Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItWasMoida
Jan 31, 2019

I only come out when it is wet.
I wonder if this can also be seen as an attempt by Lana to reclaim some of the lost messages that were horribly warped over the years thanks to the whole "red pill," movement.

A friend stated that for them, the whole lobby scene is way more chilling when you see in a contemporary lens. The whole concept of being hardwired into The Matrix making you a potential agent that can turn at any time, and how that leads to shootouts with cops, security guards, swat, etc, is harder for them to watch.

I do agree with the concept that the sequels were an attempt to reframe the original by having the equivalent of god say, "Hey Neo, guess what? We know humans are violent by nature, we knew you'd always fight back, so we built-in controls to make sure that you'd always lose if you guys went to war with us." (I know the movie is over ten years old, but you never know)

Knowing nothing about what's going to happen though, I'm optimistic. Only because I love Keanu and Carrie-Ann.

ItWasMoida fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU