Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

hot and gay. next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

PokeJoe posted:

hot and gay. next

turn on your monitor ;)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

:blush:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
homo milk still gets trotted out by canadians of a certain age

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

what’s a homo milk

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

git apologist posted:

what’s a homo milk

cant know til you try

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

axolotl farmer posted:

herring is def a fatty fish.

what species is ’small fish’? :confused:

when it not big

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

git apologist posted:

what’s a homo milk
3.25% milk

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
the idea with homogenized milk was it was the closest to “natural” fat levels and therefore good for kids. good for kids to refer to as homo milk. you can still get it around my neck of the woods i think but it’s not as popular as it was in the 80s

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

most places just call it whole milk and it’s available everywhere

all commercial milk that isn’t hippy milk is homogenized anyway

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

mediaphage posted:

most places just call it whole milk and it’s available everywhere

all commercial milk that isn’t hippy milk is homogenized anyway
conflating whole and homogenized is a fun way to get hippies spitting mad at you lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

conflating whole and homogenized is a fun way to get hippies spitting mad at you lol

it’s true though lol, if you talk about the historic usage of homo milk. hippies will spend $$$ to get their unhomo’ed glass bottles milk anyway

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

neurosurgeon appointment this afternoon, i'm of two minds about it. on the one hand i'm worried i'm going to need spinal surgery, but on the other hand i don't want to go through months of having my spine poked with needles that only end up prolonging the whole ordeal & would rather they just get any needed operations out of the way.

i'm not well versed enough on how all this poo poo works to know, but it seems to be that nerve blocks and other injections won't reduce the disc bulge that's pressing on my spinal cord

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

so it’s not as bad as the mri impressions seemed to indicate. going to have epidural injection(s) in my cervical spine, and if that doesn’t help then an electric nerve conduction test is next, potentially leading to spine surgery

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

an epidural took care of my ex-wife’s back labour pain, so I’m a fan

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

was woken up by the cpap gurgling due to water in the tube. pulled it off the machine, dumped it on the floor, and put a sock over it. easy peasy

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

how'd ol joe go? choked to death on cpap water. a shame.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

mortan joe

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Cat Face Joe posted:

was woken up by the cpap gurgling due to water in the tube. pulled it off the machine, dumped it on the floor, and put a sock over it. easy peasy

weird I do the same thing but I don't have a cpap :confused:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i sleep with a wet sock on my nose, its nice :)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Small sock or big nose?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I wonder if I’m just getting too old for good spicy food, drat. stomach was acid-burny all night after some amazing chili momo. worth it, maybe

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm still old. How is this possible, it's been a long time? Surely I should be getting better?!?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
your posting certainly isn't

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Subjunctive posted:

I wonder if I’m just getting too old for good spicy food, drat. stomach was acid-burny all night after some amazing chili momo. worth it, maybe

the valve(?) b/w my stomach and esophagus doesn't work right anymore (thanks genetics!) so spicy food for lunch is no problem cuz I'm still upright for hours but a late dinner of something spicy is a first class ticket on the pain train once i lay down

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

the valve(?) b/w my stomach and esophagus doesn't work right anymore (thanks genetics!) so spicy food for lunch is no problem cuz I'm still upright for hours but a late dinner of something spicy is a first class ticket on the pain train once i lay down

it's a sphincter

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

:goatsecx:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

have you tried oiling it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
spicy-cadaver hell yeah

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

spicy-cadaver hell yeah

lol

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Subjunctive posted:

No good food happens after 1pm.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i went for lunch with my kids and nephew, had a hazy ipa with lunch and a long black for dessert, got home and passed out for 2 hours :waycool:

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Jonny 290 posted:

spicy-cadaver hell yeah

lol

went to the doc today for more meds among other things so might tempt fate and get myself some slightly spicy ramen for dinner

Feisty-Cadaver fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Apr 23, 2024

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My lungs are rattling and I keep coughing up my life, called in sick and slept all day.

Now I had to go out and shovel snow a bunch so I could get firewood and also so I can order food delivery BECAUSE IM TOO SICK TO GO OUT AND BUY FOOD.

Thanks, climate change. Love getting 30 cm of snow at the end of April.(30 cm of snow didn't need shoveling. The 1 m in front of my door and in front of the wood shed that the plough left did.)

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

3D Megadoodoo posted:

My lungs are rattling and I keep coughing up my life, called in sick and slept all day.

Now I had to go out and shovel snow a bunch so I could get firewood and also so I can order food delivery BECAUSE IM TOO SICK TO GO OUT AND BUY FOOD.

Thanks, climate change. Love getting 30 cm of snow at the end of April.(30 cm of snow didn't need shoveling. The 1 m in front of my door and in front of the wood shed that the plough left did.)

At least you're still getting snow...

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Volmarias posted:

At least you're still getting snow...

Global warming is probably gonna make it really cold up here and its probably gonna be fast.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

that is one of those interesting ones, in that i've been told it for 30+ years, and for sure ocean currents will change, but are models actually on point for this?

sound like some kind of denier now, but where warming is an indisputable unidirectional thing that's happening the gulf stream is unstable fluid dynamics poo poo. i specifically take some interest as i can and would change my plans for life based on how sure such projections are

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

spinal injection scheduled for 5/10. neurosurgeon put in orders for an injection at c5/c6, the pain management doctor that's doing the injection said it's for c7/t1, so i gotta find out what the gently caress is going on there

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Branch Nvidian posted:

spinal injection scheduled for 5/10. neurosurgeon put in orders for an injection at c5/c6, the pain management doctor that's doing the injection said it's for c7/t1, so i gotta find out what the gently caress is going on there

I'd demand at least a 9/10 injection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Branch Nvidian posted:

turns out for all cervical spine injections the c7/t1 location is the preferred spot due to safety concerns