Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

DontMockMySmock posted:

My "favorite" cult/sect is the Westboro Baptist Church.

So you've probably heard of the WBC. They're the ones who go to funerals of soldiers and hold up signs that say (CW: homophobia) "GOD HATES FAGS" and "THANK GOD FOR 9/11" and such.

They picketed Dio's funeral, and Mr. Roger's funeral. I think they planned picketing Jeff Hanneman's funeral but backed out realizing Slayer fans would have no problem giving them an old school beatdown regardless of jailtime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

M_Sinistrari posted:

They picketed Dio's funeral, and Mr. Roger's funeral. I think they planned picketing Jeff Hanneman's funeral but backed out realizing Slayer fans would have no problem giving them an old school beatdown regardless of jailtime.

Back in 2010, they picketed at the San Diego Comic-Con, and got trolled HARD.

Here's an old Jezebel article with pictures:

https://jezebel.com/crazy-homophobes-protest-comic-con-comic-con-protests-5594737

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
They came to my high school to protest way back in 2003 because they were putting on a production of The Laramie Project. My high school was ghetto as poo poo and they left in about 10 minutes when some crackheads walked over to see what was going on and started yelling.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And I thought that was just a Blackadder episode.

Don't you know Blackadder is a historical documentary?

Multiple Popes have happened a few times. Of course these days there are several, mostly leading tiny offshoot sects that consider themselves the only legitimate Catholics.