Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Wasn't it spy family?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Nondevor posted:

Heck, I'm sure they can turn a date night full of incidents into something romantic anyway. See: end of chapter 2.

That proposal scene is still one of the best of the series imo, but all of it is pretty great. Looking forward to how much better the inevitable real proposal will be, though :v:

Anja will bring them together.:allears:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

gnome7 posted:

I just binged through this and it is amazing. I love every character so much. Everyone having a different extremely important secret real job is a great gimmick, and Ania is going to save the world.

You did well.

This chapter instills a lot of confidence in me. I was wondering how serious this would end up being. The humor has been excellent, but I was hoping for more spy stuff and it looks like we're getting it. :)

Also lol at Loid reading chapter 1 of Ania's comic.

And I for one love the new Forger name. :allears:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I can't believe I forgot to mention the "sharp" sound effect on Ania. :(

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

Um, they're a Japanese thing that lets couples communicate whether they want to have sex that night without actually having to talk to each other about it (which would be embarrassing I guess). One side of the pillow says Yes, and the other side says No, so you just flip them over before you go to bed. A bed with double Yes pillows means they are going to gently caress, immediately.

That's awesome.

I though it was funny because I just figured it was to further emphasize that they were definitely, really, totally married for real, yes. They're so married in fact that both pillows even say yes.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

David D. Davidson posted:

Yeah but I still want to know what the hook is with this completely and boringly ordinary family.

You don't recognize their inherent elegance!?!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

This might be why they wanted us to change the names?

Funny, I would've pegged Twilight as a Protoss player.

Also, Pantsu means pants right? I'm asking because it seems so weird to name his pants in the same breath as his eye and haircolor.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mulderman posted:

Spy X Family has won the Tsugimanga Web Manga Award.

68,250 votes. The runner op got 41,819

Hurrah! :toot: But what are the Tsugimanga Web Manga Awards exactly?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Ania will save them.

Yor is a perfect lying machine

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

Are the pages out of order for anyone else using Manga plus on their phones? It's been lIke this for a while for me.

The site is terrible on my phone (iPhone 6s). Sometimes it will start repeating pages or messing up the orders for me. Occasionally it will also stop scrolling. :shrug: I usually fix it by reloading the page.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

https://twitter.com/RaafGL/status/1164489687488012288

Viz is licensing this series. Also this means I'm fired because I don't work for Viz and they're bringing in their own translators. This is the last chapter I will have worked on.

It's a fun series and I'm extremely glad I got a chance to be a part of it for the brief moment before everyone realized it would become insanely popular.

Thanks for the excellent translations and insights. I hope you find something else to translate soon.

Does that mean it's going to disappear from the Manga plus site?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

They already gave us something else to work on, and since there are a bunch of back-chapters to do first, it's actually making me more money.

But it just feels sad to no longer work on Spy x Family.

Okay, that's good. :)

Mulderman posted:

No but it will probably follow suit and only have the first and last few chapters available. Thanks for the excellent work Clarste.

Isn't that the whole deal of MAngaplus? Only the first like5 and the last 5?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I thought the chapter was good fun. :)
It was a bit shallower than usual because it doesn't overtly work towards the end goal but instead just introduces a roadblock and some hi jinks around that.

However, it does feature quite a lot of more subtle character development. The biggest is at end for Loid who realizes that the line, which seemed like a lie about no longer being alone, actually probably came from much deeper than he would've wanted to admit.
And it furthers the relationship between Yor and Twilight.

I love that Twilight was able to dodge Yors attack again.

Regarding Yors employment, If Yor doesn't secretly work for Yuri via proxy I'll be very surprised. She's a probablyonly a contractor though.

I'm probably reading to much into this, but I'm thinking Yuri and Ania won't be seeing each other for a quite a while because it feels like him having some involvement in how she got her powers seems like such a logical step. :shrug:

Happy to see Ania even if it was only for a flash.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Omnicrom posted:

I actually don't think so, and question whether Yuri knows what Yor does. Yuri explicitly states he's hiding his SSS work from Yor, but I think Yor probably never told her brother what her high-paying job actually is. Consider the flashback of Yor coming home covered in blood: Yuri's narration of that time is that she "worked herself bloody", which implies he thought that was her blood (reminder: it wasn't). Moreover from a baseline character perspective Yuri is super protective of Yor, so I doubt he'd want her doing dangerous things like murder for hire.

Ultimately I think it's very likely Yor does contract work for the SSS and Yuri maybe knows his agency has a gaggle of deniable hitmen available on short notice, but I doubt Yuri as of yet knows that Yor is "Thorn Princess".

Yeah that's what I meant by proxy. I wasn't very clear.

Though now that I think about it, it's also possible that he does in fact talk straight to Yor without knowing it. She has a codename and he has a codename. But she might recognize his voice and vice-versa.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

Did they go back to Anya in the latest chapter?

She has like 3 panels, but owns all 3 of them. (partially because the only competition is the bed she's laying in)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Lt. Lizard posted:

Anya reacting in the background to thoughts and inner monologues of other characters is one of my favorite running gags. :allears:

Especially when it seems like she's going to respond to it, but instead gives just a regular kid remark.

I worry about her well being though. Her being worried About Loid and Yor is pretty sad :(

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Super Jay Mann posted:

EDIT - Or I guess if you meant Yor, I don't see how she could pick that up from the false questioning even if she weren't a dummy.

I love that little sequence. It's a kid filling in the blanks using her limited experience. :allears:

I really look forward to seeing Loid's new study methods.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Venuz Patrol posted:

the viz translation removed the line "papa's a tsundere", so i'm afraid it's canceled

:negative: The world was doing so great!

Omnicrom posted:

But then Frankie must come clean in the face of pressing danger and the Family unite to defeat their true enemy: Southernia.

No, but seriously this manga is eventually going to have the family combining their powers to save the day/world and it's going to be glorious.

Seriously, I can't wait for the inevitable team up of Yor and Twilight to kick rear end to protect Ania. :allears:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mulderman posted:

New line is: Pa's a softy.

To be fair, its meaning is clearer to me than Tsundere. :shrug:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
You guys can't even recognize elegance cones. Smh

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

narm00 posted:

Sidenote: Viz announced they'd be releasing the physical volumes starting Summer 2020.

Also, the main story's on pause for another extra chapter come Oct 20th.

What does this mean exactly? Does that mean we won't get a chapter in 2 weeks or will we get some kind of side chapter?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
The faces were strong in this one.

It sometimes feels a little sad to see Ania so worried about her family. :ohdear:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Fangz posted:

I really suspect Anya - or whatever program she emerged from - is in fact the secret weapon that Desmond is working on.

As do I. It seems like such a convenient way to tie everything together for a big climax or big jokes.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Took me forever to parse oryentayshun :D

This chapter was awesome

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

David D. Davidson posted:

I'd also say having to raise her younger brother from a young age, Yor's also a much better parent overall compared to Loid. She's far more intuitive to Anya's. Loid on the other has gotten better but it's clear that he's still putting the mission first.

That's also a function in how they came into the situation. Loid started from the point of view that Ania is a part of the mission, whereas Yor came in under the impression that Loid and Ania are already a family and that all she has to do to keep up her cover is be a mom.
It does help that she's really warming up to it though.

Why doesn't Loid just put Ania in a boxing ring, seems like mom gave her a bunch of solid pointers.

It's really great how this Manga doesn't gloss over Ania inherent fears of her abilities.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
New chapter!

Yor is confusing Cats for Dogs.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

newershadow posted:

New Chapter

The dog search is underway!

Keith had better hope Ania escapes before Yor finds them.

That doggo is interesting though

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
The panel with Yor teleporting in. :allears:
Run bad guys, Run! Even the Shepherd fears the way Yor came in.

Starlight Anya's knight in shining dress is here.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Supersonic Shine posted:

You think this is scary now, wait until the reinforcements come with weapons. They won't just be hoisted, they're gonna get yanked into the air and sent over the skyline by their own petards.

We can only hope reinforcements show up. :allears:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Suddenly the stakes went down again :ohdear:

This 2 week wait is going to take forever.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I loving love the reality ensues moments Starlight Ania has.

I'll fix the bomb....oh I can't
The bomb will explode when the clock hits....err I can't read clocks.
And more darkly the way her fears of both abandonment due to her powers and losing Loid in general work on her.

I just feel sorry for Ania :smith:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Holy poo poo Yor!

And yeah second ING that this chapter was fantastic.

The handling of Handlers back story is awesome. They've slowly given het depth without disrupting the main story.
Good dog at the end having flash backs broke my heart though. Take good care of him Forger family.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Nondevor posted:

I’ll do that next chapter once Good Boy gets his official name

Can’t decide on what panel to use for him though, there’s a lot of good ones :ohdear:
:cry::nws:https://i.imgur.com/cdQ0K2Z_d.jpg:nws::cry:

e:Nope!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Feb 24, 2020

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I only know spy family and kinmetsu.

Good to see this wholesome family get more attention

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Did Bond just Vulcan neck pinch a different dog?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Anya really turned on the charms this chapter. She was fantastic. Look at that happy proud face. :)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

That entire sequence had me in tears.
Oh wow, my childhood memories are flashing by! And now mom is beckoning me into the light.
Just thqt would've made it great, but the ending tying it together.
tears of happiness, and a slightly different artstyle to put emphasis on it.

This poo poo is f fantastic.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I love how the writer writes Anya like a child. It's so easy to overlook it, but she's a kid in all ways.Both smart and dumb at the same time.
Also Yor never fails an assassination.

But, am I the only one slightly annoyed at another side chapter? I would like to see the main story start moving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Venuz Patrol posted:

most manga artists literally kill themselves churning out weekly content so i'm very happy with my new favorite taking their time with it

I'm perfectly happy that it's high quality bi weekly. :)

I'm also happy with the quality of the ex chapters which have all been fantastic.
I'm just very curious about the rest of the story and the adventures of starlight Anya