Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

The wachowski brothersSisters are directing a new matrix movie, Keanu and Carrie-anne moss are back.
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08/20/matrix-4-officially-happening-with-keanu-reeves-carrie-anne-moss?sf107512160=1

But uh...trinity is back? didn't she die? i mean, i'm still cautiously optimistic, Keanu has been killing it lately with the john wick movies.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Just do a reboot or pretend the sequels didn't happen. I can't believe anyone even wants this outside of the wachowskis who haven't made a decent movie since the first Matrix.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

banned from Starbucks posted:

Just do a reboot or pretend the sequels didn't happen. I can't believe anyone even wants this outside of the wachowskis who haven't made a decent movie since the first Matrix.

The plot of which was lifted almost entirely from some book.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

i only care about the possibility of another animatrix, op

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cloud Atlas was good.

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

Seems like only Lana’s writing/directing. (Have the wachowskis ever done a project independently of each other?)

It could be cool if it’s an Animatrix-style smaller scope story that’s just about solving a thing rather than a pan-theistic struggle for all of existentialism like the matrix sequels were.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The plot could literally be about rebooting the matrix
and ah gently caress it I guess I'm a little excited if only to see Keanu playing this dope again

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here
Matrix 4... in space.

Probably the only way I would go see it.

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

Hopefully they can finally set the record straight about what the red pill actually means.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Matinee posted:

Hopefully they can finally set the record straight about what the red pill actually means.

the red pill is a suppository

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

QuoProQuid posted:

i only care about the possibility of another animatrix, op

Love, Death & Robots on Netflix is kinda this

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Matinee posted:

Seems like only Lana’s writing/directing. (Have the wachowskis ever done a project independently of each other?)

The last season of Sense8 was just her, but she's bringing her cowriters of that back for Matrix 4 and both are acclaimed novelists too so I'm interested.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cacator posted:

The last season of Sense8 was just her, but she's bringing her cowriters of that back for Matrix 4 and both are acclaimed novelists too so I'm interested.

Oh gently caress is David Mitchell involved? Hell yes.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
This could go either way: it could be absolutely amazing or an absolute trainwreck with no in-between.

I'm ready: I got hyped for the sequels back in 2003 when I was in high school and remember leaving the theatre legit pissed-off after Reloaded. So if Matrix 4 sucks then it sucks.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
The Matrix is an even more interesting franchise now that theyre both out as trans and given the current social climate Im SUPER interested in seeing what craziness they cook up for this.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

AccountSupervisor posted:

The Matrix is an even more interesting franchise now that theyre both out as trans and given the current social climate Im SUPER interested in seeing what craziness they cook up for this.
Along those lines, I can't imagine they've been happy about TheRedPill co-opting their movies for chud reasons. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pretty explicitly political.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I never wanted a Matrix sequel more than I do now because Keanu is on a fuckin roll.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I could see where the Wachowskis were going with the Matrix sequels, but they were deeply flawed and needed more than a couple redrafts to achieve greatness. Maybe that's where Lana is going with this fourth movie, which seems totally unnecessary but whatevs it's da fukken Matrix!!

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Hurray! Another Monica Bellucci Dream!

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
My noodle is baked at this news. I say why the hell not. See you guys in 2 years!

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

teagone posted:

I never wanted a Matrix sequel more than I do now because Keanu is on a fuckin roll.

He's a much better actor now than he was 20 years ago that's for sure.

Still don't know how they're going to make this work. Ignoring the two sequels and saying Neo spent 20 years kicking rear end after he became God at the end of the first movie seems like the best way.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Nail Rat posted:

Still don't know how they're going to make this work. Ignoring the two sequels and saying Neo spent 20 years kicking rear end after he became God at the end of the first movie seems like the best way.

It's really not that hard. I imagine they'll probably have Neo literally return from The Source, making him kinda like a fallen angel.

There's precedent for something like that, Seraph(The Oracle's bodyguard) seems to be hardwired to the Source and yet he somehow escaped it and lives in The Matrix. So either Neo will break free of The Source on his own or maybe a new threat appears that forces The Source to re-upload him to fight for it again inside The Matrix.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

We could be in a new Matrix, with Neo surviving as some kind of rogue program in the same way the Merovingian was implied to be a remnant from the second version with vampires and poo poo. If I had to get people hyped to see another Matrix film though I’d probably drop all the wordy lore from the sequels, but would Lana Wachowski do the same? I honestly don’t know!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

exquisite tea posted:

We could be in a new Matrix, with Neo surviving as some kind of rogue program in the same way the Merovingian was implied to be a remnant from the second version with vampires and poo poo. If I had to get people hyped to see another Matrix film though I’d probably drop all the wordy lore from the sequels, but would Lana Wachowski do the same? I honestly don’t know!

The fact that Lana probably wouldn't drop the lore stuff is why I can get excited about this, because I have faith that there will be no compromise.

The harder question is gonna be how to bring Trinity back, I'd love to see some sort of Orpheus/Dante story where he has to fight through The Source to somehow find her and bring her code back to The Matrix. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to establish that humans have some sort of permanent code that is stored somewhere and can be re-uploaded.

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014
I hope this doubles down on all the poo poo nobody liked. Throw the animatrix in there, make the story a continuation of that MMO, whatever. Really drive it into the ground.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Animatrix is legit great OP

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Nail Rat posted:

The Matrix: M2O

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Basebf555 posted:

The fact that Lana probably wouldn't drop the lore stuff is why I can get excited about this, because I have faith that there will be no compromise.

The harder question is gonna be how to bring Trinity back, I'd love to see some sort of Orpheus/Dante story where he has to fight through The Source to somehow find her and bring her code back to The Matrix. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to establish that humans have some sort of permanent code that is stored somewhere and can be re-uploaded.

Yeah I think this wouldn't be too hard to pull off, like even in the actual movies you have stuff like Smith being able to possess people in the real world and Neo's powers working outside of the Matrix and whatever.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I don’t think many (any) people disliked the Animatrix? I remember it being hype as hell when it came out, and some of the shorts ended up being more interesting than the actual sequels.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

exquisite tea posted:

I don’t think many (any) people disliked the Animatrix? I remember it being hype as hell when it came out, and some of the shorts ended up being more interesting than the actual sequels.

Yea people really liked it but that was when there was a LOT of goodwill built up around The Matrix and people hadn't become disillusioned by the sequels yet.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

Aishlinn posted:

The wachowski brothersSisters are directing
didn't see anyone else calling this out, so just wanna say: gently caress this poo poo and gently caress you too OP.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jeff Wiiver posted:

didn't see anyone else calling this out, so just wanna say: gently caress this poo poo and gently caress you too OP.

There was a Wackowski thread a while back and we had some of that in it but the best way to handle it turned out to be just ignore and don't engage. If their posts are ignored and they don't get a rise out of anybody they get bored pretty quick and move on.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jeff Wiiver posted:

+1

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Basebf555 posted:

There was a Wackowski thread a while back and we had some of that in it but the best way to handle it turned out to be just ignore and don't engage. If their posts are ignored and they don't get a rise out of anybody they get bored pretty quick and move on.

still worth calling out that it's bullshit, hack, and OP can gently caress off

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

TrixRabbi posted:

still worth calling out that it's bullshit, hack, and OP can gently caress off

:agreed:

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Reloaded is worth defending for the freeway chase alone.

Edit: I meant to post this in another thread but whatever, point still stands

Cacator fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 21, 2019

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

Which is the better set-piece: Lobby shootout or Freeway chase?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Matinee posted:

Which is the better set-piece: Lobby shootout or Freeway chase?

As far as action filmmaking and just how straight up impressive it is, the freeway chase is the best set-piece in the trilogy. The lobby shootout is of course more iconic because people mostly just remember The Matrix and not the sequels.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Basebf555 posted:

As far as action filmmaking and just how straight up impressive it is, the freeway chase is the best set-piece in the trilogy. The lobby shootout is of course more iconic because people mostly just remember The Matrix and not the sequels.

The squids attack on Zion was pretty loving amazing too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I saw Reloaded again the other day, and I liked it much more than I remembered back during release. Maybe I’ll give Revolutions a shot.

I’m not opposed to a fourth movie, but bringing back dead characters like this is just lazy MCU bullshit. Start a new story with a new cast of characters in the 7th version of the Matrix, maybe?