Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

UnknownMercenary posted:

I remember reading about this, it didn't get a whole lot of play in the news. It's pretty wild for anyone who's interested.

https://twitter.com/drchetanmehta/status/1391428445540917250

Not only a donor, but a sitting Federal Court Judge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Another Bill posted:

https://twitter.com/gator_gum/status/1397951405336453121

LOL this letter. I've been saying this for a year and they just .... tweeted it out.

The gently caress is going on with the kerning in that letterhead, did they tap the spacebar between random letters?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Probably used a font that wasn't present on the system where it was turned into a PDF

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

pokeyman posted:

The gently caress is going on with the kerning in that letterhead, did they tap the spacebar between random letters?

Lol remember the path to reopening or whatever pdf with wrong page numbers, whole sections missing, and weird poo poo like a single page was larger than the rest.

loving max competence all around.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Scorchy posted:

they're not loosening the measures too early, restaurants indoor restrictions lifted now, and they're talking about opening up the PNE for late August.

Fixed that.

It was way too early, and we'll likely see a smaller wave of people keeping the virus alive in the late summer. Hell I'm 35, got my shot loving immediately after I was eligible to book, and I'm still not 2 weeks out from dose 1. Dr. Henry is not following any semblance of good strategy here.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Another Bill posted:

https://twitter.com/gator_gum/status/1397951405336453121

LOL this letter. I've been saying this for a year and they just .... tweeted it out.

Am I understanding correctly? 2000 to 4000 daily cases? I can see why they wrote that in a different format from the previous prediction lmao.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Cool, cool. I'm just glad they're at least acknowledging the data we have.

They can and almost certainly will still choose to make the worst possible decision, but no one is going to say it wasn't with full knowledge of the outcome.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
They don’t say daily cases, so that could be total.

6-11% increase in daily cases would imply that the 2-4K is total.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

All communication around it should be in deaths and not cases.

“If we reopen we could kill 40 people. That’s just two bus loads. Worth it right?”

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Noblesse Obliged posted:

“If we reopen we could kill 40 people. That’s just two bus loads. Worth it right?”

Honest question, what is a reasonable number of dead to have schools open? In pre-covid times I have to imagine having schools open directly led to a certain number of deaths every year, mainly from flu. It would be interesting to know what that number is, just as guideline for when we would consider it safe to open schools again. The moral knee jerk reaction is to say "not one death is worth it" but obviously nobody's ever called for school closures during a regular flu season, so we're okay with a little death.

Not trying to equate covid to flu, your comment about counting the deaths just got me thinking about some of these utilitarian choices that we take for granted.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Do you believe that there's a set number of fatalities that dictate that? Perhaps that's not a metric used to determine whether schools are open or not.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

infernal machines posted:

Do you believe that there's a set number of fatalities that dictate that? Perhaps that's not a metric used to determine whether schools are open or not.

No I don't think anyone's ever really thought about it before. Similar to how we just accept a lot of death on our roadways (especially before cars got a lot safer) because hey, gotta go fast.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

I can’t help but see this as Jason Kenney taking credit for the hard work of others.

But 0 cases in Prince Rupert IS phenomenal and to be celebrated. Vaccines work. So do travel restrictions, lockdowns, stay-at-home orders, shutting down schools…

Oh, and I just checked my estimated time for the 2nd shot and it’s gone from August 15 to June 30th. I think we are doing okay here in BC. I’m cautiously optimistic.

ChickenDoodle fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 28, 2021

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

ChickenDoodle posted:

Oh, and I just checked my estimated time for the 2nd shot and it’s gone from August 15 to June 30th. I think we are doing okay here in BC. I’m cautiously optimistic.

Yeah it's been cut to 2 months for the second shot

Alctel fucked around with this message at 06:25 on May 28, 2021

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Noblesse Obliged posted:

The problem is that particularly with schools, death is probably super hard to model, because only a tiny proportion (if any) of the deaths will be the actual kids, it will be the people they spread it to (and that also requires the government to admit that schools are a source of spread vs. a reflection of community spread, which this letter gets close to but doesn't go quite that far).

The ridiculous part if they open schools is that apparently the stage 1 target is actually 500-600 daily cases - that's going to be very difficult to hit if you do something that everyone acknowledges is going to increase the case count.

https://twitter.com/torontostar/status/1398002831932657666?s=21

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/cbcalerts/status/1398215524903948288?s=21

lmao come on now. Once is an accident, twice is an exhibitionism or public humiliation fetish.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
why on earth would you urinate on camera even once? Was he conducting House of Commons business from his bathroom, or was he pissing in his office?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Too much water-gate.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

vyelkin posted:

why on earth would you urinate on camera even once? Was he conducting House of Commons business from his bathroom, or was he pissing in his office?

I think his office setup is in his living room and his bathroom is off to one side of the frame, so theoretically you could see him taking a piss if he didn't bother to close the door.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

I think his office setup is in his living room and his bathroom is off to one side of the frame, so theoretically you could see him taking a piss if he didn't bother to close the door.

In that case I'm glad he resigned because anyone who doesn't close the door to use the bathroom deserves nothing but scorn.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Something about him being from the Pontiac rings so true to me.

E: I know he's not really from up the valley, but man does this radiate an upper ottawa valley/Outaouais energy.

Beelzebufo fucked around with this message at 14:58 on May 28, 2021

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Seriously it’s been over a year, if you haven’t figured out a home zoom location framed to avoid things like toilets by now what are you even doing. Either he wanted to be caught or he’s just cartoonishly oblivious and neither possibility reflects well on him.

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Why?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
A true representative democracy must include the exhibitionists

Jam Band Death Cult
Feb 29, 2008

I'm Very Glad I'm Going To Be An Earl

apatheticman posted:

A true representative democracy must include the exhibitionists

Unironically this.

Curfew ended in all of Québec today. It had been on in one form or another since... January 8. Very glad that part's over.

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Jam Band Death Cult posted:

Unironically this.

Curfew ended in all of Québec today. It had been on in one form or another since... January 8. Very glad that part's over.

Hell yeah. Finally.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Arcsquad12 posted:

He pissed in a coffee cup at his desk.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

flakeloaf posted:

He pissed in a coffee cup at his desk.

:stare:

the fact i don't know if this is real or not is a real bad indictment on this weirdo

everyone from the pontiac is bad

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Too much water-gate.

CanPol 2021 - Too Much Water-gate

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Jordan7hm posted:

:stare:

the fact i don't know if this is real or not is a real bad indictment on this weirdo

everyone from the pontiac is bad

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisGNardi/status/1398247464008916996

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Disease & Disaster > CanPol 2020 - Parliamentary Poopsocking

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Oh so he’s a psychopath.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So Ontario is moving up the timeline for second doses and hopes to get a majority of people fully vaccinated by the end of the summer. How is this going to affect people who registered for the first dose and automatically got their second dose booked at the same time? Will we have our second doses moved up by the registration system or will we have to book our second doses separately to get them closer to the first?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Willie Amok

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ban this sick filth

Jam Band Death Cult
Feb 29, 2008

I genuinely wonder what mental trajectory leads to mug-pissing. Any way to ATIP his therapy sessions? Or to have them broadcast? It's in the public interest.

vyelkin posted:

CanPol 2021 - somehow not the first coffee cup pissing scandal

Exactly. I want mug-pissing experts on the news telling us what to make of this.

Jam Band Death Cult fucked around with this message at 16:51 on May 28, 2021

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Another Bill posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Disease & Disaster > CanPol 2020 - Parliamentary Poopsocking

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Disease & Disaster > CanPol 2020 - Parliamentary Pissjugs - Way of the road Bubs

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
CanPol 2021 - somehow not the first coffee cup pissing scandal

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Jam Band Death Cult posted:

I genuinely wonder what mental trajectory leads to mug-pissing. Any way to ATIP his therapy sessions?

Pissing in a mug would stress me the gently caress out. It sounds way too small for the potential volume that could come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jam Band Death Cult
Feb 29, 2008

I'm thinking about it and in all likelihood he definitely wasn't the first to pee while on call, just the first to get caught. Twice. What does this tell us?