Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
This news makes me sad.

Full disclosure: I have a real soft spot for The Matrix. It was my first experience with ANY sort of existentialism and it blew my 14 year old brain to smithereens. Combine that with glorious action sequences and a tight, 3 act structure? The first one was world-shattering for a 14 year old edgy dweeb.

So I like the first one probably a little more than is deserved.

...But the first one ENDED The Matrix storyline with a fantastic 4th wall break at the end. Neo talks to the machines, the trace is running, he interrupts the program, he says "I'm gonna show them a world you don't want them to see" (or something similar). The audience then exits the cinema into the "real world."

That was Neo destroying The Matrix for you, the human being. I always loved that ending to the story.

...Then suddenly we get 2 pretty drat mediocre sequels (Albeit with one amazing action sequence each. The highway chase and the Sentinel attack on Zion are freaking awesome) with half-baked ideas that seemed to desperately search for a point, without ever really making one.

I know I'm so heavily biased that I'll go see it. But ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU