Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Can we get slim Pickens on there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hackaday had a good example of a layered badge up today:

The white parts are silk screened ink, the top layer. The black parts are solder mask. The metallic parts are exposed copper coated with something. For the lights, the maker made a part of the board that had no copper, solder mask, or silkscreen; this just leaves a thin layer of fiberglass. They then mounted an LED on the backside of the board so it would shine through the front.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

For ideas, DEFCON usually has a pretty elaborate badge every year. Go to the media server at https://media.defcon.org and look in each of the years for a badge directory, which will have schematics, layouts, and source code. I think they started electronic badges at DC 15 and have done them just about every year since.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

That's Diamond Joe though

Diamond Joe is now Zirconium Joe, for being a fake progressive centrist piece of poo poo.

I'll still vote for him over the alternative, if it comes to that.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Monty and I are in. Put your meat in our mouths.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I might be able to drive down from CT. I can sous chef and make electronics and not be awkward I promise.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Who's open to the idea of getting an Airbnb house for the weekend? Probably work out cheaper than everyone getting individual hotels or whatever. But it has to have a charcoal bbq so I can stuff meat in your faces

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

So who's coming

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Americans will plan this trip around early June, me included

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't have to plan poo poo, I live here.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Yeah I dunno if I can commit to a full weekend as I said, but I live close enough where a day trip to Gettysburg is feasible and I’m also more than happy to spend a day showing you around the Mall and such.

You will also get to say hello to Lando and administer pets and loves.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

The gently caress else am I gonna do on a weekend.

Time to load up on snack sticks. Oh, bookmark "Warrington Farms". IMHO, best butcher in the area. About 20 min north of Gettysburg, but on your way from Detroit.

e: Also, be noted, the re-enactment for next year is probably not going to happen due to financial difficulties.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/01/gettysburg-civil-war-reenactment-canceled-for-2020.html

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Feb 12, 2020

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
If anyone can point me to a place where I can take TwoFing to shoot a musket (and anyone else who might want to participate), please let me know.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

McNally posted:

If anyone can point me to a place where I can take TwoFing to shoot a musket (and anyone else who might want to participate), please let me know.

There's a couple of people I can ask and will let you know. There's plenty of places in Adams County that you can shoot.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

McNally posted:

I'm not gonna lie I read this as "shoot TwoFing with a musket"

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'm not gonna lie I read this as "shoot TwoFing with a musket"

We'll see how the day goes.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

my sister lives in lancaster county and her bf is with the PA state parks dept and knows gettysburgh pretty drat well

im hopefully coming up, itd be worth a weekend

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

So who's coming

I’m in if it falls on the first or second weekend in July. Later than that and I’ll be out of town.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I’m done, subject to work not needing me in the rear end end of nowhere.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

There are rumblings that the AA convention may be cancelled due to the Coronavirus. I'm reserving judgment, but I'll watch the situation closely and make a call in a month or so whether I'm still coming. Not a lot of point if the entire world goes on lockdown.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

NZ has just announced new heavy travel restrictions, so I'm doing as all good goon projects do and flaking out.
I was actually really looking forward to this, too :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
fcuk