as him? rashford and?

lol Sancho?

people probably should stop overstating how well he did at Dortmund.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Pulisic frequently came off the bench for Dortmund, it's not as if he was crushing it 24/7 over there. He's no Weston McKennie.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

EC10 posted:

:fap:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

EC10 posted:

Gonna hit u with a “Sancho” lmao bruh

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

EC10 posted:

Theo Walcott, the Lebron of soccer.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
The American Marko Marin

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

EC10 posted:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

skasion posted:

Pulisic isn’t good good, and I kind of doubt Chelsea is the right place for him to be at this stage in his career.

But by American standards, yeah he is good and you only have to look at how poo poo the national team is without him to see that. US hasn’t had a competent forward since Donovan and Dempsey got old. He’s definitely the most exciting attacking player to come through for the US in this decade, way more actually hype worthy than the previous hype men like Wood or Johanson. That’s why he’s got a following.

Wood was never really that hyped, the latter was for a bit but faded fairly quickly.

The last two truly hyped US forwards were Jozy and Freddy Fuckin Adu, which should tell you a lot.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

blue footed boobie posted:

Theo Walcott, the Lebron of soccer.

buddy i watched enough theo walcott to know that he was never half the player pulisic already is outside of shooting maybe

i almost wrote sancho along with rashford but i havent seen much of him

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

EC10 posted:

how many times have you watched dortmund over these years?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Moktaro posted:

Wood was never really that hyped, the latter was for a bit but faded fairly quickly.

The last two truly hyped US forwards were Jozy and Freddy Fuckin Adu, which should tell you a lot.

Jozy loves scoring like a fat kid loves eating cake

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Paperhouse posted:

:hmmyes:

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Paperhouse posted:

You can hype Pulisic to the moon, there'll never be another Jozy who can Jozy do like Jozy did.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
never forget that epic turn and burn against EBLJT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Paperhouse posted:

By the time he got to England he was like the kid from Matilda