Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Well thank you temple guard for patiently explaining everything required to cheat yourself a way past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

That guy's just happy to be here. :haw:

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

whitehelm posted:

Where did you get this? The first link I found searching for a timeline says JMP1 is in 2318 and the other 2 in 2329. 2308 is when the Cyrollans first showed up and told Earth they had 10 years to decide whether to join the Symbiotry.

Sorry, you are correct. I was misreading an article and got the dates mixed up.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Getting interrupted by Arthur in a middle of a thought seems pretty fitting to me.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Wow, I wasn't expecting them to be using the appearance-shifting mechanic as much as they are here. Quite an interesting dimension to puzzle games that I haven't really seen before. Also, surprisingly decent acting too!

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I still feel like it wouldn't exactly time distort if some of the locals saw you in the Chameleon suit since they're all gonna get annihilated by an alien fleet in like 24 hours. :v:

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

PurpleXVI posted:

I still feel like it wouldn't exactly time distort if some of the locals saw you in the Chameleon suit since they're all gonna get annihilated by an alien fleet in like 24 hours. :v:

But they may not take well to you either, at best flee or not cooperate, at worst attack you.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Crazy Achmed posted:

Wow, I wasn't expecting them to be using the appearance-shifting mechanic as much as they are here. Quite an interesting dimension to puzzle games that I haven't really seen before. Also, surprisingly decent acting too!
I imagine that the chameleon jumpsuit wasn't intended to be quite so interaction-heavy as designed by the TSA, more for disappearing into the background among people instead of being a, you know, extremely obvious Rapidly Ripening Robbie the Robot Fat Suit. It's just that Gage has the advantage of Arthur who's good enough at assimilating information that he can relatively safely talk to people, probably using a different voice on external speakers than.

I'm also thinking the commissioner totally left the chameleon jumpsuit in an operable state on purpose, and his whole "I SHOULD ARREST YOU TOO" thing was performative. He knows his people and he knows what's up.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

In this episode, Gage explores another dock area in Atlantis and meets a couple of new people. One is very nice and extremely informative, the other person is the guy in the banner. I really hope that is clay in his hand...

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

In this episode, we explore the outskirts of El Dorado. We only came here for the gold but we stayed to see the sights and to meet the people. Including this guy who, for a brief moment, looks like he is gazing meaningfully at a painting of an eagle.

Burzmali
Oct 22, 2013
They really did include all the references didn't they.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

In this episode, we finally enter the temple and we also speak to the windmill keeper. As you can see, he's more than happy being bothered by five different people in a very short amount of time.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

From the ferryman's significantly changed mannerisms while there, I imagine they make a practical exemption to allow second-class ferrymen into the central ring, but they probably have to wait at the dock.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Fish Noise posted:

From the ferryman's significantly changed mannerisms while there, I imagine they make a practical exemption to allow second-class ferrymen into the central ring, but they probably have to wait at the dock.

Class structures in ancient times were common and extreme in their differences. A "second-class" citizen being denied entry but allowed limited entry as a "servant" makes sense for the time, unfortunately.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

In this episode, we reach the end of our journey in Atlantis and start our journey in the Himalayan mountains. This video is a little later than intended as I've had no free time this week until now. I will do some more recording soon while I have the weekend off.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

wow, I had forgotten how much Arthur hates that rug

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I've recorded four more videos, there's probably two or three more left to record for this LP which I will record tomorrow if I have the time. I was more than happy to play through the Himalayan section in a couple of playthroughs, I found it fascinating to rediscover. It's been my favourite part so far! I've resumed the Andes section and have passed the halfway point, it is relatively short compared to the other two sections though.

Fish Noise posted:

Yeah, I was surprised by how long he went on for. It's not like he hasn't seen a rug before, he really seemed to take offence to that specific one. There's been a couple of scenes since then where he's banged on a bit but it's been nowhere near as much.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I've recorded four more videos, there's probably two or three more left to record for this LP which I will record tomorrow if I have the time. I was more than happy to play through the Himalayan section in a couple of playthroughs, I found it fascinating to rediscover. It's been my favourite part so far! I've resumed the Andes section and have passed the halfway point, it is relatively short compared to the other two sections though.

The Himalaya section has some of the most beautiful environments in the game, but there is one puzzle there that still makes me mad to think about.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Yeah, a lot of these bits of commentary feel like they recorded a ton of versions of the same commentary, but forgot to cull down to the best two or three.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Fish Noise posted:

The Journeyman Project: please stop roasting my goddamned rug

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

spontaneously fixating on and burning the poo poo out of a single piece of someone's interior decoration does feel pretty in-line with Arthur's weirdo memelord personality though

ArchWizard posted:

The Journeyman Project: please stop roasting my goddamned rug
exactly!

like after all this is done they're going to pull the mission logs off the suit and Gage is going to keep a snapshot of that rug so he can snipe Arthur at any time by just "hey look at this" and off he goes

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ripple dected: Burned rug both psychologically and physically so hard it disrupted history.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Fish Noise posted:

like after all this is done they're going to pull the mission logs off the suit and Gage is going to keep a snapshot of that rug so he can snipe Arthur at any time by just "hey look at this" and off he goes

"So I was thinking of getting something like this for my living room-"

"IT LOOKS LIKE A MAMMOTH'S TOUPEE"

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

In this episode, we explore the outskirts and underskirts (yes, I know) of Shangri-La. We also meet this lovely guy, who's holding a knife and pointing it off-camera, and we briefly meet a very famous historical figure. I'm trying not to spoil anything here, the second half of this video is primarily walking around a lot of tunnels. If you want to skip the travelling and want to go straight to the action then head to around the 18:30 and 23:00 marks.

I've finished recording this LP, there are four more videos left to upload after this one. Now that I've completed the recordings I'm going to have some actual free time to update the bios on the front page. I'm also going to push the upload schedule up slightly, I will be uploading a video every other day. I will be putting some thought into what I'm going to LP next, I have several games in mind at the moment.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

why do you have a colony of daddy longlegs in the middle of- oh that's a rug.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

In this episode, we explore the rest of Shangri-La and meet several new people. This is really just a jaunt around town and a meet and greet with the residents, enjoy the calmness before the storm.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

I think you were at least a month too late on scavenging that roadkill.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I thought it was a nice touch that you were only able to ask about the realms corresponding to the statues you'd had Arthur examine.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Man, who would have thought the guy who conquered most of Asia and slaughtered millions of people would be such a dick.

Burzmali
Oct 22, 2013
Was that just me or did they actually make a reference to John Wayne playing Genghis Khan in The Conqueror?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
don't get hit by the LP curse :ohdear:

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I've updated the bios with some new images and a couple of new entries.

Vil posted:

I thought it was a nice touch that you were only able to ask about the realms corresponding to the statues you'd had Arthur examine.

I thought so too, it was also a stark reminder that I missed a few of them.

Burzmali posted:

Was that just me or did they actually make a reference to John Wayne playing Genghis Khan in The Conqueror?

I've not actually seen it so I can't say one way or the other. I wouldn't rule it out though as Arthur has made a lot of references to pop culture throughout the second and third game.

Psion posted:

don't get hit by the LP curse :ohdear:

The LP curse? When have I done an LP that wasn't cursed?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

The LP curse? When have I done an LP that wasn't cursed?
Star Trek: Klingon was really good. Speaking of which: That rug looks like someone glued together a tribble orgy.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

okay which one of you filth hounds didn't clean up after mowing your pubes

hey was that there when we came in? did it just move???

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

In this episode, we collect the rest of the beads and poke the Khan some more. This episode is shorter as Gage needs to traverse through the tunnels once more, I've cut out most of the travelling and kept in the relevant parts.

Is that really a rug or has Cousin It drunk too much and passed out again?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

ah. yep. i see the problem. this is just the fruiting bodies. the mold growth is rooted deeper below, so it keeps coming back. we're gonna have to cut into the sub-flooring to get a look at how much it's really spread.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

In this episode, Gage finds the second legacy device and then resumes his journey for the third in El Dorado. As you can see here, Daulton and Michelle are making lots of progress with the first recovered device.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

quote:

People keep distracting me!
Okay, that was pretty good.

so that's what happened to the neighbor's dog

Burzmali
Oct 22, 2013

In this episode, Gage finds the second legacy device and then resumes his journey for the third in El Dorado. As you can see here, Daulton and Michelle are making lots of progress with the first recovered device.

Number 3 is tired of this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Burzmali posted:

Number 3 is tired of this poo poo.

Michelle was forced to spend years living with Arthur, she's probably tired of everyone's poo poo at this point.