Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

VitalSigns posted:

Ngl it's pretty funny to go from "oh you're glad the the rest of Cuba isn't free like Guantanamo Bay? Do better sweetie" to obsessively raving about liberal fascists in D&D

Wow you sound exactly like me from 40 months ago YOU'RE A REAL NAZI PIECE OF poo poo BUDDY

Yeah it owns. Cspam breaks minds, and buddy, I'm here for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 98 days!
its totally normal when you realize youve been wrong your whole life to get mad at others who are still stuck in the same poo poo you just figured out. for a little while. you're supposed to continue the self-reflection tho, keep that movement going

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
1, 10, 20 years. everyone is different.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
This might be my favorite uncovering

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

croup coughfield posted:

its totally normal when you realize youve been wrong your whole life to get mad at others who are still stuck in the same poo poo you just figured out. for a little while. you're supposed to continue the self-reflection tho, keep that movement going

And yet dnd still exists.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

VitalSigns posted:

Ngl it's pretty funny to go from "oh you're glad the the rest of Cuba isn't free like Guantanamo Bay? Do better sweetie" to obsessively raving about liberal fascists in D&D

Wow you sound exactly like me from 40 months ago YOU'RE A REAL NAZI PIECE OF poo poo BUDDY

2016, and then 2020, broke a lot of posters brains

although I gotta say the way some people go on about liberals or D&D posters or whatever it's like they're more mad at their past self than the actual posters

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
If only I could edit the post history in my brain.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Dreylad posted:

although I gotta say the way some people go on about liberals or D&D posters or whatever it's like they're more mad at their past self than the actual posters

they are

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

some chud posted "actually gusano is a slur" and a bunch of people who didnt know better immediately believed it
i can't believe no one corrected you on this. gusano is absolutely a slur, it's just a good one.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

I don't remember all the details but I do remember one of the posters who got banned in the Ukraine purge had at least one post on their rap sheet where they were super psyched for President Hillary Clinton to go kill some Russians over Syria

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
some of you posted in the giant bomb thread so who are u to judge cspam

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
never really knew what giant bomb was. a video game?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

croup coughfield posted:

some people have class or professional interests that mean they will always be like that, for example the various american state department/military employees that post on this site for some reason.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Cuttlefush posted:

never really knew what giant bomb was. a video game?

A videogame podcast.

The videogame podcast

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
ugh. i loving hate podcasts

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
just use text. you can read text really fast. podcast slow as hell. at least transcribe your podcast if you're gonna have one. fuckers.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
one of the guys on that podcast died on his honeymoon from leaving his cpap machine at home

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 98 days!

Cuttlefush posted:

just use text. you can read text really fast. podcast slow as hell. at least transcribe your podcast if you're gonna have one. fuckers.

i dont do spoken word audio because the format has given rise to fascism like 11 separate times so i dont wanna get in the habit of listening to audio spoken word poo poo

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 98 days!
the medium is the message

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Cuttlefush posted:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

croup coughfield posted:

i dont do spoken word audio because the format has given rise to fascism like 11 separate times so i dont wanna get in the habit of listening to audio spoken word poo poo

lol im immune anarchist style then i guess because i cannot parse audio and retain anything in the podcast format. im podcast illiterate.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 98 days!

Cuttlefush posted:

lol im immune anarchist style then i guess because i cannot parse audio and retain anything in the podcast format. im podcast illiterate.

the top 5 political radio shows in america are all to a one fascists. hannity, levin, beck, gallagher, loesch. of the ostensibly nonpolitical ones, you get insane conservative whoppers on the regular. top podcast in america is joe rogan. similar stories for other countries. i understand audiobooks are different but i believe only marginally. i dont do spoken word at all, including audiobooks

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

vyelkin posted:

I don't remember all the details but I do remember one of the posters who got banned in the Ukraine purge had at least one post on their rap sheet where they were super psyched for President Hillary Clinton to go kill some Russians over Syria

That was a sedanchair alt if i remember my forums lore right. Like the biggest hilldawg lover and then 2016 broke their mind.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

croup coughfield posted:

Lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

croup coughfield posted:

the top 5 political radio shows in america are all to a one fascists. hannity, levin, beck, gallagher, loesch. of the ostensibly nonpolitical ones, you get insane conservative whoppers on the regular. top podcast in america is joe rogan. similar stories for other countries. i understand audiobooks are different but i believe only marginally. i dont do spoken word at all, including audiobooks

yeah i don't either. just doesn't work for me.

i did listen to art bell when he wasn't dead. definitely had poo poo politics but good bump music and i was a kid so i didnt mind.

also tried all those radio shows (and there were so many more) as a kid but just couldn't do it. glenn back was the fun one of the bunch

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

he's right

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

speech is fascist

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

tristeham posted:

speech is fascist

and writing is the opposite. you got it. that's why that one vlogger guy was evil

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

tristeham posted:

speech is fascist

get ready, it goes even deeper

how did hitler deliver his posts? big speeches. one book but everyone said it sucked.

how did marx and lenin and so on deliver their posts? almost always writing. you ever heard lenin talk? sounds terrible. nobody is listening to that poo poo.

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
free re-educated Sexpig

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
i want to ask him about the heady days of 2016

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
ah good thing I didnt this post on this forum then. my internet commie credentials are safe

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 98 days!

Turtle Watch posted:

free re-educated Sexpig

who?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
P has come to

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 98 days!
lol

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

VitalSigns posted:

i mean is not the state of the world ripe for radicalization? Not really that surprising. It took the second gulf war for me to even question that the west wasn't automatically the good guys. And things have only gotten worse and we find out new horrors every day. Weirder still are people that have somehow remained 'the answer is in the middle' style liberals. Those people will still be libs when we're living in mad max

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
living in mad max? i thought better of you..

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
but seriously, there's no reason to expect a certain timetetable on snapping out of it or some revelation you had to coincide with others. and there's no cutoff.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i'm just glad this forum has improved and now is not loving terrible, as it once was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
livin in the good times now