Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Anybody else delving into shovelware Christmas movies for the season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Tubitv.com has a strong showing, and it's free. Highlights from my watching so far have included Christmas Trade (2015, a father/son body-swap with William Baldwin as the dad), Christmas Tail (2014 romcom with dog drama), and Monster & Me/Santa & Me, which is about a mean girl getting turned into a monster by Santa, to teach her a lesson. Becoming a monster entails having a unibrow, four facial boils, messy hair, and blackened teeth.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
The sequels are kind of amazing for how loose they get with the plots.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Special shout-out to Santa's Boot Camp (2016), a film in which Santa's elves go on strike to protest poor working conditions, Santa kidnaps a handful of children from Atlanta to serve as forced labor, a decorated military officer elf is used as enforcement when the kids engage in peaceful non-compliance, and surveillance culture and magical discipline are used to break the children's spirits until they voluntarily aid in the kidnapping of their own friends to serve as further forced labor. It's also repeatedly noted that Santa's elves didn't have vision and dental coverage in their insurance until last year's protest.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I still can't forgive Tekken 2 for squandering the surprisingly decent quality* of the first Tekken film.

*by videogame adaptation standards

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Just finished watching Deadly Attraction on Tubi, and woof, that was terrible. I started it this morning, broke off after twenty minutes or so, and finished it after work.

Garbage-rear end Lifetime-wannabe exploitation film about a guy who's a real rear end in a top hat. Antagonizes his family, gets in 'winner moves out' fistfights with his dad, does deals with a dwarf loan shark, has the hots for his mom (and sets her up to get raped when she's like 'What the gently caress is wrong with you?'), and hangs around a nearly undecorated apartment set trading stories with his dipshit friends. The movie also uses date rape for jokes. And after all this edge-attempting bullshit, it pulls a Jesus redemption for the main rear end in a top hat. And then the final scene is his mom accidentally shooting the infant son of the Christian woman he's linked up with, and the kid blankly looking around as people do terrible acting jobs around his fake-blood-spattered body. It's been a long time since I saw a bad movie in which I couldn't pick out any redeeming features, but aside from some decent camera-work, I've got nothing for this one.

e: Oh, and the opening credits are in Papyrus font.

Darthemed has a new favorite as of 05:56 on Aug 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Yeah, the shades Arnold wore in the first Terminator were Gargoyles.