Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Looking at you with that subtitle, YIEA.

This is a thread for posting about bad or bizarre or just plain stupid movies you've seen and want to express yourself about. It's an offshoot of the Irrationally Irritating Movie Moments thread as the posters there have begun to bond over such classics as Sharkansas Women's Prison Massace and Christian Mingle: the Movie and we need to stop making GBS threads up that other thread if we're to be quite frank about it.

Anyway, we're off!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Romantic comedies such as Christian Mingle are more hit or miss. Just watch one and if you like it keep going down the "because you watched" rabbit hole and you will have a valuable life experience, and may just end up learning something about yourself on the way.

Speaking of romantic comedies, I found a dire one on Amazon Prime named An Hour Behind. If you're worried it is called this because of some stupid bullshit about Daylight Savings Time, congratulations! You've foreseen the level of banal predictability you're about to endure!

It was notable to me simply due to its amazing ability to hit every twee romcom staple on the head. Female lead that runs a small gourmet cupcake bakery? Check. Does this mean you get lots of close-up cupcake baking montages set to a heartfelt girl rock? Of course! Male lead who has a manly but sensitive profession (paramedic)? Definitely. Does this mean he has a pair of rambunctious friends, one who is his moral voice and the other who's a total pig? Hell yes! Looking for dramatic, stupid, and easily preventable squabbles and miscommunications? Buddy, you're in the right place.

The movie is named Daylight Savings Time because the female lead, Trish, is an hour late to a blind date due to a convenient alarm clock short-out -- and since her real date has already left, she meets the paramedic Parker accidentally instead. She thinks he's the guy she's supposed to be meeting, and Parker twigs really early there's a case of mistaken identity but decides to deliberately continue misleading her. They go on some dates and poo poo. Twenty or so minutes into the movie Trish realizes he's faking his identity and naturally she's pissed; but here is where we find out Parker, and by extension the scriptwriters, thinks the fact that she sat down at his table, thinking he was somebody else, means she has the exact same amount of culpability for this situation as the actively lying to her face "why yes I am definitely this person Adam by whose name you keep calling me" Parker. The fight revolving around this is presented like it's meant to be a classic "but they're both in the wrong, can't they just look past their pride?!" situation but, uh, movie, it's not. It's really not.

The writing deteriorates further from here.

As a final note Trish's breakfast of choice, which she orders at a nice cafe in front of real actual other human beings, is a berry crepe that she would like made "with some ham inside." Read that and tell me she's not a monster.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

mojo1701a posted:

I downloaded this gem: Christmas with a Capital C, starring Married... with Children's Ted McGinley as a small-town Alaskan mayor who goes up against his old high school rival, played by Daniel Baldwin. He's the cold-hearted big-city atheist lawyer who's come in to be a Grinch and knock down all of the town's Christmas decorations, and replace them with... "Happy Holidays".

Anything from PureFlix is my loving jam. If you like that I encourage you to watch God's Not Dead asap and report back

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I think I had this album

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'm bad with actor names but I Googled him and oh yeah! He's the guy where for the first like fifteen minutes of his screen time I couldn't tell if the actress he was with was his lover or his daughter!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Thundercracker posted:

My personal contribution is Armageddon Code 2: Megiddo. It's the biggest budget modern Christian action movie I've ever seen. And soooo schlocky. Like the Christian president cocking a pistol while reciting "The Lord giveths *kok* The Lord taketh"

Oh my god yes. Going on the list.

So far the only Christian movie I've seen that I just could not finish was God's Not Dead 3 (three!!!!). It is just toooo much.

I will be watching Unplanned before too long though so I suspect that will be Christian-movie-Bird-can't-finish #2.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The first 15 minutes or so of God's not Dead 3 held my interest, i was wondering why the bird thought it was so bad, but after the guy died from the fire I am starting to get it. It started dragging HARD after that.

I mean they brought in a little backhoe thing to demolish a church? Just one, maybe two? I'm pretty sure you need heavier equipment than that to demolish a condemned building.

also this guy has the ugliest color of green paint in his house and it's bugging me. who even sells vomit green paint

It drove me crazy because it was just SO drat self congratulatory, like it REALLY ratcheted it up from the prior two. The levels of white Christian persecution complex were actually painful and the only black character in the series getting fridged like ten minutes in was just too much

Well actually if the Newsboys show up again I guess they still have a black character sort of! :downs:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

yeah the smug is definitely off the charts. There is a scene with a black preacher in the last half hour that puts him in his place and points out that he's had to deal with a lot more poo poo than this guy did, but it was dismissed with basically like "i acknowledge your point but the rest of my sentence will be all about me, indicating that I clearly don't acknowledge your point".

There are so many scenes where the clear intent is showing this reverend as some kind of martyr when actually he's just an annoying guy who doesn't want to lose his cash cow. Toward the end he's running emotionally through the streets and wow, he gets winded right in front of the burnt church just when he is so desperate for answers, and wow, he gets them in some cheesy scene where he's basically floating in space.

that's where I am right now, there's still 17 minutes left but I know what's coming - cheesy forgiveness scenes, the church reopens, the protestors repent and accept christ as their savior.

e: yeah he forgives the guy who kills the black dude and alters his testimony to make sure he gets a lenient sentence. He rolls up in his prius to the church to religious (white) protestors on one side with god's not dead sign and "the church must go" (black) protestors on the other. He then surrenders the church and drops charges against the murderer, causing the black counter-protestors to stop and think maybe he's not so bad after all

Okay but are the Newsboys in it????!

e: also that ending, god drat I'm glad I didn't try to finish it lmfao

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 00:15 on Aug 18, 2019

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Wow a God's Not Dead movie without our favorite Christian rock group shoehorned in is barely a movie at all.

The second was pretty forgettable but definitely watch the first one. I have watched it with multiple friends. They all hate it. :buddy:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Riatsala posted:

Bad animated movies are 100% my poo poo

To that end, I'm currently watching Food Fight and it is excruciating

I'm the proud owner of a DVD edition of Titanic: the Animated Movie, upon which is featured this excellent musical number:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxHNztg0X3s

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

oh my god they have a subscription service???

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

As far as I knew they were just a regular rear end (but Christian) movie studio :lol: I just used torrents paid my legal adult money via commercial venues

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

So I set up pureflix on my TV (it's kind of weird how they call all their movies "assets" instead of "movies") finally and chose to watch "Revelation Road: The Beginning of the End" first, to keep the tone light in the morning.

I feel like it's supposed to be kind of like Mad Max, except during the rapture and it's also terrible? There's a bunch of (apparently redneck) bikers and the leader, "Hawg", likes to bash brave christians on the head with a comically oversized hammer. Now the husband refuses to pray with his wife on the phone, which apparently is triggering armageddon.

This is great. There's apparently 4 of these things.

:bisonyes:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

can we take a moment to admire this guy's hat (only picture I could find of it no idea who the dude on the left is):

is wearing your hat like that actually a thing or is it only in post-apocalyptic anti-christian outlaw biker gangs?

SOUL COLLECTOR

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

rydiafan posted:

https://film.avclub.com/how-can-you-not-check-out-a-movie-called-the-velocipast-1837383938

I feel like everyone in this thread needs to watch this movie immediately. For the love of God, just look at the final fight scene that's embedded in the article.

my god

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

RT says it only came out two weeks ago. That's how!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Behind Maslow posted:

Evil Toons (1992)

Trailer: https://youtu.be/J7othu6spYY

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0099524/

A group of hot girls are hired to clean out a house. They find a book that looks like the necronomicon. They read from the book which releases a cartoon demon. Said demon sexually assaults one of the girls, morphs into her, starts to kill the others who often get naked. Oh, David Caradine is there too.

I don't know why the "this dude is RUDE!" tagline is cracking me up every time I look at it but it is.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Just like Jesus on the cross, you suffer so we don't have to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The dialogue in Fantasy Island is powerfully bad. I mean it's all powerfully bad but yowza!