Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ruffini posted:

Maybe you should avoid getting frenzied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

mysterious loyall X posted:

now bloodbornes age and its average fps are the same. lets savor the moment gamers

lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It’s really cheap to repair weapons with blood echoes in the hunters dream

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I parried cleric with a firebomb my first time playing the game and was insanely confused about what was happening. Or crippled it’s head with it

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

yes anyway I think Phish David Cross should be destroyed in that clip

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Pro only allows for 4K support (I think really 2K iirc) and some games have support for Pro enhancements but it doesn’t do anything for older gamers or even most newer.

5 will do the faster load times like Scary Ghos Dog said but in my experience they don’t leverage it nearly as well as actual games designed for ps5. Elden Ring loads much faster than Sekiro for example

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah it’s definitely the best choice for you if it’s basically a BB machine and not much else. Only think I can think of is any pro you picked up would likely be younger but doesn’t really sound like a concern for you

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

swimsuit posted:

im going to start bloodborne, op

I guess commitments mean nothing to you? okay

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Not really unless you want to farm stuff. They do have unique bosses but they’re basically all stuff they weren’t able to properly finish for the main game so they can be really janky or unbalanced. The dungeons themselves also aren’t interesting set ups or anything. It’s really cool they added in endless proc gen dungeons and some are cool but as a stand-alone thing they’re not that good especially compared to the super well designed main game levels.

All that said the watchdog in the defiled dungeon that pretty much one shots you with a bunch of moves is like a top three bloodborne boss for me lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the chalice dungeons have some of the worst fromsoft bosses ever made imo

They’re mostly pushovers but defiled watchdog is like the third best boss in bloodborne! I didnt really like defiled amygdala or the final blood beast that turned into guardian ape though

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the defiled chalice made me so mad lol but it wasnt the watchdog that gave me the most trouble it was the first boss lmao

Who's that?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I liked the final boss of the chalices well enough but they had this one AOE they only did once but I'm not sure it's possible to escape lol. It's one of those that activates after a period of time but even sprinting full tilt the second it went up I got nowhere near the border, it practically covered the arena and she was to the side even.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

The flame katana hunter person iirc

Oh yeah, I definitely just focussed on parries for that lad so he wasn't too bad but you literally couldn't let him get near you lol.

CyberPingu posted:

It triggers after every 3rd hit on the boss and is unavoidable

I think you can back off after two hits then go back in but I've only ever beaten that boss once.

I only ever saw it once, I guess I was doing that without realising or her teleports were protecting me lol. I was tending to use the whirligig heavy R2 over R1 flurries

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

None of the games pause due to accommodating for online. They also don't pause even if you play offline I suppose to make it fair otherwise offline players would have a big advantage with being able to use items or switch gear during fights very easily.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You can also just quit the game from the options menu when you want pretty much and when you reload you're exactly where you quit in exactly the same scenario RE what you have or haven't killed. It was ages into FromSoftware games before I knew this lol, I thought you'd go back to a bonfire or the last non boss fog.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It would be awful in Sekiro lol. They probably should have had a separate pause to your inventory though so you can’t use whatever you want from there midfight

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Just farm up a bunch then do a cloud save before the boss fight

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don’t mind the blood vial system but estus is probably just better. Always respawn if ten regardless of your storage with a max carrying capacity of 20 would have worked I think. Or just having any enemies outside of the starting area drop them as frequently.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It is better when you don’t have to grind imo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You can pretty much always risk healing in BB because it's so fast. This leads you to burn a more healing on every unsuccessful attempt especially if you're stuck on a nasty boss like this poster is. Chalice dungeons are much less fun than the actual game so telling someone to go play some to grind up vials is stupid. It's also not fun to go and grind up some in the starting areas for a few minutes to get a few more runs on the boss imo.

The real games posting is when someone says something mildly critical of a fromsoft game and people teleport in to say "gyahjahaha you don't know the deep wiki Strats to farm 103902 vials in 7 seconds, methinks begone Baka gaijin!!"

Anyway Logarius is easy OP, just do the get out of the way move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Rallying is great and teaches you it's usually better to stay aggressive instead of backing off to heal as soon as you're hurt but it doesn't really replace healing. I think Elden Ring and Sekiro both do it better by having estus equivalents as well as ways to top up healing in combat. Getting charges back for clearing a group or deathblow healing respectively.

I only ran out of vials once or twice but farming a good amount so that you don't run out again in the end game is dull and would just be better if it was estus. I don't think farming is a big deal but it's more time consuming than people are making out. I'd rather just think about the combat and boss I'm working on and not the economy and busy work of buying vials.