Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

knox_harrington posted:

it's my birthday tomorrow. somewhere in my 40s!

i've forgotten my age more than once since i hit my 40s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Cold on a Cob posted:

Sorry about your early onset dementia

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

mystes posted:

Sorry about your early onset dementia

hell yeah, can't wait for forget all this poo poo

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

i'll be 37 next week. i had to do some quick math to determine how old i am

also, has beeftweeter said any more about how their tms treatment is going?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Cold on a Cob posted:

I have just found it too depressing to track. I'm over 40 but under 50, so pick a number, it's all the same.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i had food poisoning or some kind of stomach bug on sunday and man those things really wreck me.

last time i got one of those was in my mid-20s and i slept for 24 hours straight (with bathroom breaks ofc).

i think i pretty much would have done the same thing but i kept having heart palpitations and my arms were going numb just laying down on my bed. my arms felt like lead. i actually went to the hospital after chatting with my insurance's nurses line because of the palpitations.

of course it was just my anxiety :sludgepal:

once i got home i layed down in my bed with the lights on and i couldn't be bothered to go turn them off.

last time i picked up a food aversion to dill (since i had been eating dill crackers before getting sick) and now it's sour cream and onion chips. just revolting now.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I lifted weights too hard last week and pinched a nerve in my shoulder that makes my right arm numb (pins & needles) for a few minutes at a time.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Video Nasty posted:

I lifted weights too hard last week and pinched a nerve in my shoulder that makes my right arm numb (pins & needles) for a few minutes at a time.

Ugh that’s the worst. My right bicep still hurts sometimes from doing a switch grip deadlift incorrectly like a year and a half ago

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

if you are in your 30s you should just shuddup about feeling old.

I gradauted highscool 30 years ago, my beard is 90% gray, I have progessive lenses.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

axolotl farmer posted:

if you are in your 30s you should just shuddup about feeling old.

I gradauted highscool 30 years ago, my beard is 90% gray, I have progessive lenses.

ok but have u considered that I just finished posting a lot about Costco in cjs

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Eeyo posted:

last time i picked up a food aversion to dill (since i had been eating dill crackers before getting sick) and now it's sour cream and onion chips. just revolting now.

wtf, both of those things are great. how dare you

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

costco's not an age thing, its a class thing

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

costco's not an age thing, its a class thing

they sell a ton of stuff that don’t require a giant pantry and chest freezer nowadays tho

like yeah 2 or 3 years ago definitely, but Sam’s club doesn’t have that connotation and the same argument could be made about it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Sam’s club doesn’t have that connotation

it absolutely does lol

anyways i'm not a costco hater or anything. i think they should fix their business model to where you dont have to pay a hundred dollars a year or w/e to shop there though. if it was just a normal store i'd probably go all the time

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
tell ya what. ill get a costco one day pass and go check it out and if i'm wrong, i'll post "i'm a big dumb stupid head and costco owns" and buy a membership.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Costco just opened in Sweden, one location so far. Never been.

ooh, that's a good price for twelve pounds of nutmeg.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

nice! yeah like if you just buy milk, meat, sandwich bread, and that’s all you get there in a year, you’ll have earned enough in cash back to cover the cost of your membership.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I love Costco

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
hell it pays for itself many times over just in gas savings

its like 30 cents cheaper than most places these days

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

knox_harrington posted:

wow I think I'm sick, bit of a viral respiratory infection. first time since 2019. this sucks!

gonna take some paracetamol and maybe one of my emergency xanax

gently caress, I did a test and it's covid. managed to avoid it for 4 years.

one of the guys I had to stay with me last week was coughing quite a bit :smith: cheers buddy

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

hope you feel better and it’s not so bad for you.

for me covid was just a day or two of fever and some congestion.

but the common cold i caught 2 months before that i had a persistent cough for a week and i strained a rib from coughing so much.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

knox_harrington posted:

one of the guys I had to stay with me last week was coughing quite a bit :smith: cheers buddy

please get lots of rest (important!) and try not to over-exert yourself for the next couple days because it will wreck you in the longrun.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

hope you feel better soon, knox; covid hosed me up twice and I’m still dealing with the effects 4 years later

I picked up something on a work trip this week and now I have what I think might be an ear infection like I’m a loving pre-schooler

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

thanks guys ❤️

I've got drawn into some very annoying meetings today despite being "off sick". need to get off this computer.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
get some paxlovid if you can

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Just saw the doc & I think I got a new kidney stone developing. picking up some antibiotics just in case it's just a UTI then getting a scan this afternoon

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Just saw the doc & I think I got a new kidney stone developing. picking up some antibiotics just in case it's just a UTI then getting a scan this afternoon

i had chronic kidney stone issues before, and eventually had an operation to pulverize them and have them extracted. when one is passing though i would just drink as much water as i could stand and walk laps around my apartment until it either passed or got so bad i had to have actual medical intervention

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

have u tried: 6er of Miller lite

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

achevement unlocked: increased the default text size in awful.app

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

have u tried: 6er of Miller lite

they already said they were drinking water

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

installed security cameras at my workshop and upon reviewing the footage for the first time, discovered i have a bald spot forming. yey.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

time to bic it

mystes
May 31, 2006

outhole surfer posted:

installed security cameras at my workshop and upon reviewing the footage for the first time, discovered i have a bald spot forming. yey.
I think you might have accidentally installed insecurity cameras

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

knox_harrington posted:

if youre otherwise healthy & had your shots, covid most likely wont be bad. just a flu, 99.99999% of the time

but you should kill that guy anyway

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

outhole surfer posted:

lmao owned

i get my hair cut by my sister & she hasnt mentioned a bald spot yet but well see if/when she feels its necessary. fwiw she did mention my first grey hairs

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

mystes posted:

I think you might have accidentally installed insecurity cameras

lool

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

claiming the quadraginta

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Carthag Tuek posted:

claiming the quadraginta

postaga
postaja

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Branch Nvidian posted:

postaga
postaja

ART post / postering
PRN poster (present)
PRN postede (past)
PRN har postet (present perfect?)
*PRN var i sit postende es [past participle? it isnt really used in danish, but this phrasing is the closest i can get]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

ugh yep it's another god damned kidney stone :cripes: :cry: