Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

vyelkin posted:

having trouble deciding which would be funnier, a chelsea collapse or a spurs collapse

Stamford Bridge sinking into another dimension

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

vyelkin posted:

having trouble deciding which would be funnier, a chelsea collapse or a spurs collapse

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

vyelkin posted:

Chels have seen too much success recently. Wins? Get out of here. Spurs are humbled enough for now, so this needs to be their win IMO for maximum lols.

However, on derby day all us neutrals are winners, unless it is an incredible borefest

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Would like to see Villa get Champions League football tbh

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

I'm in the mood for a chaotic 4-4 that leaves both sides feeling unsatisfied and exhausted

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

Would like to see Villa get Champions League football tbh

I'm sure they won't need Chelsea's help

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
spurs also have like one win at stamford bridge ever lol

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
already many lols just in that one attack

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao again

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
mudryk immediately follows this up, shaping up to be v. funny

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I will always lol at spurs conceding

e: and here comes VAR to run the fun.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lol at the incredibly blurry frames they use to claim offside lines are objective

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Let's try and pinpoint the moment the ball was kicked with some dogshit low framerate cameras

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm glad the Premier League still doesn't know how to use VAR

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
remember when they were like oh yeah VAR is just for overturning clear and obvious errors and we don't want the VAR to re-referee the game? lol

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ange is going to manage an Aussie Rules team in protest at VAR

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Ange screaming at his players? :letsgo:

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Genuinely sad seeing how bad Spurs have been the last few months, even Ange is losing it on the touch line which isn’t like him

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I think they're embarrassed to actually say "too close to call, ruling on the field stands." It feels like they figure if it goes to VAR they must provide a definitive answer, even if it's wrong. Same thing where when they call the ref to the screen he almost always changes the call when it's supposed to be "here's more information we have"

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Spurs have broken everyone's best mate Ange

And it's truly impressive how bang average Mudryk is

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i sometimes think about going to help some colleagues at work on the computer and writing in psychic agony at seeing how bad they are at using a mouse and keyboard

and i suspect every single VAR guy is like those colleagues

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Romero will have wanted to score from four yards out

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
how does romero keep missing those

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Nuclear Spoon posted:

i sometimes think about going to help some colleagues at work on the computer and writing in psychic agony at seeing how bad they are at using a mouse and keyboard

and i suspect every single VAR guy is like those colleagues

Our first line team have spent the past three weeks trying to get people to set up MFA on their phones, at least 25% of them downloaded the wrong Authenticator app despite the documentation having a link and a QR code

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
It's incredible how bad mudryk is

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
good free kick, chelsea

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's not a classic is it

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

It's not a classic is it

Putting the "rear end" in classic

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
mudryk's hair is awful and among footballers that's really saying something

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

sourdough posted:

It's incredible how bad mudryk is

Good thing Chelsea signed him on a 37 year contract, nimbly avoiding FFP sanctions and getting one over on Arsenal in the process

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ange is going to give everyone a booting at halftime

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
a firm digeridoo across the cheeks i reckon

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
I follow a lot of different ball sports (Tennis, Rugby, Cricket) that have some form of technology or someone in a studio with a pint watching it.

Cricket has generally got the best system in that it has a system that is mostly automated around a wicket where it checks it is in line, not high, hitting stumps etc and if too close it goes to umpire call. They also have checks to ensure the ball did not ground before catching and that is all pretty straightforward. I think the complexity is less for this than football as you have a static area and then it’s just zooming in with a camera and checking frames for hit ground or not.

Tennis just has Hawkeye which is similar to the Hawkeye which is in football which says if a goal goes over the line, again about as simple and things like the Lampard goal would be allowed by this - nice and good.

Rugby is the most similar to VAR, the TMO and referee communication is broadcast which I feel would be a good step, there isn’t much around drawing lines and stuff but if something like passing forward was done prior to a try this would be given as a reason not to award it.

Off-side calls I feel are the one which is a bit crap and honestly we can do it better with technology and footwear and reduce off-side to the foot, that way it can be done immediately. Things like checking fouls done by VAR and only on the result of a goal.

And also simplify the hand ball rule, that’s poo poo currently - like Spurs.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
second half fc pls

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The only thing I was interested in out of the last world cup was that connected ball, having the inertia sensor gives you the exact reference point for hawkeye to work out automatic offsides, who touched the ball last to determine corners vs. goal kicks etc. But it went nowhere other than putting out all the data to deny Ronaldo a goal, which is funny.

E: Mudryk lmao

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 20:41 on May 2, 2024

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
lmaodryk

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
mykhailol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
cole palmer more like lol palmer

Adbot