Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
GOG.com has a weekly sale with discounts on the journeyman project titles now. For everyone, who isn't tired of this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
If Agent 3 had to choose between this rug and putting up with Arthur for the rest of her life, she'd go with Arthur.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
For anyone interested, if you check out the Desert Bus for Hope charity livestream RIGHT NOW, they're about to do a prize auction lot that has a signed copy of The Journeyman Project along with other boxed software made by Sanctuary Woods.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

We get to end this LP on a double smug shot! I'm not going to spoil anything here, there's still a couple of surprises in store which would have made a fourth game even more interesting.

Thank you for the news about the gog.com sale, these games are definitely worth playing. There's still a lot more to explore and do in them than what you have seen in this LP. I was late to the mark with the charity livestream, I can't seem to find anything on their website but it's still cool that it was part of an auction for charity.

Thank you, everyone, who has watched and/or been part of this LP. I'm not sure if it's because this has been the smoothest LP that I have done yet, but it seems like this is over far too quickly. It's been a lovely nostalgia trip and an absolute joy to LP this trilogy. Let's never forget the true hero of this LP:

If anyone is interested, I will attempt to start another LP this weekend. After a lot of thought, I've decided upon another late 90's FMV game that is based on a little known TV show called The X-Files. It could be a disaster as I've never played it before apart from testing to see if it works. I'm taking a break from bigger projects until the new year.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 12, 2019

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I've enjoyed finally seeing the entire series, years later. Thank you for that.

Now...

if this rug were a verb, it'd be "regurgitate."

even Simon would throw this rug out.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Congratulations on finishing this LP. Legacy of Time remains my favorite thanks to taking itself a bit more seriously (though not excessively so), the higher production values and the removal of player death or other failure states that allows to better enjoy exploring the various locations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

Fish Noise posted:

I've enjoyed finally seeing the entire series, years later. Thank you for that.

Now...

if this rug were a verb, it'd be "regurgitate."

even Simon would throw this rug out.

The old Simon would have been snarky and thrown it out, the new Simon probably would have kept it as I'm sure he'd have found a reason to annoy someone with it. I started this series and Simon 5 on the same day and they ended three days apart from each other, the timing was unintentional and couldn't have worked out any better. I enjoyed this series much more than Simon 4 & 5 for a lot of reasons. I'll be doing an LP of The Feeble Files this weekend too.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the series. There was a lot less back and forth than what I could remember, but this time around I knew what the hell I was doing. Legacy was always my favourite and it still holds up well for me even today.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Apologies if this is a double post, it takes a while for me to type out a reply and this popped up while I was typing the last post.

radintorov posted:

Congratulations on finishing this LP. Legacy of Time remains my favorite thanks to taking itself a bit more seriously (though not excessively so), the higher production values and the removal of player death or other failure states that allows to better enjoy exploring the various locations.

They definitely had the budget behind them with Legacy and they put it to good use. The new directional viewing and the detail of the scenery were mind-blowing back in the day, I was still impressed by it now as the resolution was extremely low even for its time but the locations were very nicely detailed.

Death, fail states and the reset of time zones were staples of the first two games. The removal of these made me come back to Legacy often when I was younger. I kinda missed them in Legacy as I went into it straight after playing the first two games, but after a while, I was grateful that they weren't there as I could relax and just enjoy the game more.

The acting in Legacy was another highlight.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

We get to end this LP on a double smug shot! I'm not going to spoil anything here, there's still a couple of surprises in store which would have made a fourth game even more interesting.

Nice to see Gage is still, at his heart, a smug SOB.

I do wonder where they would have gone with a fourth Journeyman Project game. I always felt like Legacy wrapped things up nicely - where do you go from here?

Burzmali
Oct 22, 2013

Interesting to see that "School shooter chic" is the popular style in future.

Congrats on finishing this, I had thr original version of this back in the day and I could never finish the areas aside from Mars. It probably didn't help that the game ran slow as molasses on my 486 with delusions of adequacy. It saw the follow ups in stores but I never picked them up.

A couple of tidbits I remember:

The disc came with save files for several places during the game, including the finale. Not sure why they did that, I suppose it was easier than including a level select feature for testing, but I don't know why they shipping with it.

The game came with a catalog for merch. For like 10 bucks, plus shipping, you too could have a TSA ID card with your picture on it, just like Gage.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I never could go into these kinds of first person adventure games, and I hadn't ever heard of this one, so I always enjoy seeing them played out.

Was that Arthur's VA at the end? It's hard to tell 21 years later but it does look like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Kibayasu posted:

I never could go into these kinds of first person adventure games, and I hadn't ever heard of this one, so I always enjoy seeing them played out.

Was that Arthur's VA at the end? It's hard to tell 21 years later but it does look like it.

It certainly seems like so: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0918351/?ref_=tt_cl_t2

In the cutscenes, it looks a little weird as you never really see his lips move for most of his talking and when you do it looks a little disconcerting.