Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cloud Atlas was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cacator posted:

The last season of Sense8 was just her, but she's bringing her cowriters of that back for Matrix 4 and both are acclaimed novelists too so I'm interested.

Oh gently caress is David Mitchell involved? Hell yes.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jeff Wiiver posted:

didn't see anyone else calling this out, so just wanna say: gently caress this poo poo and gently caress you too OP.

+1

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I first saw The Matrix with my dad, who put our tiny CRT PC monitor where the TV should be because our PC had a built in DVD player, which was a big deal.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The trailer looks a hell of a lot more cinematic and expensive than the trailers for the original trilogy.

I don't think the issue is that movies are getting cheaper looking, it's that TV shows are getting more impressive.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

For real though is he canonically dead?

e: Wait, that guy in the trailer was actually supposed to be Morpheus? :psyduck:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I wonder if we'll get another decade of people performatively pretending not to understand The Matrix.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

stratdax posted:

I just hope it isn't just The Matrix again, or they go super meta with it and have it be like, Keanu Reeves playing himself going "but I was an actor just playing a role in a movie and now you're telling me it's real?" Either would be bad.

Ok now I want this. Only if he says that specific line.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Every plot sounds bad when explained by leakers. They usually only have half the detail of the plot and nothing of the characters or themes.

I remember everyone got mad about TLOU2's leaked plot and I think most people ended up accepting that it was great when they had the full context.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Zesty posted:

“The important thing about making a sequel in a major movie franchise is preserving the canon set by a C-Tier MMO from 2005.”

Gamers. :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone's said that seriously, it would just be funny is all.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Do any of the movies or games explain how reproduction works?

Like are people actually procreating with their partners in the Matrix - are the machines artificially inseminating the women to correspond with the men they're virtually loving? Or are the partners and children of people in the Matrix just AI? In which case are new humans just being grown somewhere?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Zesty posted:

It was in the first movie. Humans are grown without incubating in an actual person. Probably with DNA taken from both parties.

Right but like, does the simulation know who has virtually gotten together with who? Is some poor AI keeping track of every couple and every one night stand and making sure to simulate pregnancy and grow a human from their DNA at the appropriate time?

This poo poo kept me up at night in the 2000s.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Twilight Zone but the twist of every episode is 'they were actually in the Matrix all along'.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I rewatched the first one today and I forgot how terrible a job it does of setting up Trinity falling in love with Neo. They exhange almost zero dialogue that isn't about the main plot throughout the film and they've known each other for like two days.

I imagine the Oracle must really have confused people back in the day too.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I forgot that Reloaded and Revolutions originally released six months apart. It feels like that'd be pretty unheard of now - LOTR sort of set the precedent that multi-part movies all filmed at once release a year apart. The only other two parter I can remember releasing so close together was Kill Bill 1/2 - which was around the same time.

Maybe another half a year in the oven would have done Revolutions some good.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

codo27 posted:

Are you mad? He is the last one who should have anything to do with it. He's terrible, or his (recent) works are at least

Not to open a can of worms but no you're wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

MLSM posted:

Young hispster Smith and Morpheous here look so cringe.

Idk if you know what a hipster is but they aren't it.

Trailer was great. Much more exciting than the first overall but I loved the use of White Rabbit a bit more than the awesome music in this one.