Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
Imagine if we had the foreign policy of Cuba?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

Yeah, you shouldn't blame the union for protecting their members, blame the management for failing to go through the clearly defined hoops to get them fired. It's not impossible to be fired, it's just harder. Which is a good thing, because otherwise the dynamic between worker and management is too far in management's favour.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

EvidenceBasedQuack posted:

I'm cool with Amita and they seem like a decent candidate based on tweets I've seen. I like Svend better, though.

Yeah, I think I might even volunteer a bit for him. I'd like to ask if he just saw an opportunity to grab some bourgeois bullshit and panic-ed when he say the camera, but he said it was just based on stress and bipolarity. I'll probably support him either way, but I'd prefer the former.

Edit: Although there is a communist party candidate in this riding as well....Hmmm...

Ardent Communist fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 29, 2019

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

I'm lucky in most of the brands that I somehow develop a taste for tend to be not totally terrible. At least Quiznos kills fascists, after all.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

I'd laugh at the idea of some white supremacists deciding to go to Africa, but I'm sure they saw themselves as neo-colonialists.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

infernal machines posted:

So, I feel the need to point to "We will take action to ensure that 2015 will be the last federal election conducted under the first-past-the-post voting system"

Yep, that's definitely a good reason not to vote liberal. I dunno how it's relevant to this discussion.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

Does anyone point out that that implies they don't want anything to change, to keep going on the way we are now? Seems kind of a dumb saying, especially if you aren't the incumbent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

Fidelitious posted:

Spanish Flu:
Far deadlier than coronavirus
Hit during the biggest war the world had ever seen so everything was already hosed
Medical technology and understanding of 1918

Still didn't end the world.

Not that uh...we should be happy with Spanish Flu-level deaths. I agree that the infrastructure impact could theoretically be more damaging since there's just way more infrastructure to be impacted than existed in 1918.

I don't disagree that the global economy will be hosed sideways from this, but it still appears recoverable. We're obviously far more globally linked than we were in 1918 and poo poo is going to get bad but...society-ending bad?

Tell that to the Tsars!