Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

This universe is a simulation designed to torture Spurs fans in creative ways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
The greatest league in the world (same team wins it forever now because of money)

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Her Dryer posted:

The greatest league in the world (same team wins it forever now because of money)

Someone get Man City to buy Harry Kane

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

one
two

two arsenal title campaigns ruined by unai emery

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
unpleasant

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Her Dryer posted:

all of these seasons will be nullified due to white collar crimes

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Starbucks posted:

Someone get Man City to buy Harry Kane

lmao

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

FullLeatherJacket posted:

all of these seasons will be nullified due to white collar crimes

They will just do more crimes to make sure that doesn't happen, OP

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Bea Nanner posted:

unpleasant

turn your monitor on

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Excellent ebening

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

The Kingfish posted:

This universe is a simulation designed to torture Spurs fans in creative ways

Imagine the spurs fan who finds Arsenal losing an important match torture, truly a hosed up individual

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Awful, awful second half performance and sluggish the whole game. Jesus's pace is completely gone.

Jorginho should have come on much earlier but I think arteta was focused on Wednesday. My only hope is this means spurs have to go all out against city to secure 4th.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Bea Nanner posted:

unpleasant

Time to log off for a bit yeah

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
you've been deluding yourself if you thought that anyone else but city were going to win the prem

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Hope is a good thing actually

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
hope is a four-letter word

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
just got back from the spurs womens fa cup semi against leicester did anything happen.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
In 2015/16, when all the usual top teams had a worse than average run and Arsenal still couldn't win the league despite being the only team to take 6 points from the eventual champions.

That's it, there's no final clause. It is a complete sentence about the nature of this club.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
the death stars in gear now *pulis laugh*

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Imagine the spurs fan who finds Arsenal losing an important match torture, truly a hosed up individual

Arsenal dropping three points = win

AV picking up 3 points = fail

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Arsenal need a left winger. they should sign Mbappe

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
The loss isn't his fault but God drat it Arsenal need a upgrade from zinchenko. Weakest starter by far.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Everyone just looked really off it today, when they didn't get anywhere by trying to beat Martinez at his front post in the first half it's like nobody had any ideas left

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I think the squad is just running on empty. We didn't pick up injuries to force rotation, so we didn't really rotate our squad, which results in an exhausted squad. There is no way we were going to keep up with 2 games a week in this final stretch. We were always going to drop points multiple times in the final run in. Spurs have a 15 day break between their last game and the game against us. We will have played 4 games in that period.

We have to hope for a miracle against Bayern. The league is over. Not only will City not drop any points, we are going to drop points in at least 2 of our remaining 6 games.

The silver lining is that the City 4-peat is going to really sting for united fans, and Klopp gets to hold an open top bus parade with just the Carabao Cup.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TyrantWD posted:

The silver lining is that the City 4-peat is going to really sting for united fans

It really doesn't at all

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Shrapnig posted:

It really doesn't at all

what about the double treble

aka the pepple

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
I'm not a Man Utd fan, but if I were I'd probably find it easier to swallow if a doped-to-the-gills, perma-asterisked oil-club like City won the dub-treb rather than a proper team like Liverpool.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

TyrantWD posted:

The silver lining is that the City 4-peat is going to really sting for united fans, and Klopp gets to hold an open top bus parade with just the Carabao Cup.

I'd care a lot if Arsenal, Liverpool, Leeds or Newcastle won. City winning doesn't really register.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Yeah I don't think anyone takes Man City winning anything seriously.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's the closing stages of the season and Everton once again find themselves fighting for survival, this means they are going to beat Chelsea.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
I say give them another points reduction

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Awful, awful second half performance and sluggish the whole game. Jesus's pace is completely gone.

Jorginho should have come on much earlier but I think arteta was focused on Wednesday. My only hope is this means spurs have to go all out against city to secure 4th.

I didn't realise Jesus only has 4 league goals this season, that's pretty diabolical.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

When he's on form he's an assist machine, and he's been good for us in the CL, but his finishing this season in the league has been terrible.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Remember you used to be able to lose more than like 2 games and win the league. That was good

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I remember losing zero games and winning the league OP

...over 20 years ago :negative:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

c0burn posted:

Remember you used to be able to lose more than like 2 games and win the league. That was good

it was nice when you could be fallible and still win the league

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Thanks Ants posted:

I remember losing zero games and winning the league OP

...over 20 years ago :negative:

You could have lost a few though

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
See also the championship where it will be a three way tie at the end of the season with each team on 90+ points. Feel like poo poo just want the league to be wrapped up by easter

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

c0burn posted:

You could have lost a few though

Wouldn't have the Wenger statue with the curiously long arms if that had happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Simiain posted:

I'm not a Man Utd fan, but if I were I'd probably find it easier to swallow if a doped-to-the-gills, perma-asterisked oil-club like City won the dub-treb rather than a proper team like Liverpool.

This seems to be the overriding feeling online among all fan groups (to the extent that matters).

It's maddening that the clubs in the Premier League seem unwilling to act in a way that protects the league's long term viability, but everyone seems to hate their more historical rivals way more than they hate City. Until other clubs besides Arsenal or Liverpool lose the league by 1-2 points on a repeated basis, I don't know if that will ever change. I also don't see how any monetary penalty is ever going to have a deterrent effect unless it's coupled with a sporting penalty (like outright revoking trophies), but again, I feel like an old man yelling at a cloud since the parties with actual power don't seem to give a poo poo.

I'm less mad today than I was yesterday about the Poo losing to Palace they way they did, but I'm still sad. Copium is hard to come by right now.