Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Great defending Arsenal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Burnley keeper will have wanted to do better there.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Got dang what a goal from Pukki!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It is worth noting that Pukki in English is GOAT.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Apparently that was Martial's 50th goal for United.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Stop letting Pogba take penalties already ffs

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lingard's been bad.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Carrier posted:

didnt rashford score a pen last week why did pogba take it

Yeah great question!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Not a great performance, that. United won't be the only team to drop points away at Wolves though.

E: how the gently caress is Jon Moss a premier league referee though? Jesus christ the man's a joke.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It's easy to point fingers at Pogba's penalty miss, and tbf he shouldn't be taking them if Rashford is on the pitch, but what the gently caress was Lingard doing again all match long? He completely fluffed a very good opportunity in addition to generally being poo poo once again. The highlight was his last act in the game: receiving a throw-in and mishitting immediately back out again for a Wolves throw-in.

It's gonna be a long loving season with him and Mata as United's no 10 choices...

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

blue footed boobie posted:

They sold Lukaku and are in the process of selling Sanchez. So yep that’s it.

It's worth noting that both of those names are extremely bad attacking options.

E:

On Lingard.

https://twitter.com/oilysailor/status/1163543959412629504

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Aug 20, 2019

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jose posted:

its weird that lukaku not scoring all the goals in a poo poo man utd team has somehow made people think he's a bad striker

It's more Lukaku putting on a ton of weight, missing a million blatant sitters, being as mobile as a concrete pylon and generally having the workrate of a dead horse.

In his day Lukaku was amazing, and could still be if he pulls his thumb out and puts in the work again. It's obvious he wasn't willing to do that at United, and therefore he's a bad striking option for United.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Eau de MacGowan posted:

the #pogboom mutiny has already begun a month ahead of schedule, united are #pogdoomed

Apparently a bunch of geniuses on Twitter and Instagram decided that doing a massive racism at him was just the thing.

It's 2019 ffs.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Get hosed Chelsea
Get hosed Fat Frank

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Isn't the ref supposed to force a stop in the game only when a head injury occurs?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

sassassin posted:

Ref can stop the game whenever he wants.

Yeah I'm sure he can, but that still seems pretty strange to just blow it off right in the middle of a Norwich attack which is why I was wondering if the rules now state that the game has to be stopped when a player is down, or if he just decided on his own.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Very entertaining game though. I have a feeling Norwich will do pretty well this season.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I love Solskjaer's manc English with a Norwegian accent speech. Earlier in the game they clearly had a mic a bit close to Ole.

"Rashy [something]... FOOKING 'HELL!"

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

For gently caress's sake no, not Gashley Young.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Welp, nice defending Lindelöf.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Brilliant idea not to get any cover for left back.

But I mean to be fair to Woodward, who could've foreseen Luke Shaw getting injured?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jesus loving christ, wake up you absolute weapons.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So Martial is clear through on goal and gets taken out at the edge of the box. A foul is called ... and the ref gives a yellow? How is that not a red?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah. That's the problem. When teams park the bus against United (as they invariably will), the team have no idea what to do about it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hopefully a VERY long suspension.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The refereeing has been atrocious.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

sebzilla posted:

True but they're not being paid £420k a week

Also Lukaku was an actual dressing room cancer, who among other things leaked confidential club information on Instagram because he didn't like people saying he was slow and out of shape.

Then he went to Italy and was told he was too fat to play.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Wow, turns out Paul Tierney DOES know what a penalty is!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

W

E

L

P

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jesus christ, gently caress off Paul Tierney. James kicked in the knee, gets a yellow for diving.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

GOD drat what a shot from James :swoon:

And that buildup

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Are they singing "James will tear you apart again"?

julian assflange posted:

Matt James is a good lad who means well. gently caress Paul Pogba.

That goal wouldn't have been scored without Pogba.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

United's afternoon in microcosm: second minute of added time going on, Young and Lindelöf just passing the ball back and forth between themselves at the halfway line.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

De Gea would have liked to have done better there.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shrapnig posted:

Lindelof has lost his goddamn mind.

Yeah what the gently caress happened to him? He was great last season, but now he's constantly making amateur mistakes.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shrapnig posted:

United converted a penalty.

I repeat, United converted a penalty.

I wonder what exciting excuse racist United supporters will find tonight for abusing Rashford on Twitter/Instagram?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

That's a second very hard and borderline challenge from Ndidi already, maybe card him you loving muppet.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ndidi should probably be off already but he wasn't carded even for elbowing Mata in the face. PL refereeing.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Not a good game of football but I'll take 3 points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shrapnig posted:

United’s midfield flows better without Pogba trying to do 69 roulettes every match.

Play Pogba as the number 10. Put McTominay and $EXCEPTION(DEFENSIVE_MIDFIELDER_NOT_FOUND) behind him and I think that'll sort 70% of United's problems right there.

Fred looked ... I dunno, not HORRIBLE yesterday? Certainly an upgrade over Matic who looks more and more lost by the day.