Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ZZZorcerer posted:

Matrix had huge influence in games, one decade of shooters using bullet time

Maybe we could get another Max Payne game out of this at least!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
What's that poo poo I hear about Morpheus being recast? That's the dumbest idea ever and that's including making another Matrix movie.

ZZZorcerer posted:

One can only hope :shobon:

So what do you know, Remedy just released another game called Control. It's no MP but pretty fun. No bullet time so far though :(

Enter the Matrix wasn't good but from what I remember it had some fun moments in it. Might be interesting to dig it up and give it another go if it still works.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I mainly hope they make a good movie period. Some of the Wachovskis' recent stuff like Cloud Atlas and Sens8 was really heavy on the philosophic and social subjects like identity and sexuality but felt bloated as movies/tv.p and I found them interesting but not really enjoyable like Matrix 99 was.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I saw the original on a :files: VHS and a 30" CRT TV after hearing a lot of hype from my cool hacker friends, but not knowing much else. It was great even that way, but it's a shame I didn't get to see it in the theaters because that had to be a much better experience.

I did however go to see Reloaded and Revolutions, and, well.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The first time I saw this I thought it was a new Marvell movie but then realized they would've just greenscreened evyerthing

https://i.imgur.com/mZrPsx8.mp4

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Now that's a take hotter than Anne Moss in a leather tank top, but I too am pretty optimistic!

E:

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Feb 19, 2020

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So is this worth watching at all? It's obviously not great but then neither was Reloaded and I enjoyed it enough for the dumb fights and chase to make it not a complete waste of time.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

checkplease posted:

Why say its obviously not great if you haven't watched it.

Overwhelmingly negative to mixed reviews I've seen so far. Of course they could all be wrong but...

unlimited shrimp posted:

Love it or forget it, I don't think you'll hate it or regret watching it.
Thanks, that's really what I wanted to understand. I'll give it a shot.

sigher posted:

I replayed FEAR last year to see if it was as good as I remember and it's still great really well done bullet time mechanics and great horror atmosphere.
Yeah FEAR owns so loving much. Such a shame the sequels were pretty mediocre

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

checkplease posted:

Its about 63% on rotten tomato with both critic and audience. So assuming a normal distribution, you have an overwhelmingly positive review for each largely negative one.

But yeah it’s not generic at least, tries some weird things, and you can tell Lana loves the world of the matrix (neo and trinity especially).

You got me, I haven't checked the score distribution before posting.

So yeah it's more positive then negative but since I said "negative or mixed" I think I left myself enough wiggle room to be technically correct :v:

I definitely don't mean to pass judgment on a movie i haven't seen, but I also have to somehow make a decision on whether to spend my time and money on it. If it wasn't The Matrix I wouldn't even consider it, but having seen all the other movies, Animatrix, and even one of the games, I'll just go see this one as well.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Not going to go pages back but thanks tho whoever suggested giving this a shot. It's kind of a mess and sadly the action mostly sucked but overall it was at least pretty fun anyway. Glad it's not a by the book reboot or something.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Is Matrix it now like the FIFA games now?

I was extremely hyped up for Reloaded of course but I remember pretty clearly people, myself included, losing faith in the movie as it went along. A few people were making fun of it at times. I didn't see the first one in the theaters but I can't imagine that happening during the coolest movie of all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

MJeff posted:

In what universe are you gonna get Reeves or Fisher to come back without either Wachowski involved?

Replaced by AI.

It's very meta, you see.