Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I imagine Anya will win the opportunity to dance only to be shown that she is a complete klutz at dancing.

Supersonic Shine posted:

For a girl who's courting expulsion, Anya sure is popular.

In my experience, any student with fame or infamy will be popular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Flair posted:

In my experience, any student with fame or infamy will be popular.

Having both only makes her doubly popular. She's unstoppable!

Sillipenda
May 22, 2007
Next chapter is out

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1020005

The dance sequence and Anya's confession had me tear up a bit. Damien is the first she just genuinely tells about her case, and even if it doesn't stick it just feels like a great bit of growth for her.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Twilight will never stop second guessing himself with regrets when it comes to his mission. :allears:

That confession at the end truly was unexpected.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Very very good chapter

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Excellent chapter.

New elegant Anya face just dropped.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

MGS_Punished_Anya.png

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Sillipenda posted:

Next chapter is out

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1020005

The dance sequence and Anya's confession had me tear up a bit. Damien is the first she just genuinely tells about her case, and even if it doesn't stick it just feels like a great bit of growth for her.

Genuinely loved that whole sequence makes sense that Damien would be moved by the idea of a family being close. it's very sweet and sad

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Benjer Poopeeface Goofallo.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Happy Landfill posted:

Genuinely loved that whole sequence makes sense that Damien would be moved by the idea of a family being close. it's very sweet and sad

Yeah, it's kind of heartbreaking, to be sure, and it's got me wondering just how bad Damien's got it. I mean, sure, it doesn't sound like his dad's getting the belt out on the reg, but the poor kid's certainly starved for affection.

That said, I'm certainly seeing some incoming drama when Damien realizes that Anya wasn't joking about the mind-reading, and will be all "WAS IT ALL A LIE?! :qq:" with all the pathos an 8-year old can muster :allears:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

Benjer Poopeeface Goofallo.

Of the Westalia Goofallos?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I knew Damian wouldn't fall for the mind reading claim but drat, what a bombshell.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Supersonic Shine posted:

I knew Damian wouldn't fall for the mind reading claim but drat, what a bombshell.

The two of them are down bad for each other but only in a way 6 year olds can be

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wasn't Loid's left arm the one that got shot?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
This chapter was honestly very touching. Anya manage to win at the last question with what she knew about Damian, and given that the relationship between him and her has mostly been one-sided from Damian's affection for her, she actually felt comfortable enough to tell him about her powers.

That being said, Loid does not know that Anya knows about his mission or that he is the master of disguise. Wouldn't he think that Anya would find it weird that there are strings attached to her that are making it easier for her to hold her poses?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Flair posted:

This chapter was honestly very touching. Anya manage to win at the last question with what she knew about Damian, and given that the relationship between him and her has mostly been one-sided from Damian's affection for her, she actually felt comfortable enough to tell him about her powers.

That being said, Loid does not know that Anya knows about his mission or that he is the master of disguise. Wouldn't he think that Anya would find it weird that there are strings attached to her that are making it easier for her to hold her poses?

Loid knows Anya well enough at this point to know she'll roll with a lot of his bullshit without prompting even if he hasn't internalized it. :v

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Flair posted:

Loid says he expects that she won't notice and will think she's doing it under her own power

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

This is the good stuff. Feeling emotions right now.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I love Twilight freaking out about having failed to scout the exact number of molecules on Damian's leftmost eyelash.

"Oh no! Such a basic mistake, Twilight!"

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Electric Phantasm posted:

Wasn't Loid's left arm the one that got shot?

operating those wires is a major setback for rehab

this chapter was really great

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
There's some stiff competition, but one of the best chapters. Great stuff.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

This was a fantastic chapter.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Seriously good chapter.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
I hope Loid never figures Anya out, and she just has to tell him, and he loses his mind. And he kisses his wife.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Loid is going to be told about a mysterious project to create superbeings who can read minds and realize what he should have known all along.

Yor is a mindreader! It's the only way he can feel so comfortable and happy around her!

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Can’t imagine that a spy would be particularly happy and comfortable about mind readers, given that mind readers hard counter ~80% of their skill set and make their whole career obsolete.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Elite posted:

Can’t imagine that a spy would be particularly happy and comfortable about mind readers, given that mind readers hard counter ~80% of their skill set and make their whole career obsolete.

That is probably the purpose of the project that imbued Anya with her powers

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Such a powerful moment out of nowhere! Really love how this manga balances gags, slice of life, action, and darker themes. Glad it's popular!

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Fantastic chapter. Anya and Damian are ridiculously cute together and what a twist having Damian be the first person Anya tells about her powers. That panel was beautiful.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

given that shes a kid, i imagine anya probably can't fully connect the dots on how the desmond family situation impacts damian even with the mindreading. in that sense, it's really adorable that she responded by sharing her biggest secret

Curtana
Feb 17, 2011

Elite posted:

given that mind readers hard counter ~80% of their skill set and make their whole career obsolete.

Anya proves the opposite, though. :v

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Anya is a doofus 6(5?4?) year old who has no idea what she’s doing. And she still knows all of Loid’s secrets whilst he knows none of hers. And she can instantly answer Damian quiz questions that left the world’s greatest spy flummoxed.

World’s greatest spy loses to psychic infant.

Basically Loid needs vast elaborate plans to learn what Anya can discover in an instant.

Loid:
At the northwest corner of the compound there’s a 1.4 metre blind spot obscured by a tree. There I can bypass the electric alarm system and cut a squeeze gap trough the exterior fence. I’ll then return on Tuesday at exactly 6:47 PM. The local sausage merchant does his deliveries at that time, distracting the dogs and creating a 5minute 12 second window in the patrols to allow me to reach the main office. Evading the 17 cameras, of course. Once inside I’ll disguise myself as Gregory Smith a worker with level 3 out-of-hours access, the real Gregory Smith will be attending the birth of his 2nd son. Once I reach the 7th floor I’ll encounter the guards Phillip and Jonas. I’ll take advantage of Phillip’s undiagnosed lactose intolerance to send him to the rest room with a set of milk candies. Then I’ll pacify Jonas, switch disguises, and store the body in the janitors closet. I’ll lay in wait until 11:00 PM where we’ll conduct the nightly rounds. Then when we pass the 12th floor 3rd corridor at 11:46 I’ll pacify Phillip and head towards the chairman’s study. I’ll dodge the laser trip wires, and fool the infra red sensors by masking my body heat with frozen sausages swiped from the cafeteria. Then I’ll pick the lock to the office - avoiding the redundant alarm triggers of course, I’m not an amateur. Then I’ll need to deduce the 27 digit security code to open the safe and retrieve the microfilm. I’ll extract via the roof, using a makeshift hand glider assembled from curtain railings and spare uniforms.

Anya:
Ooooor, I could read his mind.

Elite fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Mar 19, 2024

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Some author notes confirm her actual age is 5 while her forged age is 6.

Which I mean, girl is still relatively dumb but also she's being compared to the master spy and aristocratic brats who have private tutors and every other advantage going on top of being a full year older in a period of life where the difference is huge.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Well the other problem is Loid tends to hyperfocus on the mission, if he paid a little more attention to Anya's frequent 'right place, right time' situations, he'd probably be able to connect the dots about her having some sort of innate ability to read ahead where others could not.

But that's the whole joke, right? Super-spy, who actually tends to be somewhat clueless. Super-assassin who is actually fairly inept, and Super-Esper who is just 5 so she has typical 5 year old issues plus being an orphan putting her on the back foot.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

And Bond, who is perfect.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Arianya posted:

It's a little unfair since Bond is a dog thus he is inherently perfect by default.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Arianya posted:

Agreed, no notes.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

I think Damian will eventually come to believe her on his own in time. She's done the correct guess thing a bunch around him and he seems sharp enough to start adding it up or at the very least from now on he'll notice. Mark my works Anya's gun on the table will come into play when Damian needs her to do something important down the road.

Anyway moral of the story is all the couples in this dang manga are cute and you should smooch your significant other Loid.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Kiss your hot wife, Loid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Happy Landfill posted:

Kiss your hot wife, Loid

And hug and encourage your wonderful adopted daughter, Loid.