Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
we've got 4 loving defenders on the bench again, we've got double cover for full back and centre back, and 1 attack minded sub

against norwich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
2nd game of the season and we get humped by a promoted, albeit decent, side

Can't remember ever going 3-0 down so easily under Rafa, not even to the big teams

I'm obviously melting down but I reckon we're hosed under Bruce

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Shammypants posted:

Don’t tell this guy most Americans don’t follow pulisic or think he’ll be successful, let him live in blissful ignorance

patently false

my sample size is this forum

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
lukaku can finish and he's strong but boy is his control and passing absolute garbage

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Bastaman Vibration posted:

I remember when Longstaff used to not be poo poo

what the gently caress?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
jesus christ dean is dire

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
to be clear, for both teams, he's absolutely dire

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
bet the twat gives 6 mins of extra time too

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
obviously for all those injuries that spurs didn't kick the ball out for

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Backdoor Delivery posted:

Why even bother with the VAR check if they're just going to defer to the referee's original judgement call of no penalty? Martial yesterday, Silva and Kane today...waste of time imo. Are they afraid of undermining their fellow poo poo refs?

probs because all our refs are shite, and have been for years

i wonder how well it's going in other countries because there's no way they can be as shite as we are

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
lol bruce flukes a win against spurs in which lucas should have almost certainly scored twice, kane should have had a pen, and we had 15% possession

but rafa is poo poo now, ok

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Shrapnig posted:

Are you arguing that your new manager got you three points away from Spurs and that's a bad thing?

how could you possibly get to this stupid line of thinking?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

CyberPingu posted:

You know refs have to go through a fitness test every summer right?

tell me more

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
please stop trying to tell me phil dowd has a reasonable physique for refereeing elite athletes, stop it

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
phil dowd actually got so bad he failed the fitness test we're talking about

but keep going

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

tao of lmao posted:

Taking the piss as you get more and more angry about this for some reason, but keep going.

aye you're just pretending to be retarded xd

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
omg gently caress off liverpool omg

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Shrapnig posted:

That was hilariously bad defending by TAA.

lol ok

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Shrapnig posted:

I’m not taking anything away from the finish but TAA’s body shape was so bad that he got bamboozled by the slowest dragback of all time.

if he'd blazed that over the bar you'd be saying that's good experienced defending, let him shoot on his week foot from there all day

it's about as insightful commentary as saying oh that was a bad pen when they miss it

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

ZeeBoi posted:

lol thassa pen

the refs are poo poo

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Shrapnig posted:

You’re also arguing with me about defending on a goal your team scored, what the gently caress are you on about?

i can be objective? try it some time

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Shrapnig posted:

You’re also objectively wrong so there’s that.

there's not an ironicat big enough for this post

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
dubravka actually owns so i can forgive him a mistake now and then, but it's gonna be a cricket score after half time

might have been able to hang on for a draw otherwise but no chance we're scoring again

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
if newcastle were a better team and liverpool a worse one, i think we might have won that game

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I can’t believe what I’m watching, this is shocking, the own goal is unfortunate but the entire build up is amateur hour

we're boned

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
keen observation there from the commentator that ayoze perez made the right choice by leaving newcastle

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

blue footed boobie posted:

Rafa hasn’t been a good manager for a decade and has made his recent career off of falling out with the ownership. It’s why he went to Newcastle in the first place and also why no big clubs were in for him when he left Newcastle. He’s a clown.

what big clubs should have approached him when he was available?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

blue footed boobie posted:

None. He’s a turd who’s been turning in bad performances for a decade and walking down the ladder in terms of prestige until he wound up managing in China. Why would a big club want him?

think what you were trying to say is that when rafa was available no "big" clubs needed a manager, but if it plays into your weird fantasy of rafa being a poo poo manager then get in lad

fact is if rafa was in charge of this team we wouldn't have been turned over 5-0. even in games where we had players sent off under rafa we never looked as poo poo as we have under bruce, and never did we get turned over by such a scoreline, and certainly nowt like the 3-1 battering we had to a newly promoted side a few games ago

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
ugh gently caress why did i look it up

i dunno why sports injuries don't generally phase me but a hyper-extension freaks me the gently caress out

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
code:
     /$$$$$$$   /$$$$$$   /$$$$$$   /$$$$$$  /$$   /$$ /$$$$$$ /$$$$$$$$ /$$$$$$$$ /$$$$$$$ 
    | $$__  $$ /$$__  $$ /$$__  $$ /$$__  $$| $$  | $$|_  $$_/|__  $$__/| $$_____/| $$__  $$
    | $$  \ $$| $$  \ $$| $$  \ $$| $$  \__/| $$  | $$  | $$     | $$   | $$      | $$  \ $$
    | $$$$$$$/| $$  | $$| $$  | $$|  $$$$$$ | $$$$$$$$  | $$     | $$   | $$$$$   | $$  | $$
    | $$____/ | $$  | $$| $$  | $$ \____  $$| $$__  $$  | $$     | $$   | $$__/   | $$  | $$
    | $$      | $$  | $$| $$  | $$ /$$  \ $$| $$  | $$  | $$     | $$   | $$      | $$  | $$
    | $$      |  $$$$$$/|  $$$$$$/|  $$$$$$/| $$  | $$ /$$$$$$   | $$   | $$$$$$$$| $$$$$$$/
    |__/       \______/  \______/  \______/ |__/  |__/|______/   |__/   |________/|_______/

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

EC10 posted:

i did some research and it looks like newcastle united are in sixteenth place in the league

big if true

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
big fan of neville saying the defence should have been 2-3 yards higher for the 2nd free kick, in effect allowing the entire villa team to stand directly in front of dubravka all alone, played onside by the wall

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

TheBigAristotle posted:

Grealish should stay at Villa. Most clubs that would buy him would tuck him in a drawer for safekeeping. He should embrace being a talisman

lol what the gently caress are you on about

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Jose posted:

carroll is starting :siren:

going by phrases uttered by commentators over the years, "he's a big lad, he's a talented footballer and he's a handful if he's fit" could be the tagline of the premier league at this point

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
ah gently caress i was gonna put a bet on him and almiron to score today because i'm an idiot, but maybe not

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
haha that's the funniest goal i've ever seen

holy gently caress var

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
saint maximin owns and it's gonna break my heart when someone shite like arsenal takes him off us

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
joelinton is riviere in disguise

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
carroll and shelvey, the most dangerous strike partnership

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU