Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Just a heads-up: Anya is going to be Ania soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

To be fair, the author did not specifically ask for Ania, I'm just changing it ahead of time so it's less disruptive when they inevitably do.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Fangz posted:

I didn't get the pillows, can someone explain?

Um, they're a Japanese thing that lets couples communicate whether they want to have sex that night without actually having to talk to each other about it (which would be embarrassing I guess). One side of the pillow says Yes, and the other side says No, so you just flip them over before you go to bed. A bed with double Yes pillows means they are going to gently caress, immediately.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

It seems that some chapters were taken down.

That's how they make money with this free service. You can read the first three chapters and the latest three, but if you want the ones in the middle you need to buy... something. I'm not sure if that something currently exists or not.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

This might be why they wanted us to change the names?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I mean, we already know his brood type: espers.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/RaafGL/status/1164489687488012288

Viz is licensing this series. Also this means I'm fired because I don't work for Viz and they're bringing in their own translators. This is the last chapter I will have worked on.

It's a fun series and I'm extremely glad I got a chance to be a part of it for the brief moment before everyone realized it would become insanely popular.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Darth TNT posted:

Thanks for the excellent translations and insights. I hope you find something else to translate soon.

They already gave us something else to work on, and since there are a bunch of back-chapters to do first, it's actually making me more money.

But it just feels sad to no longer work on Spy x Family.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Personally I got the impression that whoever she's working for at least told her that she's a good person killing bad guys, so they're probably some sort of Ostanian Nationalist organization. I don't think she's a totally amoral killer who'd just kill anyone for money.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Venuz Patrol posted:

the viz translation removed the line "papa's a tsundere", so i'm afraid it's canceled

Oh? What's it say now?

Tsundere was just a literal translation of the Japanese and frankly it's kind of questionable in terms of a general translation, but it was too funny not to keep imo.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

That is extremely fair. I was half-expecting my editor to change it, honestly.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The whole episode was a bunch of little connections between the two sides like that. Like how Franky was clearly the "pervert" who raided city hall for files on all the women. To show to Loid.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yeah, I think most people don't notice because they get distracted by Yor's reveal as an assassin between those two scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I think the funnier part is how they mockingly say "maybe that creep who stole the files will go to the party with her" and that kind of comes true if you extend it to Loid.