Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Where to HECK is Bloodborne 2, except it's just a polished version of bloodborne's engine but set in an entirely new story because they don't need to expand the story of 1 any more??? we could call it... Blooddeade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

mysterious loyall X posted:

the chalices aren't worth playing

They have some unique bosses but most of those suck poo poo so yes, you are right probably

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I played through Sekiro and went from full "This game is bad it's just QTEs" to "I am a loving god of the 1000-time folded sword" and in many ways I preferred it to Bloodborne. It only has one total shitter boss (you know the one) whereas Bloodborne had a handful. Bloodborne's still the GOAT but Sekiro gave it a real run for its money. Also drat the environments in Sekiro were lush.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Man with Hat posted:

I don't know the one. Monkeys? But yeah, I agree with what you say. I never thought the Dark Souls games would be the bad games by From then Bloodborne and Sekiro came out

Ah no I loved monkey fun, it was a weird but fun puzzle. I was talking about Demon Of Hatred who would be a perfectly acceptable Bloodborne boss but instead they jammed him in Sekiro for no gosh darn good reason

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Wasting all your money on fashion instead of leveling up is extremely top tier gameplay, you've literally already figured out Bloodborne.

Anyway you're gonna bash your head on Cleric for a while but then you'll murder it and feel great! You can do it!
Farm up some healing (you can hold 20 at once) and maybe a couple levels of Vitality and whatever skill makes your weapon hit harder (STR or SKL depending)

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Killed the cleric beast. I thought I was cool because I learned to parry before fighting him again but you can’t parry him (I couldn’t) and I got smashed. Once I went back without locking on I could smash his poo poo in. Only problem is stamina when you are rolling up in his small rear end zone.

You're doing it Woooooooo there is no game I like to see people experiencing for the first time more than this one

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I just went through this game again using a bunch of weapons I don't usually touch (Reiterpallasch, Church Pick) and god drat it's still really drat good holy moly I can't think of a better game

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

a.p. dent posted:

died pretty quick the first time, then came back and spent forever killing it with my fists because i had no idea how to equip weapons

Oh hell yeah

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

swimsuit posted:

is there any point in doing the chalice dungeons?

they will prepare you for elden ring

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Started playing yesterday as my first fromsoft game to see what the hubbub is about
-tried attacking skeleton dudes until I realized they are my friends
-went into options screen to go to the kitchen came by to being killed by a farmer as options screen does not pause the game
-felt inordinately proud for killing executioner man

10/10

drat killed the Yarnham executioner on day one? This guy's a hunter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

But to be clear sekiro owns