Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Papes posted:

Anyone interested in trading up into the 1.10?

I am, but don't think I have the ammunition to pull it off from 2.05.

Gotta admit, this draft hasn't gone the way I thought it would at all and pretty excited about who might fall to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Sataere posted:

Gotta admit, this draft hasn't gone the way I thought it would at all and pretty excited about who might fall to me.
Having not expected to be in a dynasty league this year, I don't know much about the rookies or about how the draft is supposed to go anyway. Having fun, though :niggly:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

on the bored wop posted:

Having not expected to be in a dynasty league this year, I don't know much about the rookies or about how the draft is supposed to go anyway. Having fun, though :niggly:

You are doing fine. I guarantee your guy was a top three receiver for half of us.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Alright I’ll pick when I get into the office

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Sataere posted:

You are doing fine. I guarantee your guy was a top three receiver for half of us.

Thanks. I was set to take Metcalf if he'd dropped another spot but Campbell has the added bonus of being a homer pick so I'm happy with it.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Metcalf was very much not a top 3 wr for me

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Where is the info to send payment? Cant find it. Or as league champion and best drat team that this league has ever seen exempt?

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I heard that new members are also exempt.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

brettd1991@yahoo , or we can do Venmo or whatever your preferred method is (no crypto)

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I only deal in cosbycoin

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Alucard posted:

I only deal in cosbycoin

We'll be sending some beer to your house. Don't be afraid to drink it.

Papes posted:

Metcalf was very much not a top 3 wr for me

Metcalf is super polarizing. I can tell you he was my number one receiver also.

Can't believe Hock fell so far. I had him as a top five guy. I really wanted to trade up for him, but I have no capital.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Jock fell to exactly to where he needed to be.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

jabro posted:

Jock fell to exactly to where he needed to be.

False. He's not on my roster.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I almost took hock but wanted someone who may be a viable fantasy starter this year

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Sataere posted:

Metcalf is super polarizing. I can tell you he was my number one receiver also.

My top 3 wrs:

Parris Campbell
2wrs not yet drafted

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Papes posted:

My top 3 wrs:

Parris Campbell
2wrs not yet drafted

You draft bad then. Fite me irl

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Two of my top three receivers are gone. But I like a lot of guys in this draft at that position.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Is dkj alive?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

He’s dead

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Working, so basically dead yeah.

Sorry, I had to turn email notifications off because of that interboard league sending me 200+ emails a day.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

dkj posted:

Working, so basically dead yeah.

Sorry, I had to turn email notifications off because of that interboard league sending me 200+ emails a day.

Lol, completely understandable. I keep thinking of doing the same thing. Also, thanks for not taking my guy. :)

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I just spent 3 minutes trying to figure out why I cant draft Big Ben.

Rookies only. Got it.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spermy Smurf posted:

I just spent 3 minutes trying to figure out why I cant draft Big Ben.

Rookies only. Got it.

You should be able to draft Big Ben if he's available. This isn't a rookie only draft.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
There are a fuckload of locked players - we probably need to restart the draft after unlocking everyone...

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Thought I was going crazy. Was I seriously the only one trying to draft a non-rookie?

I am OK with my pick, but i have another pick in like 3 and would like a couple vets.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Spermy Smurf posted:

Thought I was going crazy. Was I seriously the only one trying to draft a non-rookie?

I am OK with my pick, but i have another pick in like 3 and would like a couple vets.

I grabbed a defense off the wire but I think it cleared waivers

And looking at the locked defenses, I'd have definitely picked a different one if I saw all the available teams.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 22, 2019

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Cant restart the draft because now we know where to reach and not.

Just unlock them after my Jacobi pick and call it good. I am fine with that pick of mine.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I loved at who is locked and am good with who I have so far.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
The reason I picked DST at round 2 was because of what I perceived to be a dearth of remaining available teams (7 available). It turned out that this was not the case, as there are an additional 17 DSTs that are locked. If I had known that that many teams were still on the block, I would 100% have not picked a DST that early, and would have likely grabbed one of the players that was taken up in the last few picks instead.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Aug 22, 2019

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
So that it is at least on the record (I'm adding it to my draft notes) I would prefer that my NOS pick be swapped for Darwin Thompson (who was taken after my NOS pick) or at the very least receive Ryquell Armstead (who is still available as of the posting of this note).

Alucard fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 22, 2019

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Alucard posted:

So that it is at least on the record (I'm adding it to my draft notes) I would prefer that my NOS pick be swapped for Darwin Thompson (who was taken after my NOS pick) or at the very least receive Ryquell Armstead (who is still available as of the posting of this note).

Aaaand he is gone.

We gotta pause the draft here guys.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Sounds like we need to roll back to the defense pick at least?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'm ok with rolling back 2 picks and changing mine but would prefer rolling back to the round 2 pick. I'll defer to the rest of the league / commish on the matter.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I’m fine with that. Objections?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I will say I should be awarded at least 40% of Darwin’s points this year :)

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
You can use him on days where I bench him. Deal? :-D

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Just restart it I went for a locked player twice and had to find a new pick

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

If it were one of the leagues I commish, I wouldn't take players away from people who drafted them or do a rollback unless something truly major happened (the Rams' team plane goes down in the middle of the draft, etc.). The number of people affected by having attempted to draft locked players would have to be pretty high for me to do anything large-scale; I would probably offer to switch out those peoples' picks for the locked player that they wanted but couldn't get (but not for an unlocked player they could have conceivably taken). The locked players are marked as locked in the master list of players, though I admit I didn't think anything of it because I've been focusing on rookies.

If we're doing a rollback then roll it back to 2.07 rather than 2.08 so I can take Darwin over Damien :v:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

Just restart it I went for a locked player twice and had to find a new pick

Say this earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

i don't know if i would have taken a locked player or not because they weren't in the list of people to pick. i dumb and barely know who's on my own team, let alone everyone else's