Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Not today, Spider-Man

https://streamable.com/yqc7e8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Another patch that hits MW2019, fixes/changes nothing, breaks textures loading on most maps. you can see through some walls, and edges of objects/walls are also low res so you cant actually tell if you are shooting through a gap that exists or just a missing texture/object.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
I bought MW2019 yesterday for xbox, got a key via a keyseller for £35.

I figure(hope?) it will retain players after Vanguard launches since Vanguard is WWII and that is not for everyone, and by the reactions so far Vanguard seems to be very meh also.

Is there any word on if with Vanguard launch Warzone and MW will get Series X/S features ?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

mfny posted:

I figure(hope?) it will retain players after Vanguard launches since Vanguard is WWII and that is not for everyone, and by the reactions so far Vanguard seems to be very meh also.

Is there any word on if with Vanguard launch Warzone and MW will get Series X/S features ?

Assuming that the game is in a playable state, maybe. I gave up because I could never find a match and when I did the map was hosed and the game crashed.

35 quid you got ripped off.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008

Beastie posted:

Assuming that the game is in a playable state, maybe. I gave up because I could never find a match and when I did the map was hosed and the game crashed.

35 quid you got ripped off.

Was the cheapest price I could find anyware that id trust to deliver what I bought. Did have some trouble with redeeming the code due to my location, in the UK but also ... not in the UK, and with the Brexit thing, as most codes on sellers are EU, Global or US.

Also I was able to play MW MP for a few hours last night with the only issue being one match did have a fair bit of rubber banding.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

mfny posted:

its retaining players but in Australia at least we are getting matched with Asia pacific players in certain game types/playlists due to a lack of local players. depends on time of day too. Also worth noting that the players its retaining are rusted on MW players that skipped Black Ops Cold War because it too is garbage.

As I have been pretty vocal about in this thread the game keeps getting patches for Warzone which go on to break things in regular Modern Warfare because they share the same install/assets for some reason.

You're about 2 years late to the party man. The game is on life support with a trainee nurse that doesnt know how to control the life support machine so just turns knobs and dials at random trying to fix the other patient that shares the same life support machine.

Modern Warfare 2019 will not be getting any X/S features. Otherwise you might not buy Cold War/Vanguard :lol:

mfny
Aug 17, 2008

Laserface posted:

its retaining players but in Australia at least we are getting matched with Asia pacific players in certain game types/playlists due to a lack of local players. depends on time of day too. Also worth noting that the players its retaining are rusted on MW players that skipped Black Ops Cold War because it too is garbage.

As I have been pretty vocal about in this thread the game keeps getting patches for Warzone which go on to break things in regular Modern Warfare because they share the same install/assets for some reason.

You're about 2 years late to the party man. The game is on life support with a trainee nurse that doesnt know how to control the life support machine so just turns knobs and dials at random trying to fix the other patient that shares the same life support machine.

Modern Warfare 2019 will not be getting any X/S features. Otherwise you might not buy Cold War/Vanguard :lol:

I am indeed late to the party at least on Xbox (I do have MW19 on PC to) but right now MW19 seems like the best COD of recant years and this wont change it seems with Vanguard so what can you do ?

Also I find the way they have linked everything in to Warzone annoying to. I can see what they are trying to do .. a unified "front end" experience for a franchise that puts out yearly instalments is not a terrible idea at all, but this implementation leaves something to be desired, especially technically it seems.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

MW eventually reached a state of being so literally broken I gave up playing it. At first, a few maps would crash the game. Then closer to half. Now just about all but shipment.

I absolutely do not have enough fucks to give to play around with installing and deleting different texture packs in some random order.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
WZ might become part of the Vanguard client coming up, so your dream of having MW separate from WZ might happen.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

pacerhimself posted:

WZ might become part of the Vanguard client coming up, so your dream of having MW separate from WZ might happen.

lol if you think this won't take MW with it

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

ANOTHER season already ? gently caress me they sure pump this crap out now days. I wish MW was unlinked from all this crap :(

Guacamayo
Feb 2, 2012
Anybody else have had a problem with Warzone crashing and quitting without any error code around 4 minutes into starting it on PC? I have no idea why it keeps happening to me.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Shooted some mans with the Kar tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkD-tbQ85go

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

not in the footage, didn't watch

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
you're right there:

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

pacerhimself posted:

you're right there:

Typical Goku, laying down on the job.

Are you still playing with a controller Pacer? Nice shooting.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
His pecs were sore from getting buff and needed a break. Yeah, that was controller.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Secret Machine posted:

Typical Goku, laying down on the job.

Are you still playing with a controller Pacer? Nice shooting.

What you don't see: The 500 shots pacer missed.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
That is very true. I was hitting shots better than I have in months though.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

pacerhimself posted:

you're right there:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Did anyone else get this lol email?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

death throes of a wounded antelope as the lion (holiday AAA releases) prepares to finish the job.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Laserface posted:

death throes of a wounded antelope as the lion (holiday AAA releases) prepares to finish the job.

Surely this is the year that the plucky upstart “Call of Duty” fades to obscurity.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

MarcusSA posted:

Strangely I didn't, but my regiment did.

Anywho it's about this, a kernel-level anti-cheat coming out with the new map:

https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/1448332847547359239

Don't think this really helps with console hacking tho.

and yes i am aware of the irony of the sizzle video containing an unfired bullet in a game all about tactical weaponry

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

f#a# posted:

Strangely I didn't, but my regiment did.

Anywho it's about this, a kernel-level anti-cheat coming out with the new map:

https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/1448332847547359239

Don't think this really helps with console hacking tho.

and yes i am aware of the irony of the sizzle video containing an unfired bullet in a game all about tactical weaponry
They actually stated earlier that it will be good at detecting cronus users, though I really wonder how they're going to handle that. I have to imagine that will be more of a "warning first" situation

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Doesn't mention anything about Modern Warfare and Black Ops multiplayer so I guess you still have to deal with hackers there

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Will Warzone likely retain the Modern Warfare and Cold War weapons when the map updates?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Yes. I would be very surprised if they removed the current guns, I think maybe MW will get cycled out when MW2 comes out, if at all.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Is there a Vanguard thread up yet?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1451916814800277513 just another teammate with their head up their own rear end

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Snowmankilla posted:

Is there a Vanguard thread up yet?
the hype is so off the charts for vanguard that everyone's afraid to make a thread

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

update requires restart

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

3d menus are pretty cool

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Why would there be a vanguard thread when this is the MW and black ops and warzone thread?

the 3 people interested in vanguard can just post here.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Stu will make the thread when it’s ready

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Unless they separate them when Vanguard launches, I'm just wondering if the Warzone anticheat stuff will also apply to Modern Warfare multiplayer. Warzone appears to just be a mode for MW, they share a folder and all the same files. While IW hasn't specified MW modes having Ricochet they also seem to refer to Warzone/MW as the same thing now.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Roman posted:

Unless they separate them when Vanguard launches, I'm just wondering if the Warzone anticheat stuff will also apply to Modern Warfare multiplayer. Warzone appears to just be a mode for MW, they share a folder and all the same files. While IW hasn't specified MW modes having Ricochet they also seem to refer to Warzone/MW as the same thing now.

If your question is "Will they do X for [Modern Warfare]" the answer is a resounding "No", and in 2022 you'll be able to add Cold War alongside Modern Warfare in that category

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Fart Car '97 posted:

If your question is "Will they do X for [Modern Warfare]" the answer is a resounding "No", and in 2022 you'll be able to add Cold War alongside Modern Warfare in that category
warzone appears to technically not be a separate game from mw but just a multi-player mode of mw and sharing the same files and installed in the same folder. so I don't think it's dumb to ask if it mw will benefit from the anticheat only because of all that, not because they're installing anticheat on anything in their back catalogue on purpose.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

They have completely and wholely abandoned modern warfare, letting near game breaking bugs and broken playlists linger for weeks at a time and indefinitely in some cases. It is a dead game, from a support standpoint. There is no support for it because they don't want you playing it anymore. They've been very explicit in saying Ricochet is for Vanguard and Warzone: Vanguard only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

See I would be less confused if they didn't do weird poo poo like replacing MW with Warzone in the Battle.net launcher while the desktop shortcut still says Cod Modern Warfare and keeping the games all mashed together.

I'm guessing if they do separate WZ from MW they'll probably attach it to Vanguard as the new WZ map will be in the Pacific. But they probably won't bother removing the old WZ assets from MW and leave it all bloated