Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Same. The speech by the 01 'representative' to the UN that ends up nuking New York gives me chills every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
You'd think a building like the UN would have all kinds of radiological alarms pinging when a talking hydrogen bomb walked in the door.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

stev posted:

Right but like, does the simulation know who has virtually gotten together with who? Is some poor AI keeping track of every couple and every one night stand and making sure to simulate pregnancy and grow a human from their DNA at the appropriate time?

This poo poo kept me up at night in the 2000s.

Yeah, this is the biggest wrench in the gears of the whole "humans aren't born, they're grown" aspect, bigger IMO than "people are batteries." Seems like a lot of work to keep track of who's loving who.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

teagone posted:

when an impregnation is successful in the matrix

Sure, but this is dangerously treading on 'life begins at _____' territory. How does a computer simulation decide when impregnation is successful? Randomly? Does it assign virility modifiers to everyone plugged into it? This also means that one of those tubes is for harvesting your gametes, OR that the machines jerk you off when they need to.

This is a gross conversation, I'm sorry.

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 15, 2021

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I know someone shared it upthread but if you haven't seen the YT Video from Curio, "The Matrix Sequels Are Good, Actually," you should check that out. it's long but it's a very thorough analysis of themes in the films and makes some really solid points.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Jones and Brown, although I don't think they're ever named in the film.

EDIT: Johnson is the square-jawed smirking one that punches the door open in the beginning of Reloaded. Played by martial artist stuntman Daniel Bernhardt, who's in everything these days (including maybe the best episode of BARRY). Apparently he's coming back for Resurrections, too.

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Sep 27, 2021

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Horizon Burning posted:

this thread is unbearable. gas it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Was there any ARG content promoted by the studios around the release of Reloaded and Revolutions? Seems like the perfect franchise to hide a bunch of easter eggs around the internet but IDK if studios were wise to that kind of marketing yet, back in '03.

I loved the fervour around the release of the sequels. It was Star Wars-level fandom, IMO. People lined up outside theatres dressed like runners. I was in tenth grade and bought into that poo poo whole-hog. Endless conversations speculating how it's all going to go down, marvelling at the scale of the production ("Bro they BUILT A HIGHWAY IN THE DESERT"). The video game tie-ins were also fantastic.

Re: 'matrices within matrices', I know this was the dominating theory coming out of Reloaded. I mean there are few other ways you can interpret Neo being able to kill the sentinels, it's either that or he actually is some kind of god IRL. I'm glad they didn't really go with either answer in the end.