Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

TheBigAristotle posted:

How is Billing still on the field

It's a conspiracy OP

Villa have had about one really good finish and a heap of poo poo ones, theyre gonna need to learn to score goals if they want to win games IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

kcer posted:

2nd game of the season and we get humped by a promoted, albeit decent, side

Can't remember ever going 3-0 down so easily under Rafa, not even to the big teams

I'm obviously melting down but I reckon we're hosed under Bruce

tbf I bet your squad is pretty demoralized which would explain their quick capitulation

Imagine losing Rafa after he's worked well with you for years because the club doesn't want to spend some money strengthening the squad and instead you have to play for Steve Bruce whose every idea of managing was probably picked up from Roy of the Rovers

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
This James kid has looked kinda poo poo going forward but his defensive sprints have actually been very helpful on United's right, guessing he got the spot over Pereira for that reason alone. Has snuffed out and delayed a few counter opportunities that way, and a sprinter to protect AWB and Lindelöf from overlaps is probably exactly what they need against a team like Wolves.

But really though, very poo poo up front.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
We've seen Walcott doing that poo poo for 13 years now

Feels like it was just yesterday he missed his first chance...dribbled it over the touchline after sprinting across the pitch...time flies by when you're old

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
not sure how not a single Everton leg stopped that between the Villa half and it trickling over the line but ok

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Hopefully the weekend continues at pace

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

You're replacing one clown with another. That's not an improvement

Lol Ceballos as it turns out it's a lot harder being creative against a good team rather than loving Burnley

A certain team from Manchester can tell you all about the value of being able to create against teams like Burnley tbf

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
As long as VAR keeps not giving penalties to big teams that I don't want to get penalties it's a good system in my book who cares if it's 'correct' or 'useful'

Granted it didn't make a difference in the City game but 2/3 ain't bad this weekend assuming Spurs don't score two

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

pik_d posted:

But what happens when it doesn't give a penalty do a team that you do want to get a penalty?

it's poo poo

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

like Spurs

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
At some point during the first 10 minutes I thought this might turn into a decent game and well long story short I'm at this time not considering a future career at the stock market

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
What's the deal with clear error in VAR anyway, is this just a myth? Is it just to overrule a ref's decision, so any offside where the ref doesn't blow the whistle but can take his time after play has stopped can be called back for anything since the ref hasn't ruled yet, but e.g. giving/not giving a penalty is a decision the ref has to make actively and therefore the standard for overruling the ref is higher?

The lack of clarity and consistency is gonna fell VAR at this rate.

e: will say I approve of anything that fucks up big teams on principle though so right now It's Okay

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

The myth is that clear and obvious applies to ALL VAR decisions, which it doesn't. Offside is an objective decision that VAR will rule out. The new mad rule about handballs is the same. The clear and obvious bit primarily relates to red cards and penalties.

Makes sense then. Although with the decision as narrow as that (compare for example King's offside goal yesterday which was extremely tight but still very visible) it's somewhat hard to even accept the idea of the replay analysis returning an 'objectively' correct call - the PC can't compute angle/perspective to that extent AFAIK so you still rely on the video refs eyes to determine if it really is or isn't offside.

E: The bigger issue is even if the VAR system can in fact 100% accurately determine if it's offside or not in that situation, you're going to have a good number of fans simply not believing it because they don't trust/know poo poo about the system and don't accept it anyway. Whereas GLT is very intuitive and simple to understand really even for technologically challenged 65-year-olds.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

brasstassels posted:

You are describing one christian eriksen

Zidane and/or Florentino didn't want him and it broke him

Now he shuffles around a desiccated husk with no lights on, spirit already departed the realm of us mortals

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Wanted to watch Burnley - Norwich but didn't see a decent stream so settled for City after all

Not very interesting this unless they can beat the record for goals scored or something

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
'''The SU''' (trademarked nickname that is far better than the Blades, please contact me for rights to use) could get something here if they'd stop letting their counters run out into gently caress all once they reach Liverpool's box.

Not a lot of defending so far from the pool backs

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
For a half with two bad defenses and at least one theoretically good set of strikers it sure was a toothless display

E: Actually Sheffield United's active defending wasn't that bad, it was more their giving it away in very inconvenient spaces at very unfortunate times AFTER the decent defending that was Very Bad

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
lmao what a goal

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
King must be very conflicted on VAR overturning the ref's offside decisions at this point

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

EC10 posted:

what qualifications have enabled marco silva to have three premier league manager jobs? is there a bigger fraud in the league at the moment?

TBF Solskjaer is on #2 somehow.

Although he did manage to impersonate a PL manager for a while in order to get this one on a non-temp basis

E: I wonder if there's any manager with a bigger difference between PPG as temp manager and PPG as permanent manager of the same club

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

Lol if that completely unnecessary diving header was offside

Didn't look it but also my first thought

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Ashley might want to hire bodyguards proficient in beating up overweight middle-aged men for the foreseeable future

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I was 10 minutes late so this is only for the last 20: Spurs look absolute garbagefire.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Absolutely deserved

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Blinkz0rz posted:

This isn't even funny anymore it's just sad

Very bad post imo

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Chelsea have looked better than I expected since the 4 - 0 loss to United, but I'm sure Lampard is still very thankful that the rest of the top 6 'contenders' are so loving bad there's no time for the media to criticize him

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Spurs today looked like United but with even worse defending

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Woy is a genius

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Walcott: the man run fast and lose ball

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Do Liverpool automatically turn poo poo when they step onto the Old Trafford pitch?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
tbf united often defend well in the 1st half and then fall apart and concede in the second while never scoring

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
As a neutral not sure whether the game or this thread is more entertaining today, quality stuff

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Sheffield United will be disappointed at not having extended their lead yet

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Perfect place and time for a Redknapp comeback

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
This game is a little sad (unless you support Leicester or hate the Saints)

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Ok after tragedy it does kind of swing back to comedy at this point lol 19 minutes played

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
This is some impressively gormless Southampton play, I've seen a lot of poo poo teams this year but not sure any giving so little fight in every duel

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Southampton should be pity-relegated at the end of the game imo

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Every time Ashley Young plays I for some reason expect him to be better than he is, like my brain doesn't pay attention to the fact it's 2019 not 2010

I mean I still expect him to be bad but lol is there a worse fullback in the prem at tackling wingers?