Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
This could go either way: it could be absolutely amazing or an absolute trainwreck with no in-between.

I'm ready: I got hyped for the sequels back in 2003 when I was in high school and remember leaving the theatre legit pissed-off after Reloaded. So if Matrix 4 sucks then it sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

tylersayten posted:

Inspired by Halloween (2018) and Dark Fate: A Terminated Story (2019), The Matrix 4: Awakening will ignore all previous sequels and will instead be a direct follow-up to the 1999 classic.

Then it fails spectacularly, critically and commercially.

I'm not going to lie: if they took that route than I would at the very least give it a watch because I believe in second chances.

But, it will likely just be another confusing and confounding mess and fail critically and cement the 1999 film as a fluke.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Great, now I get to relive the high school philosophical debates about The Matrix that I hated when I actually was in high school in 2003.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Noob Saibot posted:

Wasn’t there a pretty big pause in production when Aaliyah died?

Not to my knowledge. The only hold-up they had during production is when Gloria Foster died and they had to recast her role.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Szmitten posted:

They shot a lot of Aaliyah as Zee including the Revolutions ending, so they not only had to recast but entirely reshoot in Aaliyah's case. Matrix sequels are cursed productions between the deaths of actresses, 9/11, the death of Keanu's ex, and now Covid with 4.

Ah, I don't know how I didn't know this. I looked it up and, yeah, she was in the middle of filming Reloaded (didn't even get to film Revolutions) and had to re-cast her completely to finish the film.