Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
got the witch and vicar amelia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

thinking about how good BB is and how I'd like to play it again someday on PC

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's hosed up beyond belief that Bloodborne and Nioh are not available on my Xbox. I might buy a PS4 pro with my tax return just for those lol.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
I got Bloodborne as Xmas gift last year. I plan to start playing this weekend.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I liked listening to podcasts and sprinting through chalice dungeons, but i don't know if i'd do it again.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i have brain aids and spent as much time farming blood gems in chalice dungeons as i did playing the game normally. but it was epic

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
The main chalices are cool to go through once to see everything, even beyond bosses stuff like the isz chalice weird phantom/light stuff was cool to see

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I was hoping ER would have chalice dungeons, but better.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

bees x1000 posted:

there's still DLC....

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Bicyclops posted:

there's still DLC....

now that I'm reaching the end, thinking about ER having more content kinda breaks my brain. Gonna need to play something different for a while.

like maybe Bloodborne.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the chalice dungeons have some of the worst fromsoft bosses ever made imo

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
emmy's gonna kick your rear end dude

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the chalice dungeons have some of the worst fromsoft bosses ever made imo

They’re mostly pushovers but defiled watchdog is like the third best boss in bloodborne! I didnt really like defiled amygdala or the final blood beast that turned into guardian ape though

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Pthumerian Descendant is a cool guy and my pal

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Pthumerian descendant, final boss of the chalices, keeper of the old lords, the fat guys, the joke bosses, they're all awesome

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

EmmyOk posted:

They’re mostly pushovers but defiled watchdog is like the third best boss in bloodborne! I didnt really like defiled amygdala or the final blood beast that turned into guardian ape though

the defiled chalice made me so mad lol but it wasnt the watchdog that gave me the most trouble it was the first boss lmao

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

bees x1000 posted:

The random crypts are basically chalice dungeons tbf.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the defiled chalice made me so mad lol but it wasnt the watchdog that gave me the most trouble it was the first boss lmao

Who's that?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I liked the final boss of the chalices well enough but they had this one AOE they only did once but I'm not sure it's possible to escape lol. It's one of those that activates after a period of time but even sprinting full tilt the second it went up I got nowhere near the border, it practically covered the arena and she was to the side even.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

Who's that?

The flame katana hunter person iirc

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

I liked the final boss of the chalices well enough but they had this one AOE they only did once but I'm not sure it's possible to escape lol. It's one of those that activates after a period of time but even sprinting full tilt the second it went up I got nowhere near the border, it practically covered the arena and she was to the side even.

It triggers after every 3rd hit on the boss and is unavoidable

I think you can back off after two hits then go back in but I've only ever beaten that boss once.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

The flame katana hunter person iirc

Oh yeah, I definitely just focussed on parries for that lad so he wasn't too bad but you literally couldn't let him get near you lol.

CyberPingu posted:

It triggers after every 3rd hit on the boss and is unavoidable

I think you can back off after two hits then go back in but I've only ever beaten that boss once.

I only ever saw it once, I guess I was doing that without realising or her teleports were protecting me lol. I was tending to use the whirligig heavy R2 over R1 flurries

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I cheesed the katana one with Simon's bow blade because I couldn't find any other way

If I got near they would just spam flame attacks and never use the sword.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I feel so drat cool with my threaded cane and executioner garb

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Started playing yesterday as my first fromsoft game to see what the hubbub is about
-tried attacking skeleton dudes until I realized they are my friends
-went into options screen to go to the kitchen came by to being killed by a farmer as options screen does not pause the game
-felt inordinately proud for killing executioner man

10/10

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Started playing yesterday as my first fromsoft game to see what the hubbub is about
-tried attacking skeleton dudes until I realized they are my friends
-went into options screen to go to the kitchen came by to being killed by a farmer as options screen does not pause the game
-felt inordinately proud for killing executioner man

10/10

drat killed the Yarnham executioner on day one? This guy's a hunter.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

None of the games pause due to accommodating for online. They also don't pause even if you play offline I suppose to make it fair otherwise offline players would have a big advantage with being able to use items or switch gear during fights very easily.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
You will learn that pausing had made you weak

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You can also just quit the game from the options menu when you want pretty much and when you reload you're exactly where you quit in exactly the same scenario RE what you have or haven't killed. It was ages into FromSoftware games before I knew this lol, I thought you'd go back to a bonfire or the last non boss fog.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you are in a boss fight it will spawn you outside the boss fog for obvious reasons

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EmmyOk posted:

You can also just quit the game from the options menu when you want pretty much and when you reload you're exactly where you quit in exactly the same scenario RE what you have or haven't killed. It was ages into FromSoftware games before I knew this lol, I thought you'd go back to a bonfire or the last non boss fog.

Yeah lol. These games have a pause it just takes like 3 button presses and a loading screen.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

The switch version of DS remastered has a soft pause where if you are playing offline and hit the power button or home button it will pause the game.,

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
Sekiro pauses when you pause because they decided multiplayer is dumb for one game before changing their mind back

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Man with Hat posted:

Sekiro pauses when you pause because they decided multiplayer is dumb for one game before changing their mind back

I can't imagine how PvP would work in Sekiro considering the game isn't really about attacking

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It would be awful in Sekiro lol. They probably should have had a separate pause to your inventory though so you can’t use whatever you want from there midfight

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Man with Hat posted:

actually it is because sekiro is a different kind of game from dark souls, bloodborne and elden ring

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

But to be clear sekiro owns

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Sekiro does own and I wish I didn't suck at it

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Sekiro is a perfect game and it is worth your time.

Read the sentence again and replace Sekiro with Bloodborne and you have read two correct sentences today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Got cleric beast in one attempt with barrage of Molotov and Father Gascoigne in five tries. I may not be as awful at this as I thought.