Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

overmind2000 posted:

This but only if it includes the scene where Wachowskis break the fourth wall to tell the viewer that they really hosed up the series

As far as I know, they appeared in the game to explain what works in movies does not work in games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Preston Waters posted:

They could make this work if it turns out there actually is a matrix within a matrix.

Have you watched The Thirteenth Floor, which came out around the same time as the first Matrix?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I remember the "human computer" things was the original plan but the studio thought people wouldn't get that so they changed it to the battery explanation.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's funny that one review of Enter The Mateix said "this is why you don't release a game on 4 systems at once" but now that's the norm.

Have you played Path of Neo? It's pretty wild too, especially the sisters interrupting the game to explain the changed ending.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Maybe Morpheus is dead because Matrix Online is considered canon?

teagone posted:

Who was Terminator Genisys directed by?

Alan Taylor, known for several episodes of Game of Thrones and replacing Patty Jenkins on Thor 2.

codo27 posted:

If Sense8 is any indication, you should be good.

According to the IMDB only one of the Wanchovies is working on this one?

Yes, Lana, with one of the Sense8 writers as co-writer.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

SUNKOS posted:

We find out the entire Matrix runs on Vista and the ensuing lockup kills every single human that's jacked in and brings an end to the machine world as their power source immediately ceases to be.

We are treated to some utterly wild visuals as this happens, though :shroom::2bong::shroom:

I am old enough to remember when Gamespy was not only still active as a multiplayer game client but also a gaming news site. They have a daily comedic fiction article called Daily Victim where fictitious gamers tell funny and weird stories about themselves. They started as standalone stories, but eventually they start to have recurring characters and crossovers that happen surrounding an event. One of them was a wedding in Everquest that got interrupted by a horde of players hired by the Korean mafia trying to kill a character controlled by a mysterious hacker and power gamer known as The Linux Wizard. They succeeded and The Linux Wizard lost all his powerful items. Then, many stories later, we found out through the story of another Everquest player that he is trying to force Sony Online to restore the entire server to an old backup when he still had all his items. He attempts this by tricking over 200 players in that server to each summon a dragon at the same time in the same location. The result was basically madness. A dragon spawned inside the item list of a store, a player tried to buy it, and caused an entire town to teleport underwater and kill everyone. Finally a huge void opens beneath the game world that swallows everyone, where they ended up in the spawn table file and transformed into butterflies before the entire thing crashed completely. It was one of my favorite arcs.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Will this movie address the Neil Gaiman short story where the Machines revived a man to pilot a space fighter and attack an alien that's been throwing asteroids at them?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Shardix posted:

Did the MMO or videogames ever go into what the machines do when they're not doing their job? I know the Keymaker and Rama-Kandra mention that programs without a purpose are deleted, but no mention on whether they get time off to pursue hobbies or if they traded slavery to mankind for slavery to whatever is running all of this.

I think the Machines did have their leaders which they were freed from by the end of the MMO.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Cast Will Smith as Neo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

One thing about Resurrection I like is it's not a Machine vs Human fight anymore. You have humans, programs, and physical robots working together.