Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

:nice:

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

:thanks:

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
The early pages of the lf thread had some quality lib takes

Jewel Repetition posted:

Homework Explainer posted:

it does, but hey who's this guy marx anyway? he's dead now. shows how much he knows

Isn't that the guy whose ideas caused every country that tried them to go to hell?

Jewel Repetition posted:

Liberal democracies wage a lot less war, especially with each other, than any other political system.

Yudo posted:

^^^Trump over Stalin for sure.

You are desperately trying to minimize the calculated and cruel murder of millions of people because it makes your politics look bad.

LGD posted:

I don't really care that people all make the "right" choices, you don't really care that you're advocating a system that produces food that is worse than we feed to our pets. I'm pretty ok with where I stand on this issue.

As opposed to the robust history of successful implementation, lack of political infighting, and non-abuse that we've seen in countries that have adopted centralized food production and distribution systems? Politics exists, it is a thing, and the notion that we will achieve communism and history will end in a perfect stasis is actively delusional. Personally I think the system that produces high quality foods and consumer goods that offer people choice is the one that will prove more resilient vs. a centralized system oriented around making sure everyone gets an equal portion of the "right" stuff. History would seem to back me up here, since it has been the hyrbid democratic-capitalist nations that have buried all the attempts at communism while delivering a higher standard of living to the average citizen.

I mean your central complaint right now is that capitalism is making our poorest too fat. It's true, and a social problem we need to address but lol

fishmech posted:

Contrary to popular complete misunderstanding, very few Americans are simultaneously overweight (or even normal weight) and lacking in any nutrients. Americans with nutritional deficiencies are primarily those who are extremely poor and can't get enough food to become fat, usually due to being barred from food aid systems for one reason or another (typically, homelessness). Other people likely in America to be nutritionally deprived: anorexic people (for obvious reasons) and vegans (almost always because of B12).

Good day.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pretty much every post by Jewel Repetition fits in this thread

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Breakfast All Day posted:

i have a lot of respect for the corncobbed knee benders who are now all fully radicalized. it takes a lot of courage to suck so much rear end and then admit how much rear end you sucked. semper fidel

yeah except most of these middle class pieces of trash havent changed their opinions at all, they just got better at saying insanely reactionary poo poo with updated window dressing. see: how many people that post here still believe in consumer focused environmentalism because we 'cant stop corporations', believing that all we have to do is get that orange motherfucker out of office!!, if we just ban people from buying guns somehow people will stop dying from them (except for some reason the fact the death by cop is in the top 10 for causes of death in the US so...), that laws are fair and can fix stuff in our broken rear end hegemony, etc.

maybe I'm just reading too much into it and they're just trying to come up with immediate goals instead of the end goal of breaking the power of the ruling class and instituting a classless society but it makes me think of how after Obama got elected and tons of people online basically went 'alright boys, time to go home. The fascism is gone now'. Worked real loving well last time lol

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Right. Those shillarypeople didn't change their fundamental beliefs. Their ideology is tribalism, and aesthetic posturing. Just different memes

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Calibanibal posted:

Right. Those shillarypeople didn't change their fundamental beliefs. Their ideology is tribalism, and aesthetic posturing. Just different memes

this but uncalibanibally

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

my posts have not improved over time, and they will never improve in the future. i swear this on my posting honor

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

"was"?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/pbump/status/802398529532600320

lol

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

The early pages of the lf thread

fun fact, getfiscal has a post in there from when it was the psl thread

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

less terrible does not mean not terrible

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i remember having to argue to save people from being banned for saying gusano lol

how the hell is it a racial slur?

you can just choose not to be a capitalist pig

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

The Muppets On PCP posted:

how the hell is it a racial slur?

you can just choose not to be a capitalist pig

some chud posted "actually gusano is a slur" and a bunch of people who didnt know better immediately believed it

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

to zdr's credit he retracted that probe almost immediately

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lmao

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 98 days!
im glad everything has changed. it'd be hosed up if, for example, a bunch of people got repeatedly hit on the head and just started the same cycle over and over again

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lmao at all the sexpig posts

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 98 days!
who?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Free fishmech

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

also, bring back tobleronetriangular

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Larry Parrish posted:

(except for some reason the fact the death by cop is in the top 10 for causes of death in the US so...),

How did this fake news go unchallenged, good lord

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i made this guys av and its still p good

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
nowadays i would have probably not done thebswirly blue bits, less is more

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

free sex pig

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 98 days!
who?

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
op made a really good point about 9/11 being called nine eleven when it's eleven nine in crazy american formatting many years ago and no one is talking about this???

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
think i might be rworded

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 98 days!
oh no poo poo?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

think i might be rworded

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

point taken

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

lol

glad he's banned

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

goes without saying that this subforum is still terrible

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
lol that larry is forumbanned and blinded. posts are way too reasonable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

oh lol sexpig by night is tatum

Ngl it's pretty funny to go from "oh you're glad the the rest of Cuba isn't free like Guantanamo Bay? Do better sweetie" to obsessively raving about liberal fascists in D&D

Wow you sound exactly like me from 40 months ago YOU'RE A REAL NAZI PIECE OF poo poo BUDDY