Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cda

by Hand Knit
Animal Farm is a novel written by George Orwell in 1945. The book is about what Orwell thought a farm would look like, if it was run by animals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Les Misérables is a novel by Victor Hugo. It was published in 1862. The story is about a former convict named Jean Valjean. He tries to find a meaningful life, but is followed by a police officer. The story has been made into movies several times. It has also been made into a musical. He is trying to run away after being convicted by the police since he stole bread to feed his sister's children.

The work describes French society between the reign of Napoleon and that of Louis Philippe I. One of the main characters, Marius, takes part in the June Rebellion.

Hugo based some of his characters on the lives of real people. That way, Valjean is probably based upon Eugène François Vidocq. He probably used the story of Bienvenu de Miollis to base the Bishop of Digne on. De Mollis was the bishop of Digne from 1805 to 1838. Enjolras, a revolutionary leader is probably based on Louise Michel, a French anarchist.

cda

by Hand Knit
Les Miserables is a novel by Victor Hugo. "Les Miserables" is French for "The Miserables."

nut

A troll is someone who tries to make people mad by saying things on the Internet.[1]

Escape From Noise

Cats are a pet. They are the opposite of dogs.

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
Finnegans Wake is the last book written by the Irish writer James Joyce. It was published in 1939.

He started to work on this book in 1924 and published parts of it under the titles "A New Unnamed Work" and "Work in Progress". He did not complete until seventeen years later, in 1939. During this time he faced many hardships, such as having no money, eye problems and family problems.

Finnegans Wake is a very hard book to read, even for people who read a lot of literature,[1] because Joyce uses several languages and creates new words that come from combinations of old and new English and other languages as well.

It can be understood as the story of Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker and his family. But it is an experiment more than a story.

Lmao.

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

nut

The chest is the front part of the torso. It is between the neck and abdomen.

nut

magic cactus posted:

Finnegans Wake is a very hard book to read, even for people who read a lot of literature,[1], like my friend Thom who has maybe 20 to maybe 40 books on the shelf at any one go and only had to watch all the episodes of Lost once before recounting the entire plotline with at least tepid success and he told me the matrix is based on pre-exiting philosophy created by, amongst others, popular philosophers like pluto from mickey mouse but old and real person.

Escape From Noise

Butter is a dairy food. It is made by moving the cream from whole milk for a long time. The fat in the milk separates from the liquid. The fat is a butter Butter is often eaten on bread, as a main ingredient in biscuits, as a shortening agent in some baking and cookingrecipes, and for frying foods.

Most of the time, butter is made from cows' milk, butter can also be made from the milk of other mammals, like sheep, goats, buffalo, and yaks. Salt, flavorings and preservativesare sometimes added to butter.

Many people use butter in their foods instead of oil.

Escape From Noise

The Melvins are an American rock band. They are from the city of Aberdeen, Washington. The only members who have been in the band for a long time are Buzz "King Buzzo" Osbornewho plays guitar and Dale Crover who plays drums. Coady Willis who plays drums (in addition to Dale) and Jared Warren who plays bass guitar are also currently in the band. A variety of terms have been used to describe their style of music, including 'sludge metal', 'grunge', and 'stoner rock'.

Buzz Osborne started Melvins in early 1983

Manifisto

house of leaves is a book in which the word "house" is always written in blue ink. a house is a building where people live. leaves are found on plants such as trees. blue is a color that some people think is sad.

ty nesamdoom!

google THIS

It must have been tedious, transcribing some of these from crayon.

google THIS

Quantum mechanics (QM) is the part of physics that tells how the things that make up atoms work. QM also tells how electromagnetic waves (like light) work. It is also called "quantum physics" or "quantum theory".

QM is a mathematical framework (rules written in maths) for much of modern physics and chemistry. Quantum mechanics helps make sense of the smallest things in nature like protons, neutrons and electrons. Complex mathematics is used to study subatomic particles and electromagnetic waves because they act in very strange ways. Quantum mechanics is important to physics and chemistry.

Quantum is a Latin word that means 'how much'. So a quantum of energy is a specific amount of energy. Light sources such as candles or lasers shoot out (or "emit") light in bits called photons. Photons are like packets. Each photon has a certain little bit of energy.

nut

The buttocks are two parts of the body. They are on the back of the pelvic area and give padding when people sit. They can also arouse human sexuality.

Slang words for the buttocks include "booty", "butt" and "rear end".

Escape From Noise

I'm imagining a child saying this in a cold stare.

Flesh is the soft part of the body between the skin and the bones. It is sometimes compared to bones, in the saying flesh and bone. If it is to be eaten, it is normally called meat instead.

Heather Papps

hello friend

In the books, there are the Bene Gesserit sisterhood, a religious group with only women as its members. This is because men do not have the right kind of mind to learn their ways correctly. They have much more control over their minds and bodies than normal people. Their goal is to protect the human race forever. They have a secret goal, which they want to achieve by their breeding program. It is to make a man that can be a Bene Gesserit. They call him the Kwisatz Haderach. They want to use the Kwisatz Haderach to control people more easily. Paui's mother, Lady Jessica, is a member of the sisterhood and trains her son to use mental and physical powers.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Escape From Noise

The Shining is a 1980 American-British horrordrama movie. It is set during winter in a hotel in rural Colorado. It was directed by Stanley Kubrick. It is based on Stephen King's book of the same name. It stars Jack Nicholson, Shelley Duvall, Danny Lloyd, and Scatman Crothers. It was released on May 23, 1980. Reviews improved greatly over the years.

The entry for A Clockwork Orange is actually not bad. Weird.

Heather Papps

hello friend

so listen, go to futanari on wikipedia, then look at talk history, and edit/revision history.

play a fun game of guess which user was me. also, wiki is interesting but bad in that people who edit and write the articles generally have a vest on and in that vest is their interest in the subjects written down on cards, that are in the vest.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

bee eater posted:

The chest is the front part of the torso. It is between the neck and abdomen.

what an unfortunate looking young fellow/lady

nut

one nip lookin at cha one nip lookin fer ya

Heather Papps

hello friend

Etymologies
The company's first outlets were named "Tote'm Stores" because customers "toted" (carried) away their purchases. Some stores featured real Alaskan totem poles in front of the store. In 1946, all of their names were changed from Tote'm to 7-Eleven to reflect the company's new, extended hours, 7:00 am to 11:00 pm, seven days per week.[3] In November 1999, the corporate name of the company was changed from The Southland Corporation to 7-Eleven Inc.[4][5]

Heather Papps

hello friend

is there such thing as a well that never runs dry?

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps posted:

is there such thing as a well that never runs dry?

Escape From Noise

Tupac Amaru Shakur (June 16, 1971 - September 13, 1996) was an American hip-hop artist, who sold many records. Shakur has sold over 75 million albums worldwide as of 2010.[1] Shakur began his career as a roadie, backup dancer, and MC for the alternative hip hop group Digital Underground, eventually branching off as a solo artist.

Addamere

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
People describe the person that they first loved romantically as their "first love." For example, in William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, Romeo is Juliet's very first love. At that time, she was only 13. In Maria Edgeworth's book Belinda, Mr. Vincent says, "First loves are silly things."

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Addamere

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I'm imagining a child saying this in a cold stare.

Flesh is the soft part of the body between the skin and the bones. It is sometimes compared to bones, in the saying flesh and bone. If it is to be eaten, it is normally called meat instead.

Meat is an important part of the diet of many people because it contains protein. Protein helps the growth and healing of a body and gives energy. Meat is a "high-protein" food, but costs more than other foods like bread and vegetables. People who cannot afford meat, or who do not like to eat it need to find other ways to get enough protein in their diet. Beans and certain nuts are also high in protein. People that choose not to eat meat are called vegetarians, and those who do not eat any animal product are known as vegans.

Animals such as members of the cat family that mainly eat animals are called carnivores.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Escape From Noise

Anna Karenina (Russian: Анна Каренина), also Anglicised as Anna Karenin, is a novel by the Russian writer Leo Tolstoy.

Tolstoy considered this book his first true novel.

Maybe this information would be useful to beer pal?

nut

Flatulence is when intestinal gas leaves the anus. This often happens with a sound that can be embarrassing to some people, but in some cultures it is treated like humor.[1] The word flatuence comes from the Latin word flatus, which means blowing or breath, but people today usually call it farting.[2]

nut

the earth is flatus

FutonForensic

My neck, my back,
my pussy and my crack are parts of my body. The best thing to do to them is to lick them, but only if one puts their neck into it.

Escape From Noise

FutonForensic posted:

My neck, my back,
my pussy and my crack are parts of my body. The best thing to do to them is to lick them, but only if one puts their neck into it.

Only optimized if u r a thug.

Escape From Noise

American Gothic is a painting made by Grant Wood. It was painted in the early 20th century. The painting is a father and daughter (not his wife as many people think) standing beside each other with the father holding a pitchfork in his hand standing in front of a house. The painting was painted on a beaverboard with oil and is currently on display in the Art Institute of Chicago.

Addamere

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Only optimized if u r a thug.

Far too many any% speed runs out there

Heather Papps

hello friend

Addamere posted:

Far too many any% speed runs out there

A speedrun is a play-through, or a recording of this play-through of a whole video game or a part of it. The player tries to complete this game as fast as possible. This is done for entertainment and competition. The term is a compound of the words speed and run (run means playing the game here). It is usually used for games which do not have quickly finishing them as one of the main goals. For example, gamers do not "speedrun" a racing game. In those cases the game's standard setting for recording fast times is called a time attack or time trial mode. Speedruns are usually recorded on video tapes (mainly where consoles are concerned), or as a digital file, by the people ("players") who make them. It is recorded for entertainment. It can also be used by others to verify that the players actually completed the game in the time they said that they did. Speedruns were created for entertainment. People who began comparing each others' playing skills through videos exchanged over the Internet started speedruns. People want verifiability to see whether a person followed the rules and thus see whether the run counts as a valid attempt to beat the record.[1]

Speedrunning began as a small project. It was started few people who shared their runs online. However, it has become a phenomenon which is discussed in several active websites. There are many speedrun videos distributed for free on the Internet.[2][3]

The runs are split into categories such as: any% NMS (which means that the runner must beat the game as fast as possible without any major skip glitches), 100% (which means that the runner must complete the whole game as fast as possible to get a 100% ending) and any% (which means that the player uses large-skip glitches that can be frame perfect). Before the speedrun is uploaded onto Speed Demo's Archive, the forum members have to verify the run to make sure that the runner was not cheating or using any game hacks.

Addamere

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm cheating on ur mom with game hacks

Heather Papps

hello friend

Addamere posted:

I'm cheating on ur mom with game hacks

Cheating happens when someone breaks rules or lies.

The first cheat in video games was thought to be the "Konami Code", a code Konami used to test a game that was too hard for them to do alone.[2] See cheat code for more on cheating in video games.

When someone is in a relationship with another person and they kiss, date or have sex with someone else, they are cheating on the person they are in a relationship with - unless they are in an open relationship.[1]

Escape From Noise

A maternal insult (also referred to as a "yo mama" joke) is a reference to a person's mother. This is through the use of phrasessuch as "your mother" or other variations, often used to insult the target by way of their mother.[1] "Your mother" can be combined with most types of insults, although suggestions of promiscuity are common.[2]One of the purposes of these insults is to incite violence.[3] Slang variants such as "yo mama", "yo momma", "yer ma", "ya mum", "your mum" or "your mom" are sometimes used, depending on the local dialect.

google THIS

Ownership means total possession or control of property, which may be an object, land or real estate, intellectual property or some other kind of property.

Ownership is needed for the development of the capitalist socio-economic system. The concept of ownership has existed for thousands of years and in all cultures.

Ownership can divided which has no legal value until money is added into the situation. Then the profits or given money will be divided according to the ownership accounts.
   /
:byodood:

Heather Papps

hello friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

google THIS

Today I lost my innocence, on simple english wikipedia