Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Omnicrom posted:

I guarantee you that a bunch of Rabbis have argued this point up, down, and around at least once, so there'd probably be a consensus on it prior to the colony ship taking off.

Okay, I lie, there's probably N different positions where N is the number of Rabbis who debated it plus or minus a half dozen.

Tubers are a funny example given that, well, potatoes weren't around in the middle-east during biblical times, what with being from the Americas. So there is some precedent there though of course
there is gonna be far bigger differences in different planets.

What seems like a real pain is the calendar, at least for stuff that's not kinda seasonal. Do we even have a moon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Supremacy - Harmony

The first because I like the "return to earth and revive it" angle for our background, and second because not causing an ecological mess here sounds like good prep for sorting earth out.