Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Since the regular DDO thread's been archived and I can't find another and this being closest, I figured to ask here. It's easily been at least 6 years or more since I played DDO, and with the amount of changes that've happened since, I'm re-evaluating what characters I have. My question's about the reincarnation options, and reading the DDO wiki's not too clear on parts. I'm considering changing race and class on a character or two and since they've got some stuff that's bound to character, I don't want to lose that stuff by just going the delete/reroll route. With doing a racial reincarnation, will that also reset class so I can choose another or will I have to use a lesser reincarnation as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Only spot I found it mentioning everything was here so I'm not sure if it's just not too clear wiki writing or not.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Ort posted:

Racial and heroic reincarnations are what are called true reincarnations, meaning everything resets - you make your character from scratch just like a new character, but keep your gear and get stat bonuses. The only downside is it costs more xp to level.

Fake edit: I don’t play hardcore, but I started playing this game last year and it is just so fun. It stands out in a field of lovely homogenized mmos because of how customizable your character is, there’s always new builds to try and you get bonuses for trying new things due to the reincarnation mechanic. The combat is pretty fun, too.

Ah, okay. Nothing on the reincarnation pages mentioned the xp increase to level. So, I'd be looking at what amount of xp I'd need to make a second rank normally would become what I'd need to make a first rank on a level, right?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

milkman dad posted:

There’s rumor they’ll unlock the sharn expansion for gold this month so maybe they’ll also enable gold purchase of inquisitive.

Sharn is supposed to hit the in game store this month but nothing about the specifically when's been said yet. Speculation's ranging from second week of the month to before the end of the month.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

I ended up going VIP this time around. I don't know if it's the changes they made over the years or what, but I'm definitely enjoying the game more this time around compared to when I first joined years back.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

NeurosisHead posted:

This game came up in conversation with a friend the other day; I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it still exists! I kind of want to play again, although that's likely just the nostalgia talking. Are there still low level groups, or are all of the remaining players just soloing high level content with characters they've been min-maxing for 13 years?

I've come across a few low level groups. It was a pleasant surprise since I figured mostly everyone was still running their old characters with multiple reincarnations. I've been dabbling around with Keep on the Borderlands and so far I'm enjoying it. Even on the low level end of it, it's way more fun than Korthos Island for the bazillionth time.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Looks like a 64bit client's in the works among other things.

https://www.ddo.com/en/news/look-ahead-producers-letter-january-2020

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

RosaParksOfDip posted:

"Get the quests from Menace of the Underdark or The Shadowfell Conspiracy for 99 DDO Points each, now through August 31st! Find them in the DDO Store in-game." Discount packs are out.

edit: They don't check if you have ownership of the content, probably to get around everything being free right now, so FYI. Don't accidentally buy it on your account that owns it or anything. Also it's purely the quests, adventure areas and raids. None of the other content, just in case that wasn't obvious.

I had to go over to the old Turbine account page to log into my account to see what I had attached.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

GrayDorian posted:

A friend and I might be starting this out, I think I played this about a decade or so ago.

Any suggestions on a good duo for two free players? Do we have to have a healer and a trap person?

While it's nice to have a dedicated healer and trap monkey in my opinion, with wands and hirelings you're not going to be hampered like you used to be if you didn't have them.