Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

Spite posted:

I thought Annihilation the movie was way better than the book. Not sure if that's a common sentiment. To be fair, it is quite different really.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit!
Carpenter's The Thing is by far the best version of the original short story. (Who Goes There? afaik)
Dr Strangelove was based on a generic book called Red Alert. Movie is way better.
I think The Godfather is better than the book.
I like No Country for Old Men better than the book but that's because I like quotation marks.
Cuaron's Harry Potter is really good too imo.

I think Jaws was a book first but I haven't read it. The movie would be hard to top tho.

Jaws and the Godfather books were both trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

Crimpolioni posted:

The godfather movie(s) is for sure a masterpiece but that's a little harsh?

I really hated the book but I only have read it once so maybe I should give it another go

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

Slaapaav posted:

i like the watchmen movie but the comic is an undisputed superhero comic masterpiece. the movie is nowhere close to being a masterpiece

I liked the comic but the movie intro has been one of the best intros I have ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h24D87SqaLQ

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

R. Guyovich posted:

you've gotta be kidding me lol. the most obvious music choice ever made layered over shallow "twists" on iconic american imagery and carbon copies of panels from the comic. it's the laziest poo poo imaginable.

that was the first time I heard that song plus I really like the way he did slow motion shots