Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Strong season from a directorial standpoint - they did a lot of weird, creative things like the camping episode and the gimmick switching/christmas carol stuff and that was fun to see. Agreed with the sentiment that they are better off not focusing on a struggling show, and it was nice to see how they just kind of got along with all the other Vegas performers instead of being treated as outsiders.

That said, there were definitely structural issues - the drag performer/gay bar storyline was fun, but felt like it was from a different show and it didn't quite work trying to stuff other plots like Tex into it, IMO. Also, barely any wrestling outside of two, three episodes or thereabouts? I think it's only going to be a growing problem that a lot of the character storylines are starting to diverge, yet the show kind of needs them all to be together, otherwise it just feels off - like the whole Sam/Justine directing plot just took me out of the Vegas stuff entirely when it popped up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Re: Sheila

I initially thought she was supposed to be a stand-in for otherkin or furries or something and early on the show leaned heavily towards everyone around her choosing to accept that this is who she is as a person, but then... she just kind of gets over it? I'm getting somewhat mixed messages from this whole subplot.