Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

We dip below freezing this weekend so I'm holding off until we get a week of non freezing forecasts.

I'm excited, though: my nerd beer bar does crawlers so Zam get ready to be amazed

Looking forward to it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Veritek. Work travel screened this week all up, but the crowlers are in my fridge.

If I don’t end up drinking them this weekend, they will be out Wednesday the latest.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
How do you recommend I ship the beer?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Phone posting but rhe super short version is lots of bubble wrap. Wrap bottles individually and put each one in a ziploc or at least plastic shopping bag, sealed tight in case there's an unfortunate leak. Once you've gotten everything you're sending into your box, make sure to fill up any gaps. Nothing should wobble. Newspaper is the cheap and easy way to fill the last few spaces packing peanuts, styrofoam or more bubble wrap are also good choices. Make sure the package is sealed up tight. I've hear some recommend putting your entire haul into a garbage bag in addition to the above steps as additional security against leaks.

I'll probably do that myself next time. Others probably have more/better advice because I've only shipped three times.

Come to think of it all three times were to Zam. Zam! :argh:

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

First Beer Box arrived!

Actually arrived last week, but I was away for the week to fly up for the Niners game.

Go Niners!

Missing are duplicates of the cans for ease of taking the pictures, but Quiet Feet sent an awesome box with a great variety.

Rock Art, A River Runs Gruit
Lost Nation, Tossing Seeds
NEBCO, Supernaught
Relic Brewing, Ryepocalyps
Firefly Hollow, Wood Drip
Paradox, HighBiscus 2017
Maine Beer Co, Lunch
Southern Tier, Pumking 2015
Lawson's, Triple Sunshine
Relic Brewing, Death of Venus
Lawson's, Fayston Maple
Otter Creek, Mitch's Secret Stash
Otter Creek, Remarkable Sundae Stout

Thank you Quiet Feet!

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

4 local 32oz crowlers are packed and headed your way tomorrow Veritek.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Zam posted:

First Beer Box arrived!

Actually arrived last week, but I was away for the week to fly up for the Niners game.

Go Niners!

Missing are duplicates of the cans for ease of taking the pictures, but Quiet Feet sent an awesome box with a great variety.

Rock Art, A River Runs Gruit
Lost Nation, Tossing Seeds
NEBCO, Supernaught
Relic Brewing, Ryepocalyps
Firefly Hollow, Wood Drip
Paradox, HighBiscus 2017
Maine Beer Co, Lunch
Southern Tier, Pumking 2015
Lawson's, Triple Sunshine
Relic Brewing, Death of Venus
Lawson's, Fayston Maple
Otter Creek, Mitch's Secret Stash
Otter Creek, Remarkable Sundae Stout

Thank you Quiet Feet!

Woo! Glad it all got there okay.

I mean, the Sundae Stout is liquid suffering but I feel like it should be inflicted on everyone so that beer drinkers the world over have the opportunity to hate it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

A package!? For me!? (pic incoming)

Oozlefinch brewing - Sutler's Ration weizenbock
Vasen Brewing Co - Hyperborean Galaxy IPA
Vasen Brewing Co - Hane farmhouse ale
Basic City Beer - Grin's Casket rye barrel stout
Basic City Beer - Gringo mole imperial stout
Legend brewing Co - Brown Ale
Hardywood - Cloud Shapes (X2)
Ardent - Dark Rye stout (X2)

I'm excited to see the word "rye" in there. Recently hit up Relic Brewing in CT and grabbed a 4-pack of that Ryepocalypse stout to try/ship with my box, and it made me realized I hadn't had a good rye beer in a long time. Mayflower Brewing in nearby Plymouth Mass does a Summer rye beer that's low ABV and very refreshing when it's hot out, but for some reason I can never find the drat stuff anymore. Love the Basic City bottles. Anyhow, thanks to Veritek!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm excited to see the word "rye" in there.

the grain bill is 20% rye, so i hope it's apparent!

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Quiet Feet posted:

A package!? For me!? (pic incoming)

Oozlefinch brewing - Sutler's Ration weizenbock
Vasen Brewing Co - Hyperborean Galaxy IPA
Vasen Brewing Co - Hane farmhouse ale
Basic City Beer - Grin's Casket rye barrel stout
Basic City Beer - Gringo mole imperial stout
Legend brewing Co - Brown Ale
Hardywood - Cloud Shapes (X2)

I'm excited to see the word "rye" in there. Recently hit up Relic Brewing in CT and grabbed a 4-pack of that Ryepocalypse stout to try/ship with my box, and it made me realized I hadn't had a good rye beer in a long time. Mayflower Brewing in nearby Plymouth Mass does a Summer rye beer that's low ABV and very refreshing when it's hot out, but for some reason I can never find the drat stuff anymore. Love the Basic City bottles. Anyhow, thanks to Veritek!

So glad the second try shipping worked. RIP to the Hardywood 8th Anniversary Ale and the bottle of Blue Bee cider that FedEx killed. Enjoy.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Veritek you should be getting your package today.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Nice. I drank the last beer in the house last night.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Veritek83 posted:

Nice. I drank the last beer in the house last night.

This is my dream. I am so over having a cellar. I want like a half dozen bottles of lambic and barleywine and that's it. One day, through dedication, I will get there.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

Veritek you should be getting your package today.

And a second package to Veritek has been shipped to arrive on Friday.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

spacejung posted:

And a second package to Veritek has been shipped to arrive on Friday.

Excellent.

And 128 oz of fine Texan craft beer arrived safe and sound this afternoon.

Martin House Plum Pudding Sour
Turning Point $Texas DIPA
Saloon Door Doc Hoppiday IPA
(512) Whiskey Barrel Double Pecan Porter

I'm very excited to crack one or more of these for the game on Sunday. Thanks Alfalfa.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

deedee megadoodoo posted:

This is my dream. I am so over having a cellar. I want like a half dozen bottles of lambic and barleywine and that's it. One day, through dedication, I will get there.

I average a beer a night but occasionally think of just moving to having like one or two big fancy beers per week. There's just so much good beer out there it's almost impossible not to run across an old favorite I haven't had in a while or something new and interesting or something weird but super cheap in my local bottle shop's bargain bin.

Alright so what exactly is a plum pudding beer?

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

Alright so what exactly is a plum pudding beer?

"Plum and Fig Lactose Sour." I'm excited and scared all at once.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Package #2 arrived yesterday afternoon courtesy of Paul Proteus!

Revolution Brewing - Straight Jacket barleywine aged in bourbon barrels (15% abv jesus) X2
Half Acre - original Reaper stout
Half Acre - Benthic bourbon barrel stout
Off Color Brewing - Dino S'mores imperial stout X2
New Glarus - Raspberry Tart X2
New Glarus - Serendipity X2
New Glarus - Wisconsin Belgian Red
Misc brewery swag

Awesome haul! Special thanks to Paul Proteus for making a side trip for the New Glarus.

How is everyone else coming along? If you're having an issue please let me know. And as always it's better late than never with this. For exampe, I kept forgetting to link to the Goon beer exchange thread which has some tips on how to ship beer. :doh:

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

spacejung's box was sitting on my front steps when I got home from buying dog food this afternoon.

Dust Bowl Emperor of the North Imperial Stout
Beachwood Citraholic IPA
E9- O'Leary's Coffee Milk Stout
Almanac Beer Co. Raspberry Sournova
Modern Times Black House
Brouwerij West Picnic Lightning
Pizza Port Chronic Ale
Offshoot Beer Co. Retreat DIPA
Phantom Carriage Broadacres with Raspberries Wilde Berliner Weisse

Thanks spacejung. Looking forward to these.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

dropped Zam's box off today since the UPS driver missed it yesterday. hopefully he'll have worked through the rest of his winnings so he can crush mine next weekend

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Package #2 arrived yesterday afternoon courtesy of Paul Proteus!

Revolution Brewing - Straight Jacket barleywine aged in bourbon barrels (15% abv jesus) X2
Half Acre - original Reaper stout
Half Acre - Benthic bourbon barrel stout
Off Color Brewing - Dino S'mores imperial stout X2
New Glarus - Raspberry Tart X2
New Glarus - Serendipity X2
New Glarus - Wisconsin Belgian Red
Misc brewery swag

Awesome haul! Special thanks to Paul Proteus for making a side trip for the New Glarus.

How is everyone else coming along? If you're having an issue please let me know. And as always it's better late than never with this. For exampe, I kept forgetting to link to the Goon beer exchange thread which has some tips on how to ship beer. :doh:

Getting out to get your crowlers by Monday. Thanks for waiting, with twin hyperactive sons it's hard to get out of the house!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

Getting out to get your crowlers by Monday. Thanks for waiting, with twin hyperactive sons it's hard to get out of the house!

Heh, I have you shipping to Zam in Cali but if you really want to spend the money to send a crowler to Massachusetts I'm fine with that.

As a stay-at-home parent to exactly one preschooler, I semi-understand and have absolutely no idea how people handle more than that. :stare:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Heh, I have you shipping to Zam in Cali but if you really want to spend the money to send a crowler to Massachusetts I'm fine with that.

As a stay-at-home parent to exactly one preschooler, I semi-understand and have absolutely no idea how people handle more than that. :stare:

Oh, right Zam, thanks

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

YamatoNoOrochi certainly hit the dollar amount with some barrel-aged joints from the generally-excellent Firestone Walker. excited for Parabajava as i believe it's a brewery-only release!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

funkybottoms posted:

YamatoNoOrochi certainly hit the dollar amount with some barrel-aged joints from the generally-excellent Firestone Walker. excited for Parabajava as i believe it's a brewery-only release!

Glad it all got there safe, I may have went a little overboard with the bubble wrap.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I've been delayed in sending, but have not forgotten. Hope to have this done by the end of the week.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Sataere posted:

I've been delayed in sending, but have not forgotten. Hope to have this done by the end of the week.

I often see advice to wait until there's a week when night temps aren't below freezing. That's what's delayed me in part. Often shipping facilities aren't heated at night.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

I often see advice to wait until there's a week when night temps aren't below freezing. That's what's delayed me in part. Often shipping facilities aren't heated at night.

You're shipping to beautiful SoCal - we don't freeze. Never had an issue with somebody shipping to me even when temps were in the 10s, but shipping INTO freezing temperatures is a bit more complicated.

Zam fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Feb 7, 2020

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Zam posted:

You're shipping to beautiful SoCal - we don't freeze. Never had an issue with somebody shipping to me even when temps were in the 10s, but shipping INTO freezing temperatures is a bit more complicated.

Okay, cool. I bought the Crowlers yesterday and will ship today.

At my nerd beer bar I was polling people as to what local beers were best and they kept saying stuff like, "oooh speedway stout is great." I mean, it is great, but you can get that in SoCal, so eventually I just gave up and sample a bunch of beers myself.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Any new deliveries lately?

Who still needs to ship?

It’s been 2+ months...

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Alfalfa posted:

Any new deliveries lately?

Who still needs to ship?

It’s been 2+ months...

I shipped Monday and sent Zam the tracking info

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Received this box from funkybottoms

Sent me some local bourbon to break up the beer shipments, and included some excellent beer variety as well.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Zam posted:

Received this box from funkybottoms

Sent me some local bourbon to break up the beer shipments, and included some excellent beer variety as well.

should have been fewer of my crappy beers, but one can opened all over the floor as i was getting it out of my car (tab caught on something) so i had to drink it.

speaking of which, that Parabajava was delicious

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Hell yeah, I really like Reservoir

and of course Ardent and Bingo and Triple Crossing

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

From the thread activity we know that at least the following people have sent their boxes.

1: Paul Proteus
2: Veritek
3: Quiet Feet
4: Funkybottoms
5: YamataNoorochi
6: Spacejung
7: Alfalfa

Still waiting to hear if the following have arrived

8: Drunk Nerds - to Zam (by his last post it looks like his is on it's way?)
9: Deedee Megadoodoo - to Zam
10: Nickrowfillea - to Veritek83
11: Zam - to Deedee Megadoodoo
12: Sataere - Zam

Sent out an email. Giving it one more week before we turn in toxxes. It's been almost two months since the league's season ended. I'm assuming a lot of this is just people forgetting to post in the thread but I don't want a repeat of last year where we had two members flake out.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Received the below crowlers from Drunk Nerds over the weekend!

Some favorites from the PNW here, and some new beers I look forward to trying. Thanks!

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

From the thread activity we know that at least the following people have sent their boxes.

1: Paul Proteus
2: Veritek
3: Quiet Feet
4: Funkybottoms
5: YamataNoorochi
6: Spacejung
7: Alfalfa

Still waiting to hear if the following have arrived

8: Drunk Nerds - to Zam (by his last post it looks like his is on it's way?)
9: Deedee Megadoodoo - to Zam
10: Nickrowfillea - to Veritek83
11: Zam - to Deedee Megadoodoo
12: Sataere - Zam

Sent out an email. Giving it one more week before we turn in toxxes. It's been almost two months since the league's season ended. I'm assuming a lot of this is just people forgetting to post in the thread but I don't want a repeat of last year where we had two members flake out.

There was a shipping issue for the box I was to receive from Deedee Megadoodoo, but a box was sent (and returned) and we are working out the rest. We've been in communication about it.

Haven't heard anything from Sataere.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Zam posted:

There was a shipping issue for the box I was to receive from Deedee Megadoodoo, but a box was sent (and returned) and we are working out the rest. We've been in communication about it.

I'll poke him. He's reliable, just has had a lot going on.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Zam posted:

The box finally made it back to me late last week after sitting in a warehouse for 2 weeks. I don’t trust some of the beer that I originally shipped so I bought some new stuff yesterday. I will be dropping it off again tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Zam posted:

Beer update. I have beer bought and at my house. Just need to ship. It should be going out in the next couple of days. My apologies for the delay. As DN mentioned, my life is a bit hectic at the moment