Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

google THIS

An emoticon ( /ɪˈmoʊtɪkɒn/) is a written symbol, often as 2 or 3 punctuation characters, that stands for the writer's mood or facial expression. Some examples are: a smile ":-)" or wink ";-)" or frown ":(" or dog nose ":O" or le meme arrow ">" (see many other examples in text below).

I am so surprised that my nose has become like a dog's :O

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

google THIS posted:

Like many Simple English Wikipedia authors this guy is forever stuck in "desperately trying to hit the minimum word count" mode.

This is pretty much a summary of my life tbh.

Pastry of the Year

Michael Jackson died just two months before his 51st birthday. Rumors and news of Jackson's death broke web records causing a cyberspace traffic jam. The circumstances of his death and the outpouring of grief which was experienced around the world were on record scales never seen before. His death gave Google, Twitter, Facebook, and Yahoo the most page views they had ever encounted. Jackson arrived at the hospital not showing any signs of life.

Escape From Noise

Pastry of the Year posted:

cyberspace traffic jam

Pro user name

hot cocoa on the couch

Soggy biscuit (also called limp biscuit, crispy cookie, ookie cookie, or jizzcuit) is a masturbation game played mostly by teenage groups in which the participants stand around a biscuit masturbating until ejaculating onto it; the last person to do so must eat the biscuit.[1][2] The term is thought to have originated in Australia sometime in the 1960s.[1]

https://i.imgur.com/W7qTiB3.mp4

a LEGENDARY sig by the LEGENDARY LAP

Heather Papps

hello friend

Musk was born to a Canadian mother and a South African-born British father in Pretoria, South Africa.[7] His parents divorced in 1980 and he mainly lived with his father in many different places in South Africa.[8] He went to Waterkloof House Preparatory School and graduated from Pretoria Boys High School. He then moved to Canada in 1988 when he was 17, after he obtained Canadian citizenship through his mother. He got it before his South African military service was to begin. He felt that it would be easier to immigrate to the United States from Canada than from South Africa.

He spent two years at the Queen's School of Business in Kingston, Ontario. He then transferred to the University of Pennsylvania where he earned a bachelor's degree in economics from the Wharton School. He stayed a year to finish his second bachelor's degree in physics. Then he moved to California to attempt to get a PhD in applied physics at Stanford but he left the program after only two days because he wanted to pursue his entrepreneurial aspirations (start businesses) in the Internet, renewable energy and outer space.[9] He became an American citizen in 2002.[10]

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Early life
Boucher grew up in Vancouver. When she was 18 she moved to Montreal to study neuroscience and Russian at McGill University. [1]

Career
She wrote on her Tumblr account that she started Grimes in 2009 when she first heard Mariah Carey.[1]
She released her first album, Geidi Primes in 2010 on cassette. In 2011 she released an EP with d'Eon called Darkbloom.[2]
In January 2012 she was signed to the record label 4AD. Pitchfork gave the album of a score of 7.5 out of 10.[3] On January 9, 2012 she released the single "Genesis".
Brooke Candy was in the music video.
Grimes released her third album Visions on January 31, 2012 in the United States. It got mostly good reviews from music critics. Pitchfork gave the album a score of 8.5 out of 10.[4] Allmusic called it the best album of 2012.[5] NME chose it as the second best album of 2012.[6] In 2013 it was given the Juno Award for Electronic Album of the year.
In December 2013 Grimes signed to Jay-Z's management company Roc Nation.[7]

Personal life
She is a feminist.[source?]

Heather Papps

hello friend

Mr. Dick

by Cyrano4747

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Soggy biscuit (also called limp biscuit, crispy cookie, ookie cookie, or jizzcuit) is a masturbation game played mostly by teenage groups in which the participants stand around a biscuit masturbating until ejaculating onto it; the last person to do so must eat the biscuit.[1][2] The term is thought to have originated in Australia sometime in the 1960s.[1]

Wow, Limp Bizkit is named after Circle Jerks

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Bump of Chicken is a Japanese rock music group. The members are four men. All members in this group were born in 1979. The vocalist of the group is Fujiwara Motoo. The bassist of the group is Naoi Yoshifumi. The guitarist of the group is Masukawa Hiroaki. The drummer of the group is Masu Hideo. They have been friends since they started school at a young age. The voice of Fujiwara Motoo and the words of their music, which he writes, are popular. They released the debut album “FLAME VEIN” in 1999.

Pastry of the Year

Freddy Krueger is a fictional character from the A Nightmare on Elm Street movies. He was created by Wes Craven and he is the bad guy of the movies. In the first movie a mom told her kid that a long time ago, Freddy killed a bunch of people's kids and the parents got mad and they burnt Freddy. Right before Freddy died some ghosts told Freddy that he can come back to life if takes over dreams, and Freddy said yes.

In the movie Freddy has this claw he wears, it has fingernails built into it made out of knives. This is a very dangerous weapon, he kills people with it. He has had the same glove throughout all of the 7 movies. But there was another movie, New Nightmare, where his claw was remodeled to look scarier.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Murder is when one person kills another person on purpose. If a person does something that makes someone else die, without the intent of killing, it is homicide and may be manslaughter. An accident caused by carelessness may be negligent homicide. Sometimes, a death caused by someone else may not be a crime, for example killing in self-defense.

Pastry of the Year

Buildings can be beautiful or ugly, exciting or boring. Architects are people trained to design buildings. Their work is called architecture and it can be an art form. Look at the building where you are reading this. Look at the shapes and shadows. Is there enough light? Do some rooms make you feel like staying in them while others make you want to hurry away? Do they have interesting features? Think about how you could have made the building better. Almost anybody can become an architect if they want to. But only a good architect or a good builder can design or build a beautiful building.

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Teamwork is when many people work together. They work together to reach a goal. Teamwork helps people to understand others, build friendly friendships, and to get any job done the right way. In health care, teamwork is often practiced to help patients at the hospital. All team members are given a job to do. In teamwork, all work is shared

wouldn't just "build friendships" suffice? I mean I guess friendship is like :) whereas a friendly friendship is like :]

Heather Papps

hello friend

google THIS posted:

Friendship means familiar and liking of each other's mind.

People who are friends talk to each other and spend time together. They also help each other when they are in trouble or are hurt. Friends are people that can be looked up to and trusted. Usually friends have similar interests. A friend is one who admires a person's skill and helps or encourages them to make the right choices and do not get into any trouble at all.

The strength of the bond of friendship between two people can vary. If the bond is very strong, they are called best friends. This can usually be achieved by possessing the elements of friendship, by being kind, generous, loyal, honest and by having fun. With these qualities you can truly enjoy the bliss of friendship.

There are expectations, demands and complaints in friendship too. If friends don't match with your expectations, it does not mean you will break the friendship. It is all about understanding, realizing and helping whenever possible.

Friendship is both good and necessary. Man cannot live all alone. He is a social being. He needs someone to share his joys and sorrows. Generally, it is only people of similar age, character and background, mentality, etc., who can understand him and his problems. Friends are needed for support and for sharing and not for murdering and cannibalizing, in most instances.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather is a female first name. It is based around "heather", the English word for a variety of shrubs having pink and white flowers. There are many famous people having the name, such as Heather Locklear, Heather Tom, Heather Thomas and Heather Matarazzo.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Teamwork is when many people work together. They work together to reach a goal. Teamwork helps people to understand others, build friendly friendships, and to get any job done the right way. In health care, teamwork is often practiced to help patients at the hospital. All team members are given a job to do. In teamwork, all work is shared

wouldn't just "build friendships" suffice? I mean I guess friendship is like :) whereas a friendly friendship is like :]

Sailing the seas of BYOB in a friendly friendship

Heather Papps

hello friend

An electronic cigarette (or e-cigarette, e-cig) is a cigarette substitute. It gives small amounts of the chemical nicotine without the tobacco or other chemicals from real cigarettes. The main substances making up in the liquid in the e-cigarettes are nicotine, propylene glycol, glycerin and some flavors or smells.

Starting 2012 Tobacco companies also want a piece of E-Cigarette-cake and work on their own products. Marlboro goes for heating tobacco, Philip Morris tests a fizz-like method while British American Tobacco tries a medical-like inhaler. Many big tobacco companies didn't do their own research or stopped at some point. Instead they bought smaller e-cig companies to enter the market.

"vaping" laws in Canada is by far the most complicated history. VAPING STARTED WIT NO LEGAL STATUS meaning anyone could do it NOW IT IS A CONTROLLED PRODUCT. so youth cannot buy it but after the age of 16 the safe way to go about obtaining e-cigarettes is to ask your friends because at the age of 16 you are legally able to make a conscious decision about your health and police are legally unable to confiscate tobacco products and e-cigarettes but if the individual who provide you with the vape if of age a.k.a 19 they themselves can be charged with giving controlled products to a minor

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

An electronic cigarette (or e-cigarette, e-cig) is a cigarette substitute. It gives small amounts of the chemical nicotine without the tobacco or other chemicals from real cigarettes. The main substances making up in the liquid in the e-cigarettes are nicotine, propylene glycol, glycerin and some flavors or smells.

Starting 2012 Tobacco companies also want a piece of E-Cigarette-cake and work on their own products. Marlboro goes for heating tobacco, Philip Morris tests a fizz-like method while British American Tobacco tries a medical-like inhaler. Many big tobacco companies didn't do their own research or stopped at some point. Instead they bought smaller e-cig companies to enter the market.

"vaping" laws in Canada is by far the most complicated history. VAPING STARTED WIT NO LEGAL STATUS meaning anyone could do it NOW IT IS A CONTROLLED PRODUCT. so youth cannot buy it but after the age of 16 the safe way to go about obtaining e-cigarettes is to ask your friends because at the age of 16 you are legally able to make a conscious decision about your health and police are legally unable to confiscate tobacco products and e-cigarettes but if the individual who provide you with the vape if of age a.k.a 19 they themselves can be charged with giving controlled products to a minor

Amazing

google THIS

lmao

Heather Papps

hello friend

the beginning is dry, but man, did scrolling down ever pay off

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I'm now imagining this article in regular Wikipedia

Escape From Noise

simple English Wikipedia posted:

If your step dad tries to make you stop vaping remind him that it's just vapor and that he's also not your real dad. [citation needed]

Heather Papps

hello friend

Uncle is either a brother of someone's parent. Uncle's child is that person's cousin. A granduncle (or great-uncle) is the brother of a grandparent. A great-granduncle (or great-great-uncle) is the brother of a great-grandparent. Uncle-in-law is the parent's sister's husband or parent-in-law's brother. Co-uncle-in-law is parent-in-law's sister's husband. Granduncle-in-law (or great-uncle-in-law) is the grandparent's sister's husband or grandparent-in-law's brother. Co-granduncle-in-law (or co-great-uncle-in-law) is the grandparent-in-law's sister's husband. Great-granduncle-in-law (or great-great-uncle-in-law) is the great-grandparent's sister's husband or great-grandparent-in-law's brother. A co-great-granduncle-in-law (or co-great-great-uncle-in-law) is the great-grandparent-in-law's sister's husband. Co-uncle is sibling's spouse's brother.

Variation of terms

Maternal uncle: mother's full brother.
Paternal uncle: father's full brother.
Maternal uncle-in-law: mother's full sister's husband.
Paternal uncle-in-law: father's full sister's husband.
Maternal half-uncle - number one / Half-uncle - number one: mother's maternal half-brother.
Maternal half-uncle - number two / Half-uncle - number two: mother's paternal half-brother.
Paternal half-uncle - number one / Half-uncle - number three: father's maternal half-brother.
Paternal half-uncle - number two / Half-uncle - number four: father's paternal half-brother.
Double half-uncle: The son of one's maternal grandfather with their paternal grandmother or the son of one's paternal grandfather with their maternal grandmother.[1]
Maternal great-uncle - number one / Great-uncle - number one: maternal grandmother's full brother.
Maternal great-uncle - number two / Great-uncle - number two: maternal grandfather's full brother.
Paternal great-uncle - number one / Great-uncle - number three: paternal grandmother's full brother.
Paternal great-uncle - number two / Great-uncle - number four: paternal grandfather's full brother.
Maternal great-uncle-in-law - number one / Great-uncle-in-law - number one: maternal grandmother's full sister's husband.
Maternal great-uncle-in-law - number two / Great-uncle-in-law - number two: maternal grandfather's full sister's husband.
Paternal great-uncle-in-law - number one / Great-uncle-in-law - number three: paternal grandmother's full sister's husband.
Paternal great-uncle-in-law - number two / Great-uncle-in-law - number four: paternal grandfather's full sister's husband.
Maternal great-great-uncle - number one / Great-great-uncle - number one: maternal grandmother's mother's full brother.
Maternal great-great-uncle - number two / Great-great-uncle - number two: maternal grandmother's father's full brother.
Maternal great-great-uncle - number three / Great-great-uncle - number three: maternal grandfather's mother's full brother.
Maternal great-great-uncle - number four / Great-great-uncle - number four: maternal grandfather's father's full brother.
Paternal great-great-uncle - number one / Great-great-uncle - number five: paternal grandmother's mother's full brother.
Paternal great-great-uncle - number two / Great-great-uncle - number six: paternal grandmother's father's full brother.
Paternal great-great-uncle - number three / Great-great-uncle - number seven: paternal grandfather's mother's full brother.
Paternal great-great-uncle - number four / Great-great-uncle - number eight: paternal grandfather's father's full brother.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Double half-uncle: The son of one's maternal grandfather with their paternal grandmother or the son of one's paternal grandfather with their maternal grandmother.[1]

google THIS

Heather Papps posted:

But if you're a Simple English Wikipedia reader you probably already know him as "Dad."

google THIS fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 26, 2020

Pastry of the Year

a piece of E-Cigarette-cake

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Heather Papps posted:

Joke
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A joke is something told to make people laugh. There are many kinds of jokes; they can be questions with surprising answers or stories with unexpected endings. The humour of a joke comes from the surprise.

Jokes can be about anything. Jokes can be found anywhere: on the Internet, in books or heard from friends. Some jokes are about certain types of people and can hurt people's feelings, for example if they are racist or sexist.

Jokes are used in comedy, plays and movies.

Jokes could take the form of sarcasm or even try to poke fun at something to get a point across. People sometimes get hurt by jokes at them. If a joke is used to show a problem in someone's thought, it is normally called satire.

Thank you op, I've learned much on this blessed day

cda

by Hand Knit
Rodney Dangerfield (November 22, 1921 – October 5, 2004), born Jacob Cohen, was an American comedian and actor.

Unsourced quotes

It's Not Easy Bein' Me: A Lifetime of No Respect But Plenty of Sex and Drugs (2004)

”I don't get no respect!”

Simple: I get respect.

”I tell ya, my wife likes to talk during sex. Last night, she called me from a motel.”

Simple: I tell you, my wife likes to talk while having sex. Last night she was in a motel from where she phoned me and talked to me.

”I told my doctor I broke my arm in two places. He told me to keep out of those places.”

Simple: I told my doctor that my arm was broken at two places. The doctor told me not to go to the places ever again where I broke my arm.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

cda posted:

Rodney Dangerfield (November 22, 1921 – October 5, 2004), born Jacob Cohen, was an American comedian and actor.

Unsourced quotes

It's Not Easy Bein' Me: A Lifetime of No Respect But Plenty of Sex and Drugs (2004)

”I don't get no respect!”

Simple: I get respect.

”I tell ya, my wife likes to talk during sex. Last night, she called me from a motel.”

Simple: I tell you, my wife likes to talk while having sex. Last night she was in a motel from where she phoned me and talked to me.

”I told my doctor I broke my arm in two places. He told me to keep out of those places.”

Simple: I told my doctor that my arm was broken at two places. The doctor told me not to go to the places ever again where I broke my arm.

This is it, the simple English Wikipedia Rosetta stone

Heather Papps

hello friend

An adult is a person who is grown up completely, or is not a child anymore. It is the phase after being a teenager. Once someone reaches adulthood, that person typically no longer has to take directions from a parent or guardian, but rather can make decisions for themselves.

In biology, a person is considered an adult physically when they are sexually mature. This means that they have begun or passed through the physical puberty, and are able to sexually reproduce.[1][2] Mentally and emotionally, a person is considered a full grown adult in the early or mid twenties. A person can be at legal age at 18, yet they're still in adolescence, their minds are still developing. This is one of the reasons why a person under the age of 23 can be seen as a “child” by people over 24

In most countries, someone is legally considered an adult when he or she is older than a certain age. This is called the Age of majority. Hitting the age of majority means that you are considered old enough to make your own decisions, and not having to be taken care of by your parents or other adults. In most countries, this age is 18 years. However, it varies from ages as low as 16 to as high as 21. There are many additional laws that determine from what age a person is allowed to do something; for example, vote, drink alcohol, and have sexual intercourse.

There are also some cultures that says a person is an adult from an age of 12 years on, for example see Bar Mitzi. In some cultures, you're an adult when you're pubescent or postpubescent.[3]

Heather Papps

hello friend

A child (plural form is children) is a person who is not an adult yet, or who has not reached puberty, which usually happens in adolescence. Sometimes tweenagers (pubescents) and teenagers (postpubescents) are also called children. A baby that is not yet born is often called a child, too. A person can be called his or her parent's child, no matter how old he or she is. Some synonyms for the word 'child' are kid, toddler, bairn, youngster, boy or girl, lad or lass, and youth.

In rich countries, children go to school. Small children may go to nursery school, or kindergarten. Playing with small toys and using their imaginations are important for child development. But often in a developing country, children sometimes work in factories or in the fields with their parents or guardians.

When two people get married and one (or both) of them have children with someone else before this marriage, that child is called a step child by the child's non-birth parent. If both people had children, the children of each parent are step brothers or step sisters of each other. A child whose parent dies is an orphan. Orphans with no parent may be raised by grandparents or other relatives. Otherwise they may go to live in an orphanage. They may be adopted by another adult or couple wanting a child. They will then be able to grow up in a new family.

Heather Papps

hello friend

A tweenager, or tween, is a young person between the age of from 10 to 13. From this stage they are still developing.
Timing of puberty

On average, girls begin puberty at ages 10–11; boys at ages 11–12.[1][2] Girls usually complete puberty by ages 15–17,[2][3][4] while boys usually complete puberty by ages 16–17.[2][3] The major landmark of puberty for females is menarche, the onset of menstruation, which occurs on average between ages 12–13;[5][6][7] for males, it is the first ejaculation, which occurs on average at age 15.[8]In the 21st century, the average age at which children, especially girls, reach puberty is lower compared to the 19th century, when it was 15 for girls and 16 for boys.[9]

okay so you have 3 guesses where this article is going and the first 2 don't count holy loving poo poo

Sexual attraction to tweenagers or people going through puberty is called hebephilia.[13]

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

The fancy rat or pet rat is a type of the brown rat (Rattus norvegicus) that is bred to be a pet. The name fancy rat has nothing to do with the "fanciness" of how they look. It comes from the phrase animal fancy. A person who keeps pet rats is said to be involved in "rat fancy." Some people domesticate black rats (Rattus rattus), and Gambian pouched rats (Cricetomys gambianus). These types of rats are not usually called fancy rats because the hobby does not center around them.

In the 19th century france, Fancy Rats were quite a popular attraction of entertainment, they could be taughtt a handfull of tricks.

Fancy rats do not have the diseases and illness as a wild rat would have. Fancy rats can have ears on the top of their head (standard) or at the side (dumbo)

Heather Papps

hello friend

Tim Burton

Timothy Walter "Tim" Burton (born August 25, 1958) is an American movie director producer screenwriter and artist.

He has an individual style; the movies that he makes are creative and often based on events that would not happen in real life. For example, the main character in "Edward Scissorhands" is a young man who has scissors instead of hands.

Pastry of the Year

Facebook (sometimes shortened to FB) is a social networking service and website started in February 2004. It was built by Mark Zuckerberg. It is owned by Facebook, Inc.[8]As of September 2012, Facebook has over one billion active users.[9] Users may make a personal profile, add other users as friends, and send messages. Facebook users must register before using the site. The name of the service comes from the name for the book given to students at the start of the school year by some universities in the United States. These books help students get to know each other better. Facebook allows any users who are at least 13 years old to become users of the website.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Aboriginal people lived in the places that are now Canada for a long time. In 1537 the French started a colony and the British Empire soon followed. The two empires fought several wars and in the late 18th century only British North America remained with what is more or less Canada today.

In 1931, Canada achieved near total independence with the Statute of Westminster 1931, and became completely independent when the Canada Act 1982 removed the last remaining ties of legal dependence on the Parliament of the United Kingdom.

It has the longest border with water (coastline) of any country in the world.
It is the only country in the world to be next to three oceans at once. It has six time zones.

There are very few people living in the northern part of Canada.

The Canadian Shield is a vast area of ancient Pre-Cambrian rocks lying in an arc around Hudson Bay, covering more than one third of Canada's land area. This is a unique land of lakes, bogs, swamps, trees, and rocks. It is a terrain that is very dangerous and difficult to traverse cross country because of lakes, bogs, swamps, trees, and rocks.

Indigenous (native) people lived in what is now Canada for thousands of years before the first Europeans arrived. They are known as the First Nations and the Inuit people. The Métis have part First Nations and part European backgrounds. Together, these three groups are called "Indigenous," "Aboriginal," or "First Peoples." They used to be called "Indians" by the Europeans, but this is now considered rude.

The Vikings were the first Europeans known to land in what is now called Canada, in what is now Newfoundland, led by the Viking explorer Leif Erikson. They did not stay long, however.

During the War of 1812, the United States tried to conquer Canada but were defeated.

Many people from other parts of the world think of Canada as a very cold and snowy place. While it is true that much of Canada is very far north, most Canadians live in the southern parts, where the weather is much milder.

Jaguars!

This is from regular wikipedia but I don't know where else to put it. It's from the talk page to the article on P. G. Wodehouse

quote:

Please User:SchroCat can you explain why you consider it OK to have spelling in another version of English rather than the British English specified in a 2015 hatnote, as stated in your edit summary to this edit[2]. The spellings in question being humourist and humorist.SovalValtos (talk) 18:20, 17 December 2019 (UTC)

See the OED. - SchroCat (talk) 18:25, 17 December 2019 (UTC)
User:SchroCatThank you for your time spent explaining.SovalValtos (talk) 18:49, 17 December 2019 (UTC)
See also Chambers Dictionary and Fowler's Modern English Usage. "Humorist" = correct BrE form. Tim riley talk 18:53, 17 December 2019 (UTC)

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
A cross-sex friendship is a friendship between an unrelated male and female.

<3 <3 Vanisher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

VampireFreaks.com is an online social community based on gothic/industrial subculture. In 1999, the site was made by Jethro Berlson. It started as a small forum talking about gothic culture but then it grew as a social networking site and it is very popular with the goth, emo and punk community. VampireFreaks has a clothing store in New York City.