Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Hello I am currently thinking about matches i probably wont get to see that i think would change my life. One of them is the Beast God Okada vs the Trickster God Kikutaro. I think this would be on a different level, Okada has shown that he is quite strange at heart and very funny and Kikutaro is the greatest wrestler living.

The other one is Kota Ibushi vs WALTER. I think this could be the best big vs small match. WALTER beats on people in a very violent satisfying way and Ibushi would make that look like hes being liquefied.

Please post about your matches that cant happen eg Steve Austin vs Lou Thesz (Battle of the Press) or could happen but probably wont e.g Barron Corbin vs Jimmy Lloyd (Battle of the Ugly)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

CM Punk vs Steve Austin kind of wrote itself (and the one-off promo they did where Punk tried to goad Austin out of retirement was amazing)

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

CM Punk vs Steve Austin kind of wrote itself (and the one-off promo they did where Punk tried to goad Austin out of retirement was amazing)

Austin is very good. Kinda want to see Austin vs Perfect Canadian Lance Storm. Mostly Austin tearing him up in promos.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Strong chance we get to see Moxley vs Okada in our lifetime, that'd be really interesting.

Velveteen Dream v. Tetsuya Naito
Bray "The Fiend" Wyatt v. Jimmy Havoc
Aleister Black v. Shinsuke Nakamura
Tomohiro Ishii v. Rusev
Tessa Blanchard v. Io Shirai
PAC v. Will Ospreay

forgive me if one or more have already happened, iirc none have though I feel the last one might have.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Kensuke Sasaki should have defected to AJPW in 95 or 96, because Kobashi/Sasaki with both of them in their physical prime would have loving ruled

See also: Sasaki/Misawa; Sasaki/Kawada; Sasaki/Taue; Sasaki/Akiyama; Sasaki/Hansen; Sasaki/Williams, etc.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

Strong chance we get to see Moxley vs Tomohiro Ishii in our lifetime, that'd be really interesting.

Velveteen Dream v. Tomohiro Ishii
Bray "The Fiend" Wyatt v. Tomohiro Ishii
Aleister Black v. Tomohiro Ishii
Tomohiro Ishii v. Rusev
Tomohiro Ishii v. Io Shirai
PAC v. Tomohiro Ishii

forgive me if one or more have already happened, iirc none have though I feel the last one might have.

this is a list i can get behind

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa vs Toru Yano. The battle of the Weakest Wrestler In The World and the Sublime Master Thief would be one for the ages. Maybe you can through Kikutaro & Kuishinbo Kamen in there too for a 4 way.

For more serious wrestling, I'd still like to see Samoa Joe vs Tomohiro Ishii, my favourite wrestler of the 00s and my favourite wrestler of today. But if I could borrow Venomous's time machine to actually make it 2006 Joe vs 2018 Ishii that'd be top. But settling for stuff that could happen today I think it'd be great.

Bryan Danielson vs Zack Sabre Jr has happened before but it's been a decade and ZSJ is a much better wrestler today than he was then so I'd like to see them lock horns before Bryan's brains are fully liquefied. Honestly though, Danielson has been off the indies since 2010 & last toured Japan in 2009, this entire post could just be awesome American Dragon matches because dude is the best wrestler of his generation. Danielson vs Miyahara, Danielson vs Nakajima, Danielson vs Ben-K, Danielson vs Kiyomiya, Danielson vs Mochizuki, Danielson vs Okada, Danielson vs PAC, Danielson vs Kenoh, Danielson vs KZY, just give me Bryan Danielson. But alas.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I’d kill each and every one of you for Kurt Angle 2001 v Bret Hart 1997.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Because of Austin's injury we never got the Stone Cold/Goldberg match that me and every other 13 year old speculated about during the Monday Night Wars

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Tanahashi vs Cena

mid-90s Regal vs present day ZSJ

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
Moxley vs Suzuki could be really fun

Orange Cassidy vs Yano would be great.

but my actual dream match is Maki Itoh vs Chuck Taylor so we can see who can yell better.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

As a kid, me and my friends agreed that the best match ever would be Zeus vs. Sid Justice.

And we were right.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

Strong chance we get to see Moxley vs Okada in our lifetime, that'd be really interesting.

Velveteen Dream v. Tetsuya Naito
Bray "The Fiend" Wyatt v. Jimmy Havoc
Aleister Black v. Shinsuke Nakamura
Tomohiro Ishii v. Rusev
Tessa Blanchard v. Io Shirai
PAC v. Will Ospreay

Black/Nak is probably gonna be the IC title feud in like October.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Angle vs Danielson (came within a hair of happening in PWG, then TNA stepped in)
Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Cesaro (with Rey in his prime, and healthy-ish)
Nick Bockwinkel vs Jon Moxley (snob vs slob, street smarts vs educated character, brawler vs technical wizard)
Shinya Hashimoto vs Samoa Joe (lumpy fellas beating the poo poo out of each other)
Harley Race vs Minoru Suzuki (terrifying man vs terrifying man)
Chris Hero vs Minoru Suzuki (two stiff motherfuckers light each other up)
Steve Corino vs Larry Sweeney (worth it just for the promos in the leadup)
Raven vs Jake Roberts (DDT VS DDT, master vs student, mind games abound)
Young Bucks (w/Larry Sweeney, because I loving said so) vs The Revival (w/Jim Cornette)
Luke Harper vs Test (Agile big dudes with great big boots)
Survival Match: The Elite (The Young Bucks, Kenny Omega, Adam Page and Cody Rhodes) vs D-Generation X (HHH, The New Age Outlaws, X-Pac, and HBK)
Ishii vs Regal (lumpy tough dudes)
Cena vs Tanahashi (Ace vs Ace)
Okada vs Danielson (Prodigy vs Prodigy)

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Aug 21, 2019

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I want to see either MJF vs Jay White or MJF & Jay White vs anyone. Would like to know what happens when the two purest concentrations of pro wrestling scumminess collide

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The correct dream match is Daniel Bryan vs. Toru Yano.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Three-way no time limit between Orange Cassidy, Naito, TAICHI

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
Always thought it was a shame that Dean Ambrose vs Foley never happened a few years back, but a Modern day Jon Moxley vs 90s Mick Foley would have been the stuff of legends.

Would love to see Cesaro cut loose against Ishii, Okada or Ospreay. Hell there are probably 30 guys currently locked up in WWE you'd want to face against those three.

Everyone always talks about Cena vs Tanahashi, but I reckon Tanahashi vs Rock (circa 2001) would be even better.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

AAA Eddy Guerrero and Art Barr vs Rush and La Sombre in Arena Mexico would have nuclear heat.

Edit: Stan Hansen vs Tomhiro Ishii in a hoss off would also be an amazing match

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

AAA Eddy Guerrero and Art Barr vs Rush and La Sombre in Arena Mexico would have nuclear heat.

pop-pop forgot his brain pills and somehow forgot to include some dream matches for his favorite of all time

Eddy Guerrero vs Naito
Eddy vs Samoa Joe
Eddy vs Okada
Eddy vs El Generico
Eddy vs Omega
Eddy vs Kingston
Eddy vs Cesaro

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

SatoshiMiwa posted:

:vince:

Have Lance Archer second Hansen on the way down to ring, watch complete and utter destruction of the crowd follow in their wake.

e: MPro era KAIENTAI DX vs LIJ

super macho dude fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Aug 21, 2019

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I'm gonna try to narrow it to 5 dream matches I wish I could bend time and space to see, and since these are dream matches i'm going to ignore stylistic differences from time periods...

Okada (during his incredible title run before he lost to Omega) vs. Hulk Hogan (At the peak of his popularity in the 80s)
Cactus Jack (Year 2000) vs. John Moxley (current)
Daniel Bryan (current) vs. Bryan Danielson (2006)
John Cena (2012) vs Steve Austin (1996)
Will Ospreay (current) vs Rey Mysterio (1996)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

britishbornandbread posted:

I’d kill each and every one of you for Kurt Angle 2001 v Bret Hart 1997.

gently caress yes, ever since Bret said he used to wake up wrestling a pillow because he'd been dreaming of having a match with Kurt Angle I've been desperate to have seen this.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Dolph Ziggler vs Kota Ibushi. Both are told that the other guy is going to be big in the company and they are to make him look as devastating as possible on offense.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
I started thinking about who I’d want Trent Acid to wrestle and now I’m sad.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN vs MARKO STUNT in a HELL IN A CELL

bartok
May 10, 2006

The biggest dream match I can think of is: Shawn Michaels vs. Eddie Guerrero.

This one just because it would stiff and brutal as gently caress: The Steiner Bros. vs The British Bulldogs

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

bartok posted:

This one just because it would stiff and brutal as gently caress: The Steiner Bros. vs The British Bulldogs

Go one better and have the Steiners (early WCW version) vs Brody and Hansen.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i've never dreamt of a match or wished one would happen, except for when i wanted a wrestler to win a feud. if two forces have no beef i couldn't care less if they ever meet eachother once in their lives. if they can't fight for something important then get the gently caress out of my life forever

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
90s AJPW vs 90s NJPW in a WarGames match at the Dome

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

90s Great Sasuke vs Present Day Great Sasuke in a Space War match

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Coaaab posted:

90s AJPW vs 90s NJPW in a WarGames match at the Dome

On this track lets get 90's Kobashi vs Current Okada in a war of Gods

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I would have enjoyed watching New Jack vs Jun Kasai.

Also, I would like to see a young Stan Hansen vs an old Minoru Suzuki

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

WAR-era Bam Bam Bigelow vs. ROH champ Samoa Joe would have been insane and I would have probably had an aneurysm and died the second it was over.

Funkchop
Jun 9, 2013
In some closer-to-perfect timeline, the stupid ECW invasion of RAW in the 90's would've gifted me with Bret Hart vs. Sabu, but oh well

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I'd love to see Terry Funk vs Daniel Bryan but really ornery Terry from the 80's.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

1997 Undertaker vs 1997 Sting

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

here's a match for you: your face and my rear end

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Sticky Nate posted:

here's a match for you: your face and my rear end

Oh, right. Switchblade Jay White and Rikishi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

super macho dude posted:

Tanahashi vs Cena

Of the wrestlers who are currently active(can wrestle now) this is easily the match that I'd want to see the most.