Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm not understanding why people are going into this expecting some dumb action movie and not a commentary on something with verbose writing. I'm not watching this for dumb action scenes. I swear online criticism and conversation has gone down the toilet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

People are just dumb too and more and more dumb people have access to post on the internet that we didn't hear from back in 1999.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

teagone posted:

Ignoring my gangtag for a moment (lol), but some believe there's an argument to be had that the cultural dominance of the MCU has some relevance to how stunted media literacy has become.

:razz:

We have people that legit think Zack Snyder movies are good. Half the posts in this thread are bringing up Stars Wars and Marvel and whatever else for reasons? Stuff like the reboots of Total Recall or Robocop or Childs Play deserve what this movie talks about than anything Disney.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Once I found out Lawrence and Hugo were "scheduling conflicts" then I accepted the movie just has problems and it's not as meta as I thought. And that's ok.

Morpheus had way more to do in the final act but got written out from what I heard it was too hard to do with the CGI.