Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
soft spot for Tontrius here because even though it's kind of boring and doesn't give you the cool range options of the trick weapons , it's strong and satisfying to hit with and carried me through my first run . Never really used it after that except on Rom sometimes but it's got a place in my heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Wondering if the Laurence fight is “fun” in the traditional sense

I died to the first phase a billion times and then beat the second the first time I saw it, didn't even know it was coming . Felt like a pimp

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I just remembered I own this and I was so butthurt after beating father gasgoine that I didn't play it for 5 years, so now I decided to try it out again.

still right at the beginning and keep dying in old yarnham to the mobs there while I figure out the controls again.

Old Yarnham is optional and kind of hard and unless you really want the loot there early (cool-but-niche weapon and gun, and I think some early access to some higher-tier upgrade mats) it's fine to put off until later. Explore Cathedral Ward more , there's another optional area branching off from it that's easier and has a really important reward at the end. And the cane whip is cool as hell, it's what I mostly used in my first playthrough

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

u cant get to the other optional area until u beat old yharnam, unless u get the thing that costs 10k in the dream store. but, nothing in the game is really optional. and old yharnam is probably the easiest area to tackle at the time u unlock it

It's been like at least a year since I played so maybe I'm misremembering but I'm talking about Hemwick and you don't need the seal to get there, do you? There's some tough enemies there but if you're still learning the game I feel like not having the pressure of someone unloading a gatling gun on you makes it a little easier to feel out the area

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

That's right👍 Thanks I forgot there wasn't another route in. Fair enough, suck it up and run through Old Yharnam then