Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
RIP Lakers

Reviewing a foul called on the centre circle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raven9686
Feb 17, 2012
So fancy footwork and acrobat are great together FYI

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
as does slithery finisher. I think slithery finisher and fancyfootwork might be the better combo for finishing all-around but acrobat is also good. And then for my 3&D guy with 95 strength who only gets 4 finishing badges I just run contact finisher and posterize nerds

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Is fancy footwork a ball handling badge?

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
With no new badges or stats I've suddenly gone from hopeless to blowing by my defender for a layup with ease. I've just tallied my 3rd 40+ point game in a row. Did they change something in an update? Because it's definitely not my skillz

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
7"3', 290 lbs, 91 str, bronze brick wall vs 6"2', 180 lbs Trae Young

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Smh the flopping

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

the_american_dream posted:

Is fancy footwork a ball handling badge?

Finishing badge.

Also paint defence is kinda poo poo this year, there's way too many instances where pump faking layups slides defenders away from you and gives you an open shot. That's 2k I guess.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Loving these spotlight challenges. Reminds me of the Jordan challenges in 2k12. Never understood why they never ran that back until now

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
After learning Anderson Murray wasn't even a real player I tried to remove him off my team.

The game punished me by starting me on the bench and putting Murray back on the team in place of Lou Williams.

e: apparently Lou Williams twisted his ankle sometime between ditching Murray from the lineup and starting the next game.

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Oct 7, 2019

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
If anyone knows how to cheese rebounds let me know. No idea how the game realistically wants Wade to get 5 boards in a game. Especially without being able to “cheat” and play him at the 4 or 5

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Triple team offline is great for that kinda stuff

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
It’s one of the Spotlight game challenges not an evolve thing

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Anyone choose "NO EASY BUCKETS!" for the shoe kids event?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I wish. I let them go like a sucker

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
All the videos clips of it I've found on youtube have no sound for some reason

Chris Smoove does it starting at 2:15 of this in this video though.

https://youtu.be/FtHKD0PlkN0?t=135

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

I was subbed back in with less than 2 minutes left and as the game ended I noticed the Lakers had 4 centers on the court.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I just finished the Kevin Garnett spotlight challenges. I assumed the last challenge would be the hardest, between being the last and having to use all of the spotlight players, but it wasn’t bad at all. KG and Marbury are fully evolved and Sprewell’s amethyst, so I’m sure that helped.

Time to sell off everyone but Sprewell and Marbury!

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Paul George was so impressed with his block that he was still posing when play restarted.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

zelah posted:

I just finished the Kevin Garnett spotlight challenges. I assumed the last challenge would be the hardest, between being the last and having to use all of the spotlight players, but it wasn’t bad at all. KG and Marbury are fully evolved and Sprewell’s amethyst, so I’m sure that helped.

Time to sell off everyone but Sprewell and Marbury!

How’d you do the score 40 against prime Duncan challenge 😓😫

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

How’d you do the score 40 against prime Duncan challenge 😓😫

Holding Triangle to get him cutting to the basket was my main method. Especially in transition. I think that one might have taken two or three tries though. Holding Lebron under 20 definitely did. Either he’s pass 20 in the 3rd quarter or I’d hold him low but lose the game.

I was able to sell everything I wanted to get rid of and came out a little bit ahead on MT, even with all the lost games. Bought Kobe for 100, sold for 110. Breaking even is better than nothing.

Now I’m going to try to get through the Clyde spotlight challenges. First challenge is getting Brandon Roy for less than 150k

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Thanks I’ll give that a shot. Clydes I’ve found much easier so far only lost one to the all nba 80s team because I wasn’t prepared for the difficulty spike. But Drexler has been my favorite so far as he really fits my style of recklessly strategically driving to the basket relentlessly trying to dunk on fools

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Duncan is a nightmare if you try to post him up. If I got in that situation I’d try to get his post spin badge to fire and hopefully get around him, if that didn’t work I’d just pass it out and try something else.

Are y’all working on collector levels? I managed to work my way up to the 500 card one (I think? The one right before the IT reward) before giving up and auctioning cards off for MT to do other stuff like work on spotlight challenge cards.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Kenny Smith irl: corny, annoying

Kenny Smith 2k20: Steph Curry

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Kenny Smith irl: corny, annoying

Kenny Smith 2k20: Steph Curry

So he’s worth evo’ing? Trying to get Sprewell up to diamond right now plus working on Clyde and Kersey too. Might need to focus on one for now...

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Steph Curry 2k20: Kenny Smith

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Love 2 go 0-15 and then pretend like it’s my shoulder tendinitis

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

zelah posted:

So he’s worth evo’ing? Trying to get Sprewell up to diamond right now plus working on Clyde and Kersey too. Might need to focus on one for now...

He’s really good. Fast as hell with the ball and fast breaks and money on catch and shoot with an easy to get green release.

Grudgingly said because real life Kenny annoys me and I have a weird hang up about players being buffed way past how good they actually were

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ahh gently caress I have to have all the spotlight players to complete the challenge? 😒

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Yup.

As long as you don’t lock them in it’s still a rental though. I just filled out the Wade spotlight roster to go through those challenges. Already finished KG and Clyde.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Ran into this weirdness in a spotlight challenge

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Something went wrong when the game generated this magazine cover.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
DIIIIIIIIIIIIIRK :allears:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I am good at reverse layups.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Has anyone won a challenge yet?

Not complaining if not. I prefer the rules to be infallible rather than a blatant bad call to use the feature. Just curious

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I’d forgotten about it but you’re right. It even being an option means that the game will now purposefully get calls wrong which feels real bad

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Honestly I haven’t noticed any. I expected it but every time I think I have to challenge I lose and I look on replay and nope I was just barely out of bounds after all

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Has anyone won a challenge yet?

Not complaining if not. I prefer the rules to be infallible rather than a blatant bad call to use the feature. Just curious

like 90% of my challenges

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Really? What calls? Thought it’d be goaltending or out of bounds. Can’t imagine a foul challenge overturning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I've won quite a few foul challenges.

Lost at least one goal tending call that looked blatantly wrong on the replay though.

The worst thing with challenges is it will restart with a jump ball in the centre while the camera is still showing the coaches. So as a centre, I have to start spamming triangle as soon as I see a call overruled if I want to win it.