Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

shooting for judy but giving maddox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

panko posted:

I'm workin on it here you pussyass lowrate skankbait butthamster

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

I didn't even know who Maddox was and now I'm wishing I didn't, you Buccees bigass buttboy.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Butthole smerfin' toejam band

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

panko posted:

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Yeah gently caress you throat goat showboat Texas Twat

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Me f@cking around vs. me finding out LOL

Sorry if I upset your sensibilities, I thought I was only modeling my posts after one of the main characters of the show.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Heh...forum pranks. :unsmith:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

petit choux posted:

Sorry if I upset your sensibilities, I thought I was only modeling my posts after one of the main characters of the show.

The difference is her lines are funny.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
lol

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Jose Oquendo posted:

The difference is her lines are funny.

Well I was working on it before I got interrupted

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Have you tried a notepad :v:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

petit choux posted:

Well I was working on it before I got interrupted

I didn’t smash the report button but none of your lines are funny and you’re pretty close to trying to become the main character of the thread.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Jose Oquendo posted:

I didn’t smash the report button but none of your lines are funny and you’re pretty close to trying to become the main character of the thread.

I don't care who did and I haven't seen you say anything that isn't mean and spiteful so far. Congrats, consider me owned.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Let's all channel BJ and sit down with a nice wineglass filled with milk.

My partner cackles every time at the family dinner scenes.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I just finished watching Vice Principals with my gf, so now we've finished all three shows together. Her rating was Gemstones > VP > Eastbound, and I don't think I really disagree (Eastbound still has the highest highs, but some episodes are legit bad), but I think Gemstones could end up slipping behind VP because the first season was imo the tightest/strongest, and I think as it continues it could easily fall into a trap of covering a lot of the same territory season after season and having it wear thin. I'm mostly just amazed that I found someone who enjoyed all these shows with me, because even my brother bailed on VP the first time I watched it after thinking it was too mean. She admittedly checked out during a couple episodes of Eastbound (mostly Will Ferrell's poo poo in season 3), but overall she liked them way more than I expected going in.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Jose Oquendo posted:

It's more like white noise. poo poo poster have to poo poo, he's just putting his time in here before getting run off to the next thread.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I just finished watching Vice Principals with my gf, so now we've finished all three shows together. Her rating was Gemstones > VP > Eastbound, and I don't think I really disagree (Eastbound still has the highest highs, but some episodes are legit bad), but I think Gemstones could end up slipping behind VP because the first season was imo the tightest/strongest, and I think as it continues it could easily fall into a trap of covering a lot of the same territory season after season and having it wear thin. I'm mostly just amazed that I found someone who enjoyed all these shows with me, because even my brother bailed on VP the first time I watched it after thinking it was too mean. She admittedly checked out during a couple episodes of Eastbound (mostly Will Ferrell's poo poo in season 3), but overall she liked them way more than I expected going in.

I think Vice Principals succeeds because it finishes the story and leaves you wanting more. Eastbound and Down ends with Kenny imagining a potential future and then cutting back to him writing his book or whatever. The last season just sucks, everyone is so obnoxious. The show had so many good moments that get dragged down by a dumb ending where I was just sick of all the characters.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I loved S1 of Eastbound, but quickly fell off at the Mexico season.

I have this weird thing where I hate "the gang goes to [foreign country]" seasons/episodes. Always Sunny, Eastbound, Parks and Rec...I can't put my finger on it, but I think it just feels like "uh, dunno what else to do, I guess let's send these dumbasses to England?" I'm trying to think of an exception, and I can't!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

IMO Season 1 of Eastbound is way ahead of the other seasons, to the point where I'd maybe even suggest someone new to the series stop there and watch one of the other series next. I'd probably put it at 1 > 3 (despite it falling off a loving cliff whenever Will Ferrell shows up) > 2 > 4, but 1 is the only one I'm really sure about the ranking. I liked the Mexico season more on my rewatch than I did originally, but it's a big step down from the first season. 3 is pretty uneven, but has a satisfying arc and was a good end for the series... but also one that was a little too fairytale, since Kenny Powers was never going to live happily ever after, so I don't resent them opening up season 4 with him being loving miserable, because of course he would be. I thought that aspect of 4 was actually really good, but a lot of the rest of the season just felt really contrived, and ended up turning him into the most unlikable he ever was in the series before his heart grows three times its size like the Grinch or some poo poo. And maybe it's just me, but for me, they unbelievably wasted Tim Heidecker just being a sad sack neutered husband for the vast majority of the season.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
I actually miss Tim Heidecker getting to play intensely boring weiners. He's really good at that, and he's now mostly playing far more unhinged guys, which he's also good at. But I miss boring Tim!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Read After Burning posted:

I have this weird thing where I hate "the gang goes to [foreign country]" seasons/episodes. Always Sunny, Eastbound, Parks and Rec...I can't put my finger on it, but I think it just feels like "uh, dunno what else to do, I guess let's send these dumbasses to England?" I'm trying to think of an exception, and I can't!

Not a foreign country but as far as major location change I think the two New York seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm rule.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Henchman of Santa posted:

Not a foreign country but as far as major location change I think the two New York seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm rule.

Buckner. Car periscope inventor with the ugly wife. Michael J Fox. poo poo bow.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

SirPablo posted:

Buckner. Car periscope inventor with the ugly wife. Michael J Fox. poo poo bow.

Plus the first time around when Larry is in a Broadway production of The Producers because Mel Brooks is trying to pull a Producers on his own show

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Read After Burning posted:

I stopped watching at that season too (don't remember which one it was. 2?).

I hate Steve Little's character so much, and he went from supporting player to like co-main lead in that season, and it is insufferable.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Cojawfee posted:

I think Vice Principals succeeds because it finishes the story and leaves you wanting more. Eastbound and Down ends with Kenny imagining a potential future and then cutting back to him writing his book or whatever. The last season just sucks, everyone is so obnoxious. The show had so many good moments that get dragged down by a dumb ending where I was just sick of all the characters.

Does Vice Principals leave you wanting more? :confused: I thought it wrapped everything up in a very satisfying manner. Most of the dynamic that drove the story is gone--Gamby has grown as a person, Russell got knocked down a peg, and they've both moved on.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

PostNouveau posted:

I stopped watching at that season too (don't remember which one it was. 2?).

I hate Steve Little's character so much, and he went from supporting player to like co-main lead in that season, and it is insufferable.

The last episode I watched was with him loving that prostitute and asking how Kenny was. I forget how it ended but the whole thing wasn't enjoyable for me

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I agree with the

1. Vice Principals
2. Gemstones
3. Eastbound

rankings.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

the holy poopacy posted:

Does Vice Principals leave you wanting more? :confused: I thought it wrapped everything up in a very satisfying manner. Most of the dynamic that drove the story is gone--Gamby has grown as a person, Russell got knocked down a peg, and they've both moved on.

I mean I could have kept watching the show. Maybe the next season would have been as bad as EB&D S4, but I would have been willing to watch it. I was completely done with EB&D when it ended.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
EB&D really should have just ended with season 3. It would have been a strong (albeit depressing) ending, but it worked. Although s4 did have some really good moments, but it all the banal southern suburbs poo poo was way too relatable, because I swear I've known at least four or five couples who were literally Dixie and Gene from that season.

Also, FEEEEEIXXXXINS

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Been watching VP, just finished the episode with Lee's birthday party. I really don't have any sympathy for that character but I really get all the Goggins love now that I've watched this show. So many great facial expressions.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

In my head where tv shows crossover due to actors playing different characters, I get a kick out of Uncle Baby Billy trying to sell Uncle Baby Billy's Bible Bonkers to Raylen Givens.

"Don't be like that, Raylen... we dug coal together, naoh...."

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Not sure what this is ...possibly a tv pilot? but Steve Little from East Bound starred in this short as a priest making a lot of potato salad for a friends potluck:

https://vimeo.com/401020865

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I think Patti Harrison would fit right in.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Not sure what this is ...possibly a tv pilot? but Steve Little from East Bound starred in this short as a priest making a lot of potato salad for a friends potluck:

https://vimeo.com/401020865

The way my excitement fell off when I got to 'Steve Little'.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

The way my excitement fell off when I got to 'Steve Little'.

Heresy

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

doing the vince mcmahon gif irl as i read the sentence "Not sure what this is ...possibly a tv pilot?" not knowing what awaits me....

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Haven't watched it yet but I'll support Patti Harrison in any of her ventures

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
Yeah Walton Goggins is a real scene-stealer. First thing i saw him in was Justified a decade ago and already then one of the most watchable characters among a very colourful cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Patti Harrison would be great at being crazier than Judy