Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The thing is, the lobby scene was pretty loving shocking at the time too. Like, the movie coming out so soon after Columbine and having that scene is why its theatrical release got kind of buried.

I feel like it mostly sank into pop culture as Cool Action Scene rather than Creepy Mass Murder Scene because a large chunk of people who saw it were kids. The Matrix was probably the last dying gasp of the mentality that gave us Alien toys and a Rambo cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
:psyduck: okay what the hell movie was I thinking of then? I know there was at least one big action movie that came out at a really bad time related to Columbine, kind of tanked in theaters, and then found its following on DVD harder than anyone ever could have possibly figured, and I thought it was The Matrix but it seems I'm wrong.

Equilibrium or Boondock Saints maybe?

e: I was thinking of loving Boondock Saints :lol:

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Aug 27, 2019