Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Still having fun, it’s a challenge but has gotten much easier as I level up and better manage my inventory and upgrades. Was glad to find out if you have a ton of blood echoes but are in bad shape and fear a boss is ahead you can warp out with the right item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Still having fun, it’s a challenge but has gotten much easier as I level up and better manage my inventory and upgrades. Was glad to find out if you have a ton of blood echoes but are in bad shape and fear a boss is ahead you can warp out with the right item.

did you finish the game? i'm going to finish the game, and Cainhurst, and the DLC. but probably not all the chalice dungeons.

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
got logarius down to one hit and died...dammit. next time

the chalice dungeons are actually excellent for breaking up the main game when you need a break

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

a.p. dent posted:

did you finish the game? i'm going to finish the game, and Cainhurst, and the DLC. but probably not all the chalice dungeons.

Yeah I got through it, fun stuff. Would be lying if I said I understood what was going on but it looked awesome.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Was absolutely cruising through the game until Logarius. I've blown hundreds of vials on the guy and am not looking forward to re-farming them. I wish that was a pc port so I could just mod out the whole "grind to recharge your estus" bit.

Still having a good time with it. I prefer the souls aesthetic but this world is really drawing me in.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Just farm up a bunch then do a cloud save before the boss fight

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Simply don't be hit by the boss.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don’t mind the blood vial system but estus is probably just better. Always respawn if ten regardless of your storage with a max carrying capacity of 20 would have worked I think. Or just having any enemies outside of the starting area drop them as frequently.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah blood vials are whack and always have been. No surprise that they used estus in every other game and never tried that system again (haven't played Eldem Ring so not sure if that has a estus but I assume so)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

(haven't played Eldem Ring

Excuse me?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Getting blood vial drops regularly while exploring so you never have to rest and go back to the dream is good

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I would simply stop being a whiny fool. Farm the blood vials or don't. Let history remember you as a weak, pathetic GBS gamer.. Or an Imp. Your choice. I know I made mine.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Just do chalice dungeons when you're low on vials and consumables

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
It seriously takes like 1 minute of killing dudes near that point of that game to get a good amount of blood vials. wtf.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

blood vials are whack but also who even fuckjn cares, it takes like 5 minutes to get like 50 of thm

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
q_q muh vials. gently caress Off

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Nutmeg posted:

q_q muh vials. gently caress Off

This

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

imagine if they were bud vials instead. weedborne anyone??

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Martman posted:

imagine if they were bud vials instead. weedborne anyone??

https://youtu.be/CiYEYl36J00

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Basically for the first 30-ish levels if you have enough echoes to level up, buy as many vials as you can instead. Alternate buying vials and leveling and you will stay ahead of the curve and almost never have to grind. Vials are much cheaper in the early game than later, their price increases at least twice after certain milestones. Also, don't get hit

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Heath posted:

Basically for the first 30-ish levels if you have enough echoes to level up, buy as many vials as you can instead. Alternate buying vials and leveling and you will stay ahead of the curve and almost never have to grind. Vials are much cheaper in the early game than later, their price increases at least twice after certain milestones. Also, don't get hit

who cares though honestly, even if you have to grind just run between odeon chapel and th middle lantern in yharnam two or three times and you'll have like 70 or 80 vials. or if you got to ludwig, just go kill that guy that drops five of them over and over

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
BUT. I. AM. RUNNING. OUT. OF. BLOOD VIALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gimme blood, gimme vials, gimme that which I desire

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

you can farm like 50 vials in 2 minutes at lvl1 by parrying the 2 big guys at the very start of the game lol, do ppl not know about this? i feel like i'm drinking crazy juice

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

you can farm like 50 vials in 2 minutes at lvl1 by parrying the 2 big guys at the very start of the game lol, do ppl not know about this? i feel like i'm drinking crazy juice

theyre drat noobs. i ran out when i was a nooblet myself and died to the cursed defiled watchdog 100 times in a row, but then you can go kill a handful of enemies and buy the max amount. diseased rear end games posters lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I just fist the pig’s assholes outside the jail. And then I play some Bloodborne :D

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Kongming posted:

I just fist the pig’s assholes outside the jail. And then I play some Bloodborne :D

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kongming posted:

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kongming posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

WAYNE CAMPBELL: I’ll just stay home and… fist the pig’s butt!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It is better when you don’t have to grind imo

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
torn between calling games posters noobs for not knowing how to easily get more blood vials and failtards for running out in the first place

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

torn between calling games posters noobs for not knowing how to easily get more blood vials and failtards for running out in the first place

this

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You can pretty much always risk healing in BB because it's so fast. This leads you to burn a more healing on every unsuccessful attempt especially if you're stuck on a nasty boss like this poster is. Chalice dungeons are much less fun than the actual game so telling someone to go play some to grind up vials is stupid. It's also not fun to go and grind up some in the starting areas for a few minutes to get a few more runs on the boss imo.

The real games posting is when someone says something mildly critical of a fromsoft game and people teleport in to say "gyahjahaha you don't know the deep wiki Strats to farm 103902 vials in 7 seconds, methinks begone Baka gaijin!!"

Anyway Logarius is easy OP, just do the get out of the way move

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

The real games posting is when someone says something mildly critical of a fromsoft game and people teleport in to say "gyahjahaha you don't know the deep wiki Strats to farm 103902 vials in 7 seconds, methinks begone Baka gaijin!!"

Oh? Are these people in the room with you right now?

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

You can pretty much always risk healing in BB because it's so fast. This leads you to burn a more healing on every unsuccessful attempt especially if you're stuck on a nasty boss like this poster is. Chalice dungeons are much less fun than the actual game so telling someone to go play some to grind up vials is stupid. It's also not fun to go and grind up some in the starting areas for a few minutes to get a few more runs on the boss imo.

Anyway Logarius is easy OP, just do the get out of the way move

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgWxvt8gCsw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFvoziKljU0

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Blood vials are fine in BB due to the unique rally system it implemented. It's a core mechanic built into the very DNA of the game. But go off king.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Rallying is great and teaches you it's usually better to stay aggressive instead of backing off to heal as soon as you're hurt but it doesn't really replace healing. I think Elden Ring and Sekiro both do it better by having estus equivalents as well as ways to top up healing in combat. Getting charges back for clearing a group or deathblow healing respectively.

I only ran out of vials once or twice but farming a good amount so that you don't run out again in the end game is dull and would just be better if it was estus. I don't think farming is a big deal but it's more time consuming than people are making out. I'd rather just think about the combat and boss I'm working on and not the economy and busy work of buying vials.