Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Please use the Boom Hammer if you have never done so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The Ashen Hunter set has the highest frenzy resist if I remember right

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The Clowner posted:

Bloodborne came out 5 years ago last month. What the gently caress.

Game of the year five years in a row baybeeeee

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Leadthumb posted:

What's up with visceral attacks just straight up not activating half the time. What am I doing wrong, or even different from when they do work.

They tend to fail if you're on uneven terrain, stairs especially

Without actually seeing you play it's hard to know what's wrong

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I liked DoH for that reason

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Contrary to what your intuition may tell you the threaded cane does more damage in its whip form than in its cane form, is almost exactly as fast and has obviously much better range and coverage

In short, whip it good

When you go back to the Hunter's Dream, spend your echoes on a level and use the remainder to buy Blood Vials and keep a healthy stock of them at all times. They will keep you from dying and thus will save you more echoes than you spend to get them, and if you have more you will play less risky by not being motivated to conserve them. Also the price on them rises over the course of the game so they're cheapest at the beginning

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Strongly recommend the Boom Hammer if you've never done that run

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

This was cute as a joke but actually trying to make a game of it is a fool's errand

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

a.p. dent posted:

this game kicks rear end!!

How did you fare against the first werewolf

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

a.p. dent posted:

died pretty quick the first time, then came back and spent forever killing it with my fists because i had no idea how to equip weapons

:hai:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The only knock I have against BB is that it takes some work to get the coolest weapon without accidentally going into NG+

I like the Boom Hammer and the Beasthunter Saif a lot. All the DLC weapons are a ton of fun except the bowblade which is a very stylish weapon but I never had much luck with it

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

star eater posted:

stack a poo poo ton of charge and thrust gems iirc

Will try this

Does bloodtinge affect the arrows?

Edit: Church Pick is highly underrated too

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

a.p. dent posted:

okay i started using the threaded cane and this thing is loving awesome now that i've fortified it a bit (esp. for hitting snakes from long range)

As far as I can tell there is almost no reason to use the straight modd over the extended

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

a.p. dent posted:

back in yosefka’s clinic. what the gently caress is this game.

It's Bloodborne

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

swimsuit posted:

is there any point in doing the chalice dungeons?

Chalice dungeons make you strong

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
You will learn that pausing had made you weak

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Sekiro is a perfect game and it is worth your time.

Read the sentence again and replace Sekiro with Bloodborne and you have read two correct sentences today

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Basically for the first 30-ish levels if you have enough echoes to level up, buy as many vials as you can instead. Alternate buying vials and leveling and you will stay ahead of the curve and almost never have to grind. Vials are much cheaper in the early game than later, their price increases at least twice after certain milestones. Also, don't get hit

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Drink the blood or shoot it up, I don't care. Just get it in you and on you somehow and slay beasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Vials are like weapon degradation in BotW, the game throws everything at you to compensate for it but some people will just never cop to using those resources the way the game wants them to rather than getting frustrated that it doesn't work like it does in a different game